Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oklahoma

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Well...... I guess a 12 seed is not so bad.

Hats off to Oklahoma. They were solid in all phases of the game. I lost count of how many big 3's they hit just when we were starting to make a run. That's a good team. We needed to play pretty much error free to beat them on their home court.
    I'll take a 12 seed any day over an 8 or 9 seed.Good for us to experience the next level of defense(UConn,Louisville,SC, Baylor ,Okla,etc),don't think we fully adjusted to it though(13 TO's 1st half,9 TO's 2nd half), ....we don't see it enough.We couldn't get any type of offensive rythem going.Twenty two TO's killed us. On to the next game.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-23-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Re: Oklahoma

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      And a number of those threes were from 5 or 6 feet beyond the line. Hard to close out when they are hitting from there. Their quickness bothered us, and their big post had Ober and Thompson hearing footsteps and rushing things.
      I don't think it was their posts height as much as how quick she closed in on them,Stanford as well as other teams had as tall of posts (6'4") or taller.The whole Oklahoma team was pretty quick and it definately bothered us.Guebert (i think) got a nice steal ,and she took about one dribble and they stole the ball right back,couple passes and a layup.They weren't all running back,the quicker guards kind of hung around the ball a lot at times,at least a couple of them.Another time we were taking the ball out from behind the base line,as soon as our player turned to go down court ,she got picked,very nice defensive play.Someone went right at 6'9" Mulkey (?) and she looked like a big crane lowering it's boom,the ball barely left her hand and it was blocked.They scouted us very well, and knew our tendencies.They took our game away from us with their defensive onslaught.We'll be better after lessons learned from this game.

Comment

Working...
      X