Championship GDT: yotes vs Jackrabbits 1pm Premier Center ESPNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship GDT: yotes vs Jackrabbits 1pm Premier Center ESPNU

The final game has no surprises as to the teams. It is the rubber match that gives the winner a pass to the NCAA tourney. There is no motivation needed for either team. There is a need for another great SLT crowd to support the Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

The games in Vermillion and Brookings were very different from each other. Not sure which one this will resemble. Meyer being out is impactful so we will need everyone to step up. I do think most of the pressure today is on USD. Their big 3 came back to win this and with the hope of finally winning an NCAA tournament game so I am curious to see how they respond to that pressure today. Hopefully we play loose and put together our best basketball of the season today!

Comment

It will be interesting to see if fatigue is an issue at all today. USDs starters played pretty significant minutes outside of Skerven. Myah actually played 30 min which is well over normal for her. Will need to continue to shoot well and get some open shot makes from other members of the team. Should be a good crowd, this is the big one!

Comment

Hopefully Lamb will not have the kind of shooting game that she had yesterday. The Yotes are much tougher to defend when she is hitting from the perimeter.

Comment

It will take an MVP-level game from Selland to make up for the loss of Myers offensively. We’re just not the same team without her pushing it down the court creating chaos and keeping their outstanding D from getting set. I think that’s going to really limit our scoring so we better be ready to lock it down on the other end.

Comment

Myah Selland is going to have a game that Jacks fans won’t forget for a long time. One they will be talking about around the plains of Woonsocket for the next 100 years, and the Jacks will win. I’m ready to lose my voice. Lets get this party started!

Comment

i actually expect both Lamb and Myah to have excellent games and the SLT MVP will be one of the two depending on winning team. but YES hopefully chloe will not shoot quite as well as yesterday!! i do fully expect a big game from Myah. our studs have traditionally played very well in this game!! i recall workenthien, waytashek, and macy playing very well

related point, did macy win SLT MVP all four times she played in the tourney? i know she won at least 3 and i really cannot imagine who would have won the other one

i have every confidence in myah and the team. and OF COURSE i expect this will be a tough game!! but i am not sure why the worry that we will not be able to score. the roster we have today scored just fine against them last year. i think the biggest worry is any foul trouble. minus that or injuries we have always done just fine against this team!!

if paiton hits 4 3s today i gotta imagine it makes life tough for them. i fully expect they will get good scoring from at least 2 of the big 3. i expect myah and tori to have very good games. who else will step up? i said it before, but i would love tylee to put together about a 4 or 5 game run beginning today where she scores like she did last time against them

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                related point, did macy win SLT MVP all four times she played in the tourney? i know she won at least 3 and i really cannot imagine who would have won the other one...
                I believe one of Macy's years (maybe that was the year Macy was hurt?) WIU beat us and Emily Clemons won mvp.

https://thesummitleague.org/document...0_21_Final.pdf
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I believe one of Macy's years (maybe that was the year Macy was hurt?) WIU beat us and Emily Clemons won mvp.

https://thesummitleague.org/document...0_21_Final.pdf
                  I think Nicole Seekamp (USD) was MVP one of the years that we won the tournament.

Comment

Any one else having problems getting the game on espn website?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Any one else having problems getting the game on espn website?
                      Mine is working. Missed about the first 5 seconds of the game is all.

Comment

Wow 2 early questionable calls on Irwin. Brutal. Sjerven shoving and elbowing her way around the paint with zero whistles but that’s not new and I’m glad after today I never have to see her play again.

Comment

Yotes getting some favorable foul calls early on

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post

Mine is working. Missed about the first 5 seconds of the game is all.
                            got the game on the radio atleast, but was hoping to watch while at work.

Glad Im not watching, I would probably get to fired up.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              Wow 2 early questionable calls on Irwin. Brutal. Sjerven shoving and elbowing her way around the paint with zero whistles but that’s not new and I’m glad after today I never have to see her play again.

In previous games, when they do the high ball screen, she turns into the defender as they come around and its totally an illegal screen, but somehow she gets away with it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X