SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

Hard to tell for sure from just listening , but it sure sounded like the perimeter defense was horrible. Jacks were up by 6 when AJ brought in the backup guards and Denver hit about 3 unanswered threes in a row and all of a sudden it was a 16-0 run.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      As deep as we are, this should've been a 20 pt win. This is a terrible Denver team. If you are a championship caliber club, you take care of business in a game like this. Bad, bad loss.
      Perhaps we are not that deep.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Hard to tell for sure from just listening , but it sure sounded like the perimeter defense was horrible. Jacks were up by 6 when AJ brought in the backup guards and Denver hit about 3 unanswered threes in a row and all of a sudden it was a 16-0 run.
        Did they really give up a 16-0 run? That's one to research the last time that happened. My guess at the bahama tourny a number of years ago we got blown out in the first half. That just doesn't happen much.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Did they really give up a 16-0 run? That's one to research the last time that happened. My guess at the bahama tourny a number of years ago we got blown out in the first half. That just doesn't happen much.
          Marist had a 19-2 run early this season.

Comment

Guhh. Cringeworthy loss, even if we were down 3 starters. How was our ft shooting?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              As deep as we are, this should've been a 20 pt win. This is a terrible Denver team. If you are a championship caliber club, you take care of business in a game like this. Bad, bad loss.
              I'm at a loss to explain it. You have to play hard every minute of every game and this years team just doesn't get that. The blame has to go to the coaching staff for failing to impress upon these players the importance of intensity for every game. That or maybe the players aren't as good as we thought and they thought they were. Onward and upward......I hope.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Marist had a 19-2 run early this season.
                No kidding? I am probably more blown away that it was denver maybe.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We beat this same Denver team by 41 points five weeks ago. FORTY. ONE.

Yikes.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Can't give a team confidence and let them think they can beat you, because they will. Maybe that's what happened today. That and we couldn't shoot.

Comment

Another scary shooting stat - if you take Miller,Young and Clarin out of the mix, the rest of the team went 4 for 29.

Comment

I think maybe there is a bigger drop off between our top players and our reserves than most people realize. At full strength AJ is able to mix and match our reserves with our starters and sort of hide them. Without a couple key cogs he is unable to do that. If Megan can't go against ORU, I'm afraid the outcome might not be good for us.

On to ORU and a bounce back I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Guhh. Cringeworthy loss, even if we were down 3 starters. How was our ft shooting?
                          Ok. Looked it up...we hit our FT's. (13-15).

Some pretty bad looking stat lines, shooting wise did us in.

Now I get it....we must've been putting a little too much on the ball and it was floating a little bit, you know, up in the thin mile high air and all.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The bench has not been that productive point wise all season. 3 pts off the bench last nite. losing starters this year affects the team more than in the past.
                            bench scoring ave for season so far conf. games. thompson -6.5 ober- 5.0 walters-4.2 alexander-1.8 cornermann-1.9

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              It will be interesting if Thompson comes out with the same aggressiveness in her 1st career road start. She played one of her best games in her start against IPFW.

Probable starting lineup:

Miller
                              Young
                              Walters
                              Thompson
                              Clarin

I don't think SDSU needs MW to win this game. Denver is struggling as of late and are only averaging 56 points their last 3 games. I'm guessing MW will dress but will only play if its necessary (which I don't think it will be).
                              A court leader does more than score or defend. Missing MW is missing the court leader who keeps people calm in tense situations - keeps everyone defending as a team and encouraging everyone to give more. You don't see MW yelling out there but she is the leader of this team and you could see the difference in her not being on the court. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
                                A court leader does more than score or defend. Missing MW is missing the court leader who keeps people calm in tense situations - keeps everyone defending as a team and encouraging everyone to give more. You don't see MW yelling out there but she is the leader of this team and you could see the difference in her not being on the court. Just my opinion.
                                I think this holds water. We lost Gabby who also filled this role. This difference is we haven't had her all year. The team has adjusted to her absence. That being said, I don't think we should have lost to Denver without Megan. Almost a 50 point turnaround from the result in Frost.

It'll be interesting to see how USD plays without their court general.

Comment

Working...
                                X