Lady Bears vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Bears vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/ESPN+

Missouri State(5-2) comes to town as the preseason favorite of the MVC. Amaka “Mox” Agugua-Hamilton is the head coach as of April 2019. She has taken off like a rocket with 2 of the best seasons ever for the Lady Bears. She has 2 preseason first team players Franklin & Calip. Hipp is a senoir forward who has missed the last 4 games. There are 7 seniors on this team that get the bulk of the playing time. A junior forward and sophomore guard are the first after that. The only home game loss the Lady Bears have suffered since Coach Mox has arrived in Springfield was last year to the Jackrabbits. The defense is boasting 20% 3pt fg and 33% overall field goal numbers in addition to other defensive numbers ending with 51 points/game for their opponents. Defense will be important on both ends tonight for each team. The same Jackrabbit team that was in Springfield last year plus freshmen will be in Brookings tonight. A healthier & aggressive team this week is important to finish the OOC portion strongly. A dose of Frost Arena might be exactly what the doctor ordered! Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by OldHare; 12-06-2021, 09:42 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Paige off to a hot start, very assertive, that's what we need

Comment

Jacks a little out of sync at tmes, playing really well except for some mental errors.

Comment

The press seemed to both us early but we have adjusted.

Other note: Zim tweets that Selland is expected to be out for a while. I guess I thought it was minor…

Comment

Paige is so aggressive, in a good way, she's going to be a great player

Comment

Good so far, just hope we can maintain this assertive / aggessive play for the whole 40 min

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              The press seemed to both us early but we have adjusted.

Other note: Zim tweets that Selland is expected to be out for a while. I guess I thought it was minor…
              Newitt just suggested as such -- that absence shouldn't be "long-term"

Comment

We sure miss that 6' 3" + player most teams have in the post to get those easy putbacks against shorter players under the basket. I think Mo state has about 3 + of those in this game with their tall post player.We've seemed to be limited to 6' 2" , except for Bultsma and next yrs recruit at 6' 3". They help a lot on defense too. I know , they are hard to find at D1 elite level, but we have to get lucky at some time in the future me hopes.To battle the big girls, you have to match their size to some extent. Jus rambling.... guess I was referring to Mo St's Franklin, she's just 6'1", but plays much bigger, I guess athletic ability can trump height as they say, got to box her out , she's too good close to the bucket.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-06-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Paige Meyer is going to be bruised and sore by the end of this one. She’s taking a beating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are playing so well this game, keep it going, 1/2 way there.Take it on home

Comment

Theisen is developing into a very good inside player. Jacks got in trouble early when AJ made wholesale substitutions and team had no offensive flow. Going to have to keep 3 or 4 starters in and stagger substitutions.

Comment

Love some bench points and fewer turnovers. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          Paige Meyer is going to be bruised and sore by the end of this one. She’s taking a beating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          She plays so hard , hope she's as tough as I think she is and can go 4 yrs w/o serious injury, as I wish for all our players.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Newitt just suggested as such -- that absence shouldn't be "long-term"
                            Either he or Tom N said that there’s a chance she could be back for Saturday’s game against KSU.

Hopefully the intense defensive style of this game doesn’t leave the Jacks out of energy late in the game. MSU is legit. I’m a little surprised we are hanging in there without Selland.

Comment

Irwin , Myer and Theisen are the most effective on offense so far, Nelson 2-3 , is she not getting open now , she started hot , but only 4 pts for the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X