Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs Bowling Green

Early start tonight. 6:00.

The margin for error has been narrowed. If there is any hope for some of the things we've mentioned here lately (top-25 votes, at-large bid, an NCAA seed better lower than 12) this is one the team has to go on the road and win at Bowling Green. Losing tonight immediately closes all of those doors for good, in my opinion.

BG is 4-4 with no eye-catching wins. They were crushed by 20+ in their last two games (UVA and Cleveland) and have an RPI of 263. This is a team similar to those in the middle/lower tier of the Summit.

It would be nice to see Guebert put up 12+ points again tonight. She's a key to taking this team up a notch offensively. AJ clearly likes what she does defensively and wants to give her a lot of minutes (see Argus today). If her shots start to fall consistently the Jacks are going to be a nightmare to defend for the Summit teams.

On an unrelated note, I see that DePaul went on the road and beat #12 Northwestern after leaving Frost. They seem to have real staying-power, unlike some of the other ranked teams we have beaten in the past. That win could really pay off if the Jacks take care of business from now until March.

Re: GDT: SDSU vs Bowling Green

At the start of the season,everyone was saying how marvelous a 10-3 OOC record would be,even 9-4 was mentioned,no one mentioning 11-2.Guess our expectations grew right along with the wins we were piling up.Win today and we finish 10-3,the record everyone at the start of the season thought would be fantastic.Just a reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

The margin for error has been narrowed. If there is any hope for some of the things we've mentioned here lately (top-25 votes, at-large bid, an NCAA seed better lower than 12) this is one the team has to go on the road and win at Bowling Green. Losing tonight immediately closes all of those doors for good, in my opinion.

BG is 4-4 with no eye-catching wins. They were crushed by 20+ in their last two games (UVA and Cleveland) and have an RPI of 263. This is a team similar to those in the middle/lower tier of the Summit.

It would be nice to see Guebert put up 12+ points again tonight. She's a key to taking this team up a notch offensively. AJ clearly likes what she does defensively and wants to give her a lot of minutes (see Argus today). If her shots start to fall consistently the Jacks are going to be a nightmare to defend for the Summit teams.

On an unrelated note, I see that DePaul went on the road and beat #12 Northwestern after leaving Frost. They seem to have real staying-power, unlike some of the other ranked teams we have beaten in the past. That win could really pay off if the Jacks take care of business from now until March.
      Ober needs to bounce back after an 0 fer game against Green Bay. It looks like BG's top scorer and rebounder is a 6'4 fifth year senior post, so she will have her work cut out for her. No such thing as a must win game at this point of the season, but agree that this needs to be a win as you don't want to go into conference play on a losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I think the narrow loss to UWGB means every game in the Summit is vitally important now,maybe one road loss,two at the most,and none to anyone but the top 4 teams in the Summit standings,excluding us.Doing that will be tiring and a huge mental drain as the season progresses,but our players seem to be able to handle that pressure OK.

BTW,I've re-evaluated the Summit and I think a few of the Summit teams are pretty, to very, good.It won't be easy winning against them on their home court,but we can do it.It might be a very taxing conference season coming up,just because we might have higher expectations of this team because of how well they've shown how they can play.It'll be a long,grind it out haul,some games the players will have to reach deep and persevere ,no matter how tired,i'm sure they'll give each game their best.

Jacks are the team to beat in the Summit,that's the target on your back winning brings and a burden they must bear.Every team in the Summit will play their hardest to beat the Jacks,there's no doubt in my mind of that.We must be prepared for a long,grueling conference season ahead.It will have fun times too,will enjoy watching as the story line unfolds.

.ps....win today first!!
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-21-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Bowling Green recently lost one of the starting seniors as she left the team after 6 games due to personal reasons. That still leaves the 6'4" redshirt senior who appears to be the leader of this team. The Falcons appear to have a turnover problem as they average 18 per game. Overall, they have rebounded more than their opponents with the big gal averaging 7.6 per game and also she has 11 blocks over 8 games to lead the Falcons in that department as well. The Falcons have 3 wins and no losses at home thus far. The 3 victories are over MVC Bradley, Evansville, and Illinois St. The average score for the Falcons is about 59 points. The Jackrabbit defense ought to keep this group closer to 50. Hopefully the $1 night admission can bring a crowd to Bowling Green, Ohio to see the Jackrabbits recover from the loss to Green Bay. Go Jacks!!
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Bowling Green recently lost one of the starting seniors as she left the team after 6 games due to personal reasons. That still leaves the 6'4" redshirt senior who appears to be the leader of this team. The Falcons appear to have a turnover problem as they average 18 per game. Overall, they have rebounded more than their opponents with the big gal averaging 7.6 per game and also she has 11 blocks over 8 games to lead the Falcons in that department as well. The Falcons have 3 wins and no losses at home thus far. The 3 victories are over MVC Bradley, Evansville, and Illinois St. The average score for the Falcons is about 59 points. The Jackrabbit defense ought to keep this group closer to 50. Hopefully the $1 night admission can bring a crowd to Bowling Green, Ohio to see the Jackrabbits recover from the loss to Green Bay. Go Jacks!!
            Interesting that Gabby and Chloe have already faced Tibbs while she was playing for Marquette in the 2012-2013 season I believe. Old timers......lol.

Comment

Couldn't have played any worse. About 4 or 5 air balls and just really sloppy. Lucky to be down by 1.

BG leads 11-10 at the end of the 1st.

Comment

Painful to watch,must have to work the bus diesel fumes off a little more. Unless we snap outta this, this is going down to the wire, could easily lose.

Gotta mention the good in the good,the bad,ugly...we are killing them on offensive rebounds,but we are missing the 2nd chance shots too,that's contributing to the poor shooting percentage.Without rebounding,and them shooting poorly too, we would really have been in trouble

Comment

These camera angles could definitely get better

Comment

Hey TV production crew, enough with the weird camera angles and zoomed in views.

*jacked up rabbit beat me to it.

Comment

Must have a rent-a-jockey on the play by play call. He just said Jacks basketball is brought to you by Ag PHD, but he read it as if it was entirely an acronym. AGPHD........not Ag (Agriculture) PHD

Comment

An UGLY game by BOTH teams!!!
                        When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Score? Am sitting here waiting for my Daughters Xmas concert...lol thanks

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Comment

20-19 at the half,jacks lead

Comment

Half: SDSU 20, BGSU 19.

Boever with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals

Comment

Working...
                              X