Lady Bears vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Ugly is fair. Way too easy is also accurate. Jackrabbits had both soft passes picked off and forcing passes into the paint that were stolen. 25 turnovers should be the highlight of problems followed by the 15 offensive boards for the Lady Bears. Meyer is doing a great job of learning the PG. She is still realizing how good the opposition can be and adjusting her drives and passes. I would also like to see her take some more 3 pt and 15' shots. She is a 46% 3 pt shooter who did not attempt a long distance shot last night. Irwin looked healthier again last night compared to the UNI game. Theisen had a solid game which included 4 blocks. Burckhard, Theisen, & Nelson all turned in 32-35 minutes of play. Selland as a playmaker would certainly enhance Meyer's ability and likely others. Hopefully, the shoulder will allow her to play Saturday. The Summit performance will define the post season opportunities with 6 OOC losses.
    It's a good time to have 4 more teams in the NCAA Tournament this season, however, I wouldn't want to be seeded that low, but, getting in anyway we can would be great, otherwise, it's the WNIT if the unthinkable happens and we don't get the auto and then finish 2nd in the conference. Hope this doesn't happen and we take control of our own destiny. A K-State win would be a step in the right direction. I also hope that the four extra teams added aren't all P-5 lower teams just to get them in and over-looking qualified mid-majors, which there shoud be some mid-majors to vie for those spots that are just as qualified or even better.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-07-2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Watching a college basketball team commit 24 tournovers is about as ugly of a brand of basketball you can watch.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Watching a college basketball team commit 24 tournovers is about as ugly of a brand of basketball you can watch.
        it was just sloppy passing too. like middle school level and effort IMHO. a few were solid defensive effort. just lazy passing and not good positioning. What we are teaching our 5th grade team i am helping to coach. Never pass all the way across from side to side, and if you are trying to pass to someone you cant see it will probably go to the other team. a clear line of sight and a good passing lane.......I am exciting to work with the kids on rebounding on our next practice.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

For our next contest, K-State put a whoop'n on Omaha by 31, 87-56. In that game, K-St shot 50% from the 3 pt line as a team, 16-32. On the inside, Ayoka Lee scored 19. Four players on the bench got a lot of minutes, and they all scored (27 bench pts) during their time on the court , so the bench is fairly good in this contest .Another tough contest coming up. I'm sure Old Hare will have all the details on game day as usual.

Comment

Working...
          X