GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ WIU Leathernecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ WIU Leathernecks

This will be the final game of the WBB conference season. The Jackrabbits will know by the tip if it is a must win game in order to secure the #2 seed. The Leathernecks will be a #5 seed win or lose. The Leathernecks had a whoopin' from the Yotes on Thursday as the Yotes sealed the #1 seed. It seems likely that the Jackrabbits will want to avoid a 3 game losing streak going into the SLT regardless of the early game results.. Ober needs to find a game that the refs do not focus on her every move and stay out of foul trouble. Ober needs to play long enough to put some points on the scoreboard and fewer fouls. There is not a Leatherneck post presence like has been on the floor the past 2 games. Ober should be due to match the game Thompson has been bringing. Jackrabbits should take care of business and finish with a win. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ WIU Leathernecks

Leathernecks beat NDSU on Thursday night with all five starters playing over 30 minutes. Yotes beat IPFW.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      This will be the final game of the WBB conference season. The Jackrabbits will know by the tip if it is a must win game in order to secure the #2 seed.
      No they won't. USD & IUPUI don't tip off until 6:00pm CT...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
        Leathernecks beat NDSU on Thursday night with all five starters playing over 30 minutes. Yotes beat IPFW.
        Even though I saw that score, I still had the mental block thinking yotes and Jackrabbits played the same teams this week. Thanks for the wake up call.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          No they won't. USD & IUPUI don't tip off until 6:00pm CT...
          The Summit site has it incorrect.
          http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...jbnf5x3iow66m4
          http://www.goyotes.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball corrected

Comment

Half: SDSU 36, WIU 30.

Comment

End of 3: SDSU 50, WIU 47.

Nothing easy for this team it seems.

Ober with 15 and 10, Miller with 12 points, Guebert with 10.

Kerri Young has really been struggling lately. She's 1-7 FG with 2 points.

Comment

Jacks lead 63-62 with 1:03 left.

Jacks are 4-20 from deep.

Comment

WIU drills another 3.

WIU leads 65-64 with :25 left.

Comment

Thompson with a jumper.

Jacks lead 66-65, :13 left.

Comment

Final: SDSU 66, WIU 65.

Jacks edge out a win. They clinch the #2 seed.

Comment

It's a good thing there is a week off before the tourney. The current state of the Jacks reminds me of an otherwise-solid second baseman who suddenly has a mental hurdle about throwing over to first base. Something has to change in the next 8 days or they are probably going to be watching the finals on TV.

Comment

I was actually kind of pleased we had the composure to pull this one out,after leading for the majority of the game and them taking the lead with 24 seconds remaining in the game.Huge bucket by Ellie,no hesitation at all,great confidence in herself to get us the lead back.Also ,thought it was really smart to foul when we had excess fouls to give which whittled the clock down from 12 seconds to six seconds.

If we could only learn how to use the glass instead of just throwing it anywhere off the glass,lots of times too hard, and expecting it to go in,...is this a lack of focus,or hurrying the shot too much,or both. If we could do that,we wouldn't be leaving about 10+ points on the court and not on the scorers sheet every game. We have to become better at making the ,supposedly ,easy shots. Not making them recently has turned out to be a big contributer to the struggles we've been having lately , offensively.

We can clean up the basics,the little things that you can control, and master them.The little things often make huge impacts in the game,and they don't get the recognition they deserve when done right,but draw much criticism when they aren't done right.I keep thinking of coach Wooden and his UCLA Bruins teams,and how fundamentally sound they all were,this is a common characteristic with any of the great teams,Championship teams ,maybe....UConn as a current example.

We did what we had to do,secure the number two seed,mission accomplished. Now we have a whole week to get really focused in and for the team committing to becoming the best team in the SLT in Sioux Falls. I'm hoping they'll really get hungry for another SLT Championship,and really fight hard for it,giving it their best shot.That's what I'll be expecting and no doubt will see from this team,they are all such great fighters.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-28-2016, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Meanwhile IUPUI holds Seekamp to 4/10 shooting and Hemiller to 0/10 and loses by 11. The main reason, 33 bench points by USD. Unfortunately it really looks like USD is top dog by a fair margin in the league while we and IUPUI are 2a and 2b.

Comment

I went to the game in Vermillion last weekend, and although it ended being a close score, it was clear to me that USD was the better team. I am having a hard time envisioning a Jacks victory over the Yotes. It will be a grind against IUPUI on Monday as well.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X