Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
    Done talking about the refs. Hell of an effort by our girls; we outplayed Stanford on their home court tonight. Special thanks to Chloe and Gabby. Hope this leaves us hungry for next year.
    They're women, but agreed on rest of the points.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      1,961 is the announced attendence in Stanford tonight?

Wow.

And not in-a-good-way "wow."
      is this official?

Comment

What I ment was a Stanford Notre Dame game was an instant draw because of the history of the two programs and it is hard to break in to that rare air

Comment

This loss hurts.
          Hell of a game.
          Mark my words, SDSU WILL be a Sweet-16 team next year. Count on it.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            Mark my words, SDSU WILL be a Sweet-16 team next year. Count on it.
            That definitely seems possible and should be a storyline all season. This experience will help. I can't believe all the firepower we return from this team.

If all 1-4 seeds get to host first round games, that's 16 teams (essentially the top-16). It's not completely absurd to say that we could achieve that one of the next two seasons. Stanford was ranked 13/16 in the latest AP/coaches poll. Miami was 19 in both. How much better than our young team were they?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              And this is supposedly the reason why the top seeds get two home games to start the tournament. $ And people wonder why only a handful of 12 seeds have made the Sweet 16. They said Stanford was something like 33-4 in home NCAA tournament games - that's ridiculous. That's almost 20 years of getting to play your first two tournament games while sleeping in your own beds. Do those fouls and no-calls get called the same on a neutral court ? We'll never know I guess.
              I think a salty attorney should bring a title 9 suit against the NCAA. THERE IS NO WAY THE WOMEN HAVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OF MEN TO SUCCEED.

We have been told for years that regionally seeding will drive things. Where was that this year. Complete CRAP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                I think a salty attorney should bring a title 9 suit against the NCAA. THERE IS NO WAY THE WOMEN HAVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OF MEN TO SUCCEED.

We have been told for years that regionally seeding will drive things. Where was that this year. Complete CRAP.

Exactly,another point too,a poster on another board brought up the question of ,if the home advantage is such a great opportunity for the top 16 teams to get their "just reward" and be able to host the opening two rd games in the Women's Tournament,then how come they don't give that same opportunity for the top 16 teams in the Men's Tournament.Maybe because they aren't so easy to manipulate and wouldn't be so accepting of being told what's good for them would be my guess.The men's coaches wouldn't stand for being put at that much of a disadvantage.They just wouldn't,the backlash would be very swift in coming I'd think.It would ruin the men's Tournament too is probably why.That's the cash cow that pays for everything.

The best recruits would all slowly start migrating to the teams that have the best opportunities to host games and thus go further into the tournament,(aka the P-5)and the men's tournament wouldn't have all the upsets that make the tournament fun and exciting,they may even get a 15 year champion like the womens tournament has,with only 4 teams with any hope of defeating them....oh joy,great for the sport!

We seem to be able to buck the system,and are slowly making progress,but it's a long drawn out, tedious process that could have been much easier if only the road blocks were removed and the idea of equal opportunity for all was adhered to.That's wishful thinking I guess.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-22-2016, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Right, they literally shoot the women's game in the foot by taking away the one thing (opportunity for upsets) that makes the men's game so interesting. And that hurts overall interest in the women's game. Frost arena would have been turning ppl away if that was held in Brookings. In Sioux falls there would have been 10k ppl.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back from California. SDSU postgame press conferences are online.

Kerri Young & Macy Miller Press Conference (With AJ opening statement): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrBoV-I6oko

AJ Press Conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3vkmTEIQIQ

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      That is a pathetic attendance by Stanford. With the history they have their, I don't see how they can sell out every game. Muffet McGraw definitely wouldn't take the mic and thank the crowd there.

Was the women's tournament ever on neutral courts?
                      Seen a few comments about Muffet McGraw lately, last night was a great reason why she took the mic. Knowledgable fans, great attendance and an impressive young team. She was impressed by what she saw on all levels and wanted to let people know. All the coaches out there that we can't stand such as Baylor, for someone to do the right thing seems like a class act to me. Why people can't grasp and appreciate that I will never know.

Comment

What a great season by the girls, especially considering this was probably one year earlier than expected.

It just seems that the offensive ineptitude of our bench finally caught up to us. I'm really surprised we were able to win 5 post season games with a bench that shot 19% over the course of the 5 games (14-72). Next year hopefully Wade can bring us some much needed offensive output from the bench. If a couple of other players can improve and give us some scoring punch of the bench we have the talent to have a special year next year.

Comment

nothing to hang your heads about. yes, just a heartbreaker-----if there was a time that stanford was ripe for the pickin', this was it.

get the bumps and bruises healed physically and mentally. be ready for another exciting season of jackrabbit wbb!

Comment

I thought AJ coached a hell of a game. They were so well prepared and focused.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Great season. Next step is getting over the hump and beating a Baylor or Stanford in a close game on the road in the tourney but definitely a fantastic season!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGetJacked View Post
                                Just got back from California. SDSU postgame press conferences are online.

Kerri Young & Macy Miller Press Conference (With AJ opening statement): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrBoV-I6oko

AJ Press Conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3vkmTEIQIQ
                                Do you have Tara V's? Interested in what she had to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X