This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I just don’t think she’s that good to be honest. The basketball skills are there but not the athleticism. Maybe I’m wrong.
    Size could also be an issue. AJ seems to have prioritized more length at the guard position in recent and future classes. Paige is the obvious exception, but she may be an outlier in having the skill set to be able to compete at this level at 5'6. Not sure a 5'8 guard would be a wise use of a roster spot unless her skills are off the chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Size could also be an issue. AJ seems to have prioritized more length at the guard position in recent and future classes. Paige is the obvious exception, but she may be an outlier in having the skill set to be able to compete at this level at 5'6. Not sure a 5'8 guard would be a wise use of a roster spot unless her skills are off the chart.
      i think there is a strong possibility that you hit the nail on the head here. that said, it does not seem that any of us here have anything very closely resembling a fact regarding the past or current interest from the jacks related to Bella

the jacks, however, have shown a long standing preference for guards who are 6' tall or as close as possible. it has been quite rare for a long time that they have two guards on the floor and one of them is not at least 5'11

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i think there is a strong possibility that you hit the nail on the head here. that said, it does not seem that any of us here have anything very closely resembling a fact regarding the past or current interest from the jacks related to Bella

the jacks, however, have shown a long standing preference for guards who are 6' tall or as close as possible. it has been quite rare for a long time that they have two guards on the floor and one of them is not at least 5'11
        Mahli Abdouch and Emilee Fox are both listed at 5'8

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I realize that. that says to me they must be seen as beyond special players. beyond that we have two current freshman guards who are listed at 5'10. i think they are also very very highly thought of, but i do not think any of that diminishes the truth that AJ prefers to have guards who are 6 feet tall or dang close

semi related note, it appears that Maddie V may have grown slightly since her arrival. i believe she is still listed at 6'1 and i am pretty sure that is the height she was listed for most of her high school career, but she seems clearly taller than Myah and Tori now

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
            Sydni Schetnan 6'5" is on the WVB roster for Louisville, not WBB. I still hope for twin towers concept to enhance the Jacks' post play after the 2022-23 season.
            Post #940 - Work still to be done on this July 2022 pipe dream .......... BUT, Schetnan is on campus ....... oh boy, oh boy ........

Comment

• 2023 is The Year Of The Rabbit in the Chinese Zodiac ..... fits just fine

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post

Post #940 - Work still to be done on this July 2022 pipe dream .......... BUT, Schetnan is on campus ....... oh boy, oh boy ........
                Fun to think about but I doubt this will happen. I honestly never expected Louisville to pan out for her for basketball. I think playing two overlapping sports at the D1 level just isn’t feasible and volleyball probably suits her better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

That same class of '24 has Vasecka listed at 6'2, so we have size and also Dunn at 6'0 and Shepard at 6'1. Class of '23 has incoming Behrens at 6'1 and Hopp at 5'11, a guard, we can take a couple highly skilled exceptional guards that are 5'8 no problem, in fact , much anticipated getting them both. I'm sure you and all the fans feel the same way . AJ keeps us well rounded,balanced, with height in mind. I know you were just responding to LetsGoRabbits post, I'm just adding to the conversation a little with my perspective is all.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-12-2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Vasecka and Fox both have medical issues that are worth keeping an eye on long term...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Vasecka and Fox both have medical issues that are worth keeping an eye on long term...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                      I did not know that....thanks for that information and hope they stay healthy.

Comment

• Bella headed to Akron.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Bella headed to Akron.
                          The MAC is a very good Conference, congrats to Bella, hope she has a good experience there.

Comment

• I have not been following very closely this year, but I just noticed on Michael McCleary's twitter last night that Katie Vasecka is back on the court. Does anyone know how much time she missed this season or what the nature of her injury was? I saw it mentioned earlier that she may have some nagging injuries in her future. I hope this is not the case because I am very excited for her future.

Comment

• Bella Swedlund a Toledo Rocket according to her Twitter account.

Comment

• Did anyone read the game story for the SDSU/USD game Feb 11? The end of the story mentioned the seniors will be honored this coming Saturday as they will be playing their final game at Frost that night. Regan Nesheim will be honored. She is listed as a red shirt junior. Does that mean there is another scholarshiop slot open starting next year? I’m just asking as I don’t know a lot about these things.

Comment

Working...
                                X