Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs Bowling Green

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
    Has Flaata been injured? is that the reason she has not been playing?
    Yes..
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Not a jackrabbit game unless you see everyone winded at the FT line,the pace has quickened up considerably this half,good thing we have a deep bench 40-27 jacks

Comment

Love the way Boever is playing, but needs to make those bunnies!

Comment

Great coaching move to pick up the pressure to get some energy. Keep it up in the 4th and bring home the W.

Comment

we should schedule more lay up practice,...seriously

Comment

10-3 is not bad for OOC.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Final: SDSU 58, BGSU 45.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  10-3 is not bad for OOC.
                  What I'm pleased with the most is how we've competed. There hasn't been one game where we got our clocks cleaned. I'd guess that's the first time we've done that since 08-09. Let's dominated the Summit make some noise in the NCAA's.

Comment

Played tough on defense till the very last...this team works hard on defense, got to respect that,and worked the boards hard too.They earned this victory,no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      I am not sure we are as bad a shooting team as we are showing tonight. I do agree about Gabby starting. Maybe Maddison Goebert would feel a little more comfortable coming off the bench.
                      Second half nearly ready to start so here is hoping we play better. Need a win no matter how ugly after that loss at Green Bay.

Merry Christmas Jack fans.

GBGBGJ
                      I agree with your thought about Gabby starting - the only problem with that is she is currently the back-up at the 4 spot. It's not ideal to be playing her there, but there aren't many alternatives at this point. Maybe if Flaata can stay healthy, she can help there. Mieras just doesn't seem ready to play at this level yet.

Comment

AJ really stressed scoring in transition in the postman game interview. Wants them to push the ball more and attack before the defense can set up. Said that's the main thing he wants to see improved over the break - play faster. He was definitely disappointed by the first half shooting.

10-3 OOC. I would have thought that was pretty unlikely a couple of months ago. We're still in position to make this season something that stands out. I'm expecting at least a couple bumps in the road based in the way we seem to play (almost exactly) to the level of the competition we face.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          We are just not a good shooting team. We clank way to many WIDE open 3's and bunnies. When we are on (see DePaul) we are very dangerous, but otherwise we are going to have to grind out wins. Boever should be starting and getting much more playing time than Goebert. Frustrating to watch, and these announcers are brutal to listen to.
                          I don't know if this is a stat that is kept, but the 5 starters scoring a total of 5 points in the entire first half has to be some kind of record.

Comment

Gabby played 28 minutes and scored 13 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks, & 3 assists. I think she did an outstanding job in her role tonight. Does starting the game make a big difference to her... probably not. That might be why she is expected to be a leader of this team. 10-3 going into the Summit is OK. The rest of the season after Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I don't know if this is a stat that is kept, but the 5 starters scoring a total of 5 points in the entire first half has to be some kind of record.
                              How many did we score in that bahamas game or what ever it was. That was epic. One of those games that most tried to forget about.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

AJ praised the two seniors for stepping up their game, but also mildly rebuked his starters for their performance. Jacks are deep, very deep! And will run most other teams, especially in Summit league into ground by 4th qtr, then platoon in 5 subs at a time.

Great OOC result. Now enjoy Christmas, then revenge DU & NDSU road losses to start Summit play.

Comment

Working...
                                X