GDT: SDSU vs Bowling Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs Bowling Green

It's great that the Jacks have two seniors to bring off the bench that can provide spark. One more basket in Green Bay would have made this a really good and memorable preconference season.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Sydney Palmer not getting any minutes???
      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Palmer has been in numerous times recently but not for long stretches. And in tight games like today, Alexander and Cornemann are the usual subs on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I don't know if this is a stat that is kept, but the 5 starters scoring a total of 5 points in the entire first half has to be some kind of record.
          The record is three points scored total for the entire team for the first half,accomplished twice ,once by Savannah St and the other time by Tennessee ST.We avoided joining these two luckily by scoring 4 pts in our afore mentioned game against Cincinnati in a Thanksgiving holiday Tournament in the Carribean or somewhere like Cancun,don't know that specific.

Link:http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_bask...RB/2016/D1.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            We avoided joining these two luckily by scoring 4 pts in our afore mentioned game against Cincinnati in a Thanksgiving holiday Tournament in the Carribean or somewhere like Cancun,don't know that specific.
            We were there and it was the worst half of Jacks women's BB ever endured. BTW, with discussion of what happened with our loss (narrow) to Green Bay, Jacks went from 62nd in RPI to 53rd, while Green Bay went to 11th from 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              How many did we score in that bahamas game or what ever it was. That was epic. One of those games that most tried to forget about.
              Looked it up....Link:http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...&Q_SEASON=2011

Was against Cincinnati in the Cancun Challenge during the 2011-2012 season.Link: http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/w-b....html#GAME.BOX
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-21-2015, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Gabby played 28 minutes and scored 13 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks, & 3 assists. I think she did an outstanding job in her role tonight. Does starting the game make a big difference to her... probably not. That might be why she is expected to be a leader of this team. 10-3 going into the Summit is OK. The rest of the season after Christmas.
                True, but then she hasn't routinely been getting 28 minutes. On average she is playing 22 minutes while Guebert has been getting 28 minutes. Having been to every home game and having seen almost every road game I can say Gabby has looked much better than Maddy. I'm not saying Maddy won't be a great player, but right now I think she would be better served coming off the bench. Maybe that would take some of the load off her shoulders and allow her to play a little more relaxed. Also with the way we are STRUGGLING to score in the half court, getting an up tempo helps us out. Gabby has been getting in passing lanes to create turnovers that are leading to points in transition. She just has a great defensive basketball IQ.

I guess I'm of the opinion that it's more important to me that the better players play the most minutes rather than who starts, but that isn't happening right now in this instance (this game aside). Hopefully she can play more guard with the start of the conference season and hopefully Flaata and Palmer can provide the depth at the 4 spot now that the level of competition will drop.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  True, but then she hasn't routinely been getting 28 minutes. On average she is playing 22 minutes while Guebert has been getting 28 minutes. Having been to every home game and having seen almost every road game I can say Gabby has looked much better than Maddy. I'm not saying Maddy won't be a great player, but right now I think she would be better served coming off the bench. Maybe that would take some of the load off her shoulders and allow her to play a little more relaxed. Also with the way we are STRUGGLING to score in the half court, getting an up tempo helps us out. Gabby has been getting in passing lanes to create turnovers that are leading to points in transition. She just has a great defensive basketball IQ.

I guess I'm of the opinion that it's more important to me that the better players play the most minutes rather than who starts, but that isn't happening right now in this instance (this game aside). Hopefully she can play more guard with the start of the conference season and hopefully Flaata and Palmer can provide the depth at the 4 spot now that the level of competition will drop.
                  There is some recent history here in bringing freshman scorers off the bench. Both Jill and Kerri Young spent their first season coming off the bench and if I remember correctly were both named Summit 6th person of the year.

Comment

went to the game last night in BG. Nice arena but yea even on the scoreboard the camera angles were weird. reversed like looking in a mirror. luckily didnt have to listen to the radio guy or tv guys. the pa announcer actually called us San Diego State but corrected it half way through when he said it, shooting awful on both sides especially the Jacks. had a girls high school coach behind me commenting that the Jacks couldnt get it inside so they just shot threes. Gabby was awesome and would have had more steals if they would have controlled the ball. Chloe once again hit some big threes when needed. Guibert was not having a good game, she missed some passes when she should have passed leading to turn overs and had AJ really frustrated, he immediately sat her after one mistake, she did redeem herself hitting a big three after one mistake. the full court press was awesome to start the second half leading to BG not scoring for at least six minutes in the third. with the Jacks depth they should do that more. all in all a good night with the kids although i dont think it was dollar ticket night because i paid full price. it was dollar soda hotdog and popcorn night. couldnt believe they wanted $3.50 for a water. also if you've never been on the turnpike system. eat before you get on it, and get gas before the indiana toll road. they jack up the food prices at the rest areas. what you pay $5 at burger king any where else cost $9. Indiana charges more for gas.

Comment

I don't know if this is a stat that is kept, but the 5 starters scoring a total of 5 points in the entire first half has to be some kind of record.
                      Jackdaniel found it. we had 4 points in the first half of a game against cinny.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

There is some recent history here in bringing freshman scorers off the bench. Both Jill and Kerri Young spent their first season coming off the bench and if I remember correctly were both named Summit 6th person of the year.
                        Add Kristin Rotert,she got the award the year before Jill got her 6th person of the year award.I remember because it was two years in a row the Jacks claimed that award with our freshmen.

Katie Lingle in 12-13 also ....Link: http://www.thesummitleague.org/Recor...Basketball.pdf...(page 2)

Looking at this myself,we've only had one POY, Warkenthien, no defensive players of the year, (4) sixth person of the year (our best category evidently), no newcomer of the year awards.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-23-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Man, hats off to coach Roos from BGSU. Very complimentary about our program. Called us a top 25 team and basically guaranteed we would win a first round NCAA game... I'm going on record saying she's the smartest opposing head coached we've faced!! ��

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                            Man, hats off to coach Roos from BGSU. Very complimentary about our program. Called us a top 25 team and basically guaranteed we would win a first round NCAA game... I'm going on record saying she's the smartest opposing head coached we've faced!! 😀
                            I never seen this,thanks for finding it.This is a coach who isn't afraid to go out on a limb and state what she believes.My admiration and respect to her for her flattering appraisal of our Jacks.The link

Comment

post game story and videos

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/news/2015...221151656.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                I never seen this,thanks for finding it.This is a coach who isn't afraid to go out on a limb and state what she believes.My admiration and respect to her for her flattering appraisal of our Jacks.The link
                                The press seemed a bit disappointed of the coach and BG team losing to South Dakota State. She seemed to need to remind them the Jackrabbits were not a DII type of team.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X