This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Alexis Markowski was named to the first team All-State for both the Lincoln and Omaha papers. Looks like she finished 4th in both PPG and rebounding in the state!
    I'm excited about adding Markowski for multiple reasons. I expect her to do the blue collar work inside as she inherited that from her dad. Andy Markowski was a two-time captain for the Huskers in the late 90's when they actually fielded a solid team. They qualified for one NCAA tourney and played postseason ball every year he was there including winning the NIT. He comes from a small town in the middle of Nebraska, so I believe he has cultivated those traits in Alexis. Andy was also on Dave Boots staff for three years, two as a grad assistant and his third as Boots top assistant. He moved on to Bowling Green before returning to Lincoln, NE to raise his family. This could be a special family to get locked in for SDSU. Alexis is the oldest of four children. Her sister, Adison, also started for the Class A champions as a freshman. Two more Markowski's served as ball girl and boy for the team.

As the Lincoln Journal Star reported about the players on the Super State team, Alexis "emerged as the most dominating player in Class A." She tied the Class A tourney record for points scored in the state tournament this year. In the three games she scored/rebounded at an impressive clip; 29/11, 32/16, and 19/14 in the championship game. As a 6'3" 195 lb. post, she will only get stronger and should have no problem controlling the middle of the lane. Impressive, when you consider she's still only a high school junior.

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

I'm excited about adding Markowski for multiple reasons. I expect her to do the blue collar work inside as she inherited that from her dad. Andy Markowski was a two-time captain for the Huskers in the late 90's when they actually fielded a solid team. They qualified for one NCAA tourney and played postseason ball every year he was there including winning the NIT. He comes from a small town in the middle of Nebraska, so I believe he has cultivated those traits in Alexis. Andy was also on Dave Boots staff for three years, two as a grad assistant and his third as Boots top assistant. He moved on to Bowling Green before returning to Lincoln, NE to raise his family. This could be a special family to get locked in for SDSU. Alexis is the oldest of four children. Her sister, Adison, also started for the Class A champions as a freshman. Two more Markowski's served as ball girl and boy for the team.

As the Lincoln Journal Star reported about the players on the Super State team, Alexis "emerged as the most dominating player in Class A." She tied the Class A tourney record for points scored in the state tournament this year. In the three games she scored/rebounded at an impressive clip; 29/11, 32/16, and 19/14 in the championship game. As a 6'3" 195 lb. post, she will only get stronger and should have no problem controlling the middle of the lane. Impressive, when you consider she's still only a high school junior.
      Thanks for the backstory Gopherole! That's a pretty impressive signing when you consider the connections her family has with all the other programs.

Comment

• I suppose recruiting has pretty much stalled do to the COVID19 virus as there will be no gatherings to evaluate players in the various AAU tournaments for the immediate future anyway.,I think we need mainly players for 2022 and beyond, sophs and younger, except for a quality player should one show interest we always keep in reserve one scholarship for.

Comment

• Haleigh Timmer, jr from St Thomas Moore verbals.
          https://twitter.com/haleigh_timmer/s...051372034?s=21
          AAU North Tartan (plenty of SDSU players have played for North Tarton)

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Haleigh Timmer, jr from St Thomas Moore verbals.
            https://twitter.com/haleigh_timmer/s...051372034?s=21
            AAU North Tartan (plenty of SDSU players have played for North Tarton)
            Great news! Honestly, I'm a little surprised SDSU was able to land her. The St. Thomas More dynasty has produced some really high level players over the years, with girls playing at Washington State, Utah, Colorado State, and of course the Duffys at USD. According to ProspectsNation, Timmer is a 4-star prospect and "She chose SDSU after interest from Lehigh, South Dakota, Vanderbilt and others."

https://prospectsnation.com/story/timmer-chooses-sdsu

Comment

• She is the only underclassman on the first team for AA. She is another player who may be able to push some offense as a playmaker and match well on the defense. The Jackrabbits continue to find good athletes. Keep buying those season tickets folks.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• This is great news, welcome Haleigh. can't wait to watch that '21 team play.

Comment

• That's great news. The first thing that jumped out to me though was on twitter was that Alexis Markowski was in there right away to congratulate her. To me that makes the Markowski deal a "sure thing" (no second guessing so to speak) and let's hope the girls get together and bond. A nice little piece of sunshine in crappy times!

Comment

• OK, what is the story on Ella Thompson that committed today too? Unless I read the Timmer page wrong?

Comment

OK, what is the story on Ella Thompson that committed today too? Unless I read the Timmer page wrong?
                      Not seeing anything about that.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

Not seeing anything about that.
                        When I click on UWM's link and scroll down I get the twitter about Ella Thompson and how she gets to play with her sister at SDSU?

Comment

When I click on UWM's link and scroll down I get the twitter about Ella Thompson and how she gets to play with her sister at SDSU?
                          Ella Thompson is a SDSU Volleyball verbal

Comment

Yep I see i . For volleyball I guess.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Ella Thompson is a SDSU Volleyball verbal
                              Thanks, sorry for the confusion!

Comment

• RC Journal article on Timmer verbal https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...stbseRDcV6ykzU

Comment

Working...
                                X