This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PGH Dakotas View Post
    For two years, max-out'ed scholarships; 6 players graduate in 2022. Right?
    I think you are right according to GoJacks.com roster

Currently
    1. Theuninck (RS-Soph)
    2. Ferrand (Soph)
    3. Stapleton (Soph)
    4. Hirschman (Soph)
    5. Burckhard (Soph)
    6. Selland (Junior - but getting a year back)

So all listed above will be RS-Jr or Juniors next year. Scheduled to graduate in 2022.

Comment

• Next two seasons with significant (Jr/Sr classes) experience should/cloud be special.

Comment

• Any clues on 2022 recruits? Brooklyn Meyer's acrobatics draw attention from multiple D-1's - Bailey Sobczak (RC Stevens) is another athletic post/power fwd. Class B has Kacie Groves and Zoey Wohlleber showing special skills. Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda has awesome explosiveness - oodles of talent nearby, forecasting tecruits' progress is much more an art than science.

Comment

• Brooklyn Meyer and Alexis Markowski would be a real treat to watch together playing in the post.......should that happen to come to fruition

Comment

Any clues on 2022 recruits? Brooklyn Meyer's acrobatics draw attention from multiple D-1's - Bailey Sobczak (RC Stevens) is another athletic post/power fwd. Class B has Kacie Groves and Zoey Wohlleber showing special skills. Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda has awesome explosiveness - oodles of talent nearby, forecasting tecruits' progress is much more an art than science.
            Ronsiek? Swedlund? Unfortunately the trend here lately has been to take one SD kid per class. Timmer, Vlastuin, Burkhard, Selland. I dont see Mwentenanda, Ronsiek or Swedlund sticking here. I think all three are P5 players. That's where they are projected also on SD Jr All Stars as high mid majors to power 5 conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

Ronsiek? Swedlund? Unfortunately the trend here lately has been to take one SD kid per class. Timmer, Vlastuin, Burkhard, Selland. I dont see Mwentenanda, Ronsiek or Swedlund sticking here. I think all three are P5 players. That's where they are projected also on SD Jr All Stars as high mid majors to power 5 conferences.
              In women's basketball we can compete with P5 conferences, especially the low to mid level P5 teams. And we are definitely a high mid-major in women's hoops.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

In women's basketball we can compete with P5 conferences, especially the low to mid level P5 teams. And we are definitely a high mid-major in women's hoops.
                Correct. Im not arguing that, but believe me not every SD kid wants to be a Jackrabbit or Coyote. Im also an SDSU alum and I see that. I should be more clear. We believe those three are high level P5 prospects. One or all may very well end up at SDSU. As of today, none of those three have SDSU offers that are known publicly about. I do know through our research with them they all three have big schools (upper tier) in contact with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

Correct. Im not arguing that, but believe me not every SD kid wants to be a Jackrabbit or Coyote. Im also an SDSU alum and I see that. I should be more clear. We believe those three are high level P5 prospects. One or all may very well end up at SDSU. As of today, none of those three have SDSU offers that are known publicly about. I do know through our research with them they all three have big schools (upper tier) in contact with them.
                  Yup, I agree with you 100%.

It's crazy the difference between the men's and women's game. On the men's side a kid with P5 offers is extremely unlikely to go to SDSU. The women's side we've usually at least got a shot.

Comment

• So far,we only have 10 players for 2022...three of those are seniors.I wouldn't be surprised if we don't add three or four players for 2022, and another three or four for 2023.

Comment

• Every year, players transfer OUT of D-1 teams - 360+ this year - annual tragedy because HS players buy into the recruiting services' hype and do not seek the best fit. https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketbal...9-summer-2020/ SDSU/USD build solid relationships with complete players who understand roles, defense, and teamwork.

Comment

Every year, players transfer OUT of D-1 teams - 360+ this year - annual tragedy because HS players buy into the recruiting services' hype and do not seek the best fit. https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketbal...9-summer-2020/ SDSU/USD build solid relationships with complete players who understand roles, defense, and teamwork.
                        not so sure "hype" is the correct term....so many of these players have dreams and choose to follow that dream. for one reason or another sometimes it just doesn't turn out to be a good fit and they decide to move on. there is also a handful that struggle to be happy anywhere and transfer to a number of schools.

Comment

Every year, players transfer OUT of D-1 teams - 360+ this year - annual tragedy because HS players buy into the recruiting services' hype and do not seek the best fit. https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketbal...9-summer-2020/ SDSU/USD build solid relationships with complete players who understand roles, defense, and teamwork.
                          not so sure "hype" is the correct term. at the time, it may feel to be the best decision for them....so many of these players have dreams and choose to follow that dream. for one reason or another sometimes it just doesn't turn out to be a good fit and they decide to move on. there is also a handful that struggle to be happy anywhere and transfer to a number of schools.

Comment

• I was looking at the 20-21 roster again today and I noticed that Myah is listed as a senior. It that because the NCAA hasn't completely finished the redshirt process or has something changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              I was looking at the 20-21 roster again today and I noticed that Myah is listed as a senior. It that because the NCAA hasn't completely finished the redshirt process or has something changed?
                              I'm guessing they just haven't switched it yet on the website. It was pretty clear she was granted a medical redshirt so I wouldn't get too worried.

Comment

• Academically, Myah probably is a senior. Maybe her medical redshirt status doesn't come into play until after next season.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X