Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is the best player in SDSU history?

I must admit that the direction this thread has headed is a bit bizarre. I am a little uncomfortable when I read posts which are as personal as some of these whether they are meant to be complimentary, in gest, or otherwise. As for making choices about posting here or not, why even preface the decision? Either post or don't.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I do not want to add fuel to the fire, but want to correct the orginal statement I made about Jim Sutton and his consective free throws. As a high school student in Brookings I watched Sutton for his entire career. He was very good and a great person from what everyone tells me. I believe Jim also still holds the record for best career ft completed percentage which is about 86 per cent. A senior moment suggested to me that he had made 86 in a row and for that I stand to be corrected. I think my point about the changes in the game makes compariabilty difficult among individuals stars over the years. I will be glad to say that we have a bunch of greats both men and women and most if not all have turned out to be great citizens.

No further comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt_Evans
        Hopefully I've pulled down anything I'd posted that could have been construed as a personal compliment. I'm leaving up a couple of the things I'd posted in jest--"bizarre" or not.
        Nice demonstration of the midwest passive-aggressive personality. If your confident that the individuals you posted about wouldn't mind what you said then stick to your guns. In my opinion this thread consists of some replies that are different than other threads, hence by comments regarding its general direction.

My vote for best ever, Karla Stevenson, I scrimmaged against her while in high school and she could shut me down. There, now I have contributed to the curious nature of this thread.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Originally posted by Kurt_Evans
          I must admit that the direction this thread has headed is a bit bizarre. I am a little uncomfortable when I read posts which are as personal as some of these whether they are meant to be complimentary, in gest, or otherwise.
          Hopefully I've pulled down anything I'd posted that could have been construed as a personal compliment. I'm leaving up a couple of the things I'd posted in jest--"bizarre" or not.
          Nice demonstration of the midwest passive-aggressive personality.
          Nice demonstration of regional stereotyping. The word Midwest is capitalized, by the way.

If your confident that the individuals you posted about wouldn't mind what you said then stick to your guns.
          I'm confident the perception that personal praise and light humor are "bizarre" can be created by the mere application of the label. I'm also confident the contraction for "you are" is spelled you're.

In my opinion this thread consists of some replies that are different than other threads, hence by comments regarding its general direction.
          That should be "different from" instead of "different than"... In my opinion, some of your own replies are different from those in other threads. Does that mean they're bizarre?

My vote for best ever, Karla Stevenson, I scrimmaged against her while in high school and she could shut me down. There, now I have contributed to the curious nature of this thread.
          I beat Matt Jones at one-on-one. I coached him in baseball, and one morning after practice I unlocked the gym for him, and I ended up beating him. Of course, he was only fifteen, and I only beat him one game out of three, and I did so mainly by hitting five consecutive off-balance treys.

You win though. Thanks for at least finally giving me a clue about exactly what you're trying to criticize, other than me personally. I doubt any of the players I've mentioned are as easily offended as you apparently are, but since I don't know all of them well enough to be sure, I'll go back and remove the anecdotes too.
          facebook.com/kurt.evans.70

"I want you to play like you're loved. Play freely. Love isn't dependent on your performance. No matter how you play, you are loved. Play with that in mind."
          —Scott Nagy

Comment

I believe Matt Jones was on the mens basketball team, not the womens team. I made some grammatical errors on purpose, so you can do some editing...I know how much you enjoy it.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Elevate the tone, and return to the topic, folks.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt_Evans View Post
                Nice demonstration of regional stereotyping. The word Midwest is capitalized, by the way.

I'm confident the perception that personal praise and light humor are "bizarre" can be created by the mere application of the label. I'm also confident the contraction for "you are" is spelled you're.

That should be "different from" instead of "different than"... In my opinion, some of your own replies are different from those in other threads. Does that mean they're bizarre?

I beat Matt Jones at one-on-one. I coached him in baseball, and one morning after practice I unlocked the gym for him, and I ended up beating him. Of course, he was only fifteen, and I only beat him one game out of three, and I did so mainly by hitting five consecutive off-balance treys.

You win though. Thanks for at least finally giving me a clue about exactly what you're trying to criticize, other than me personally. I doubt any of the players I've mentioned are as easily offended as you apparently are, but since I don't know all of them well enough to be sure, I'll go back and remove the anecdotes too.
                Going after people about their spelling and grammer is really big of you. How about you take a lesson from all of us and get out of here. Our board was much better off before you showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Elevate the tone, and return to the topic, folks.
                  I think you know how to accomplish that.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    Going after people about their spelling and grammer is really big of you.
                    I wasn't trying to be big. I was trying to get "jackmd" back down to size. Nothing I said last week called for anonymous private messages attacking me personally and telling me to "SHUT UP"... And nothing I said justified "jackmd" coming after me with his pretentious comment about "the Midwest passive-aggressive personality"... Can you not understand how that remark might have motivated me to become less passive?

How about you take a lesson from all of us and get out of here.
                    Are you suggesting everyone on this board had a problem with my anecdotes about past SDSU greats? Because I can assure you that's not the case.

Our board was much better off before you showed up.
                    Do you ever look at the join dates on "your" board?
                    facebook.com/kurt.evans.70

"I want you to play like you're loved. Play freely. Love isn't dependent on your performance. No matter how you play, you are loved. Play with that in mind."
                    —Scott Nagy

Comment

I think it is time for this thread to end.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Yep, shut it down. I've kept coming back thinking someone will get it on topic, but no one has. Filbert, please drop the hammer.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This thread has had smoke coming out of it for a while and has now crashed and burned. I'm locking it. JackJD

Comment

Working...
                          X