No announcement yet.

GDT: USD Coyotes vs SDSU Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paige Meyer should not only be the freshman of the year in th summit league. She should be player of the year

Comment

Prove me wrong!

Comment

And yes, used is screwed after this year!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

She created a new zip code today.
          12222-2223?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            And yes, used is screwed after this year!
            They're not afraid to utilize transfers, particularly at center.

Not that I'm opposed to the prediction about them falling off a proverbial cliff turning out to be true

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

12222-2223?
              Albany residents find that reference offensive

Comment

Playing without Myah for the non-conference schedule hurt the Jacks record, but it helped develop the bench and prepared the team to play without her in situations like when she had to sit today.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post

The big 3 had 49 of their 65 points today. That will be tough to replace next year.
                  With them losing the big three, especially Sjervyn, and us getting Brooklyn Meyer, + Kallie, Tori, Myah, and Peyton, returners, it really will give us a huge advantage to the Jacks next season. They won't be able to handle two Myers on the roster I'm afraid. Looking forward to seeing all four freshmen next season, but first, we have to fight our old nemesis one more time, if we don't slip up the rest of the season. It looks like we won't the way we are playing now. This NCAA women's Tournament will have 68 entrants this year, the same as the men.

Comment

USD had 27 minutes for reserves who turned in 2 points, 6 rebounds, & 3 assists. The Jackrabbits reserves clocked 52 minutes, 14 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks & 1 steal. The bench was a factor today.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Paige Meyer should not only be the freshman of the year in th summit league. She should be player of the year
                      I would think that Naome or however you spell it from KC will be POY. she is leading the league in both scoring and assists by a very comfortable margin. scores about double what Paige does. Also leading in 3pt fg percent and near the top of many other categories

Paige is very good, but my guess the future is much brighter for her. that said we have some REALLY good recruits coming in the next couple years. i would not guarantee that Paige is going to be necessarily the clear cut star or best player. it will even be interesting to see what happens next year. HOPING that there are no setbacks and Myah is totally healthy, i absolutely believe she is still the best player on the team. Maybe some forget how unbelievably good she was last year. we could go back through stats, but i would say she had one of the best individual seasons that anyone has had under AJ

100% NOT trying to dampen your or anyone enthusiam for miss meyer!!! but for me today was really the first time that she has really REALLY impressed me. hopefully she keeps building from here!!! hopefully BOTH her and Timmer do!! if so, i think today would be seen as the day they really announced themselves as BIG TIME players in this conference and rivalry
                      I mean YES there have been some good games but getting it done against usd is FAR more meaningful than getting it done against any other team in the conference. and somebody already said it, but the two freshman and tylee carried us today with plenty of help from tori and plenty of other contributors

on a different note, whether she is scoring or not Tylee has really been one of my favorite players! i have always appreciated her defense and just the way that she does all the little things. THAT SAID when she has a day like today scoring the ball, it ALWAYS looks like she should be able to do that almost at will. she probably wont, BUT hopefully we will have a few more of those before she is done!!! especially in march!!

i have ALWAYS believed that her 3pt shooting improves significantly if she can get a couple buckets off post up or transition first. this team STILL is figuring out who they are and what works for them on offense. the style with Paige is much different than last year. last year it was all about ball movement and player movement without the ball. with Paige it is much more often her creating off dribble and she is really REALLY good off the ball screen!!! i think that Tylee was the player who most struggled with that change. she played very very well last year. Myah looked to pass up the floor more in transition than paige does and that fits Tylee getting out running. also last year a lot of offense from cutting while myah had the ball in either high or low post. that was also a good fit for Tylee. but this team seems to figure it out more almost every game and they are getting a better and better offensive rhythm and understanding of how to play within their strength but still take what the defense gives them

they could be playing much better still come tourney time in a month!! they have definitely improved a lot in the last month. that said they got ZERO breaks last time out against usd. the WHOLE TEAM got the same treatment that myah got today

Comment

With the win yesterday, we jumped ahead of USD in both the RPI and NET. I still don’t think either team did enough in the non-conference stretch to secure an at-large but regardless, we are climbing. Our SOS was very strong in the non-conference season but we just didn’t get enough big wins. I believe that if the conference title ends in a tie, RPI is the tiebreaker.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                          With the win yesterday, we jumped ahead of USD in both the RPI and NET. I still don’t think either team did enough in the non-conference stretch to secure an at-large but regardless, we are climbing. Our SOS was very strong in the non-conference season but we just didn’t get enough big wins. I believe that if the conference title ends in a tie, RPI is the tiebreaker.
                          They said on the broadcast that the NET would be the tie-breaker if both teams win out. If that happens, the NET shouldn't change much since both teams play the same remaining schedules.

Comment

4 home games and 2 road games remain for the conference leaders. Kansas City will likely be the toughest game remaining & it is the last game in Frost 2/26. The road games are WIU & St Thomas. A loss by either team should be considered an upset. Is the margin of victory a consideration in the NET/RPI formulas?
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Ok, I like Paige as much as anyone but this is some USD level homerism. I mean Paige had a great game, but Alnatas has put a stranglehold on the POY with her 29 point triple double the same day as the USD/SDSU game. In fact I don’t think it likely Paige is a first team all conference player at the end of the year. Unfortunately the fact she drives our offense beyond her stats isn’t factored as heavily as it should be.

As far as freshman/newcomer of the year that is far more possible. However. I would assume that Moore from ORU would likely be the leader for FOU with Paige in the running. As for newcomer, you add McDavid from KC in the conversation and she would likely have the advantage over Paige on that.

All that being said, Paige is huge for us and makes our team go. I can’t wait to see what her career trajectory looks like. We are lucky to have her.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                                Ok, I like Paige as much as anyone but this is some USD level homerism. I mean Paige had a great game, but Alnatas has put a stranglehold on the POY with her 29 point triple double the same day as the USD/SDSU game. In fact I don’t think it likely Paige is a first team all conference player at the end of the year. Unfortunately the fact she drives our offense beyond her stats isn’t factored as heavily as it should be.

As far as freshman/newcomer of the year that is far more possible. However. I would assume that Moore from ORU would likely be the leader for FOU with Paige in the running. As for newcomer, you add McDavid from KC in the conversation and she would likely have the advantage over Paige on that.

All that being said, Paige is huge for us and makes our team go. I can’t wait to see what her career trajectory looks like. We are lucky to have her.
                                Of course I’m being a homer! My post was somewhat tongue in cheek, but that was lost in translation. I realize she doesn’t have a shot at POY. But I think she should be FOY. I have said this to others, we are dang lucky she is only 5’6”

Comment

Working...
                                X