Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbits @ USD 1/17/15 the early game

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
    Sandakota, umm not sure if its ignorance or the inability to read, but you are putting words in my mouth pal. Thanks for both the history lesson as well as the brush up on current events. I know its blasphemy to come on this board and suggest the might rabbits could suffer a 2nd consecutive championshipless season, but may I politely remind you the Coyotes of USD dismantled AJ's dominant team last year when it mattered most. Since im doing such a good job of trolling you apparently, I may as well do it on purpose this time... the fact that you are going to say a college women's basketball recruiting class is straight up better plain and simple before theyve even played a college game or won a conference tourney is both comical and mind blowing. when have you ever heard bad things about a recruiting class..everyone else, thanks for sharing your more level headed thoughts..*Golfingyote drops the mic*
    Not calling you a troll, your entitled to your own opinion ,but, an interesting side note, when USD went to the NCAA's, who'd they draw but Stanford, a team we played during the OOC schedule that year, both USD and SDSU lost by the exact same margin to Stanford,19 pts. I found that inconclusive evidence as to defining who was the better team and that it did nothing to undermine the notion that it wasn't just one bad game for the Jacks in the Summit Tournament.Might be a trivial point ,but interesting none the less.

Comment

Just a question, but why is SDSU already proclaimed the favorite or team to beat in the SL tourney? if you have not realized by now that the usd women are not a one hit wonder, you may want to re-evaluate. barring a big upset, it will be a State-U title game in the SL tourney. if there arent any major injuries before then, it will be 2 pretty evenly matched teams IMO.
      You are certainly entitled to your opinion (and I wouldn't expect it be any different than you have posted), but be a little careful on some of your observations. USD did the job when it counted, and that is history. But so are the two regular season games that USD lost to the Jacks (including one rather soundly). That certainly set the conference tourney up as a trap game for the Jacks, and USD did the job and gets the credit. As far as judging the one game the two have played so far, not having Waytashek on hand doesn't matter, but looking at the end score and the home court advantage, the two teams on the floor were pretty even. If the Yotes come up to Brookings, and either Contreras or Seekamp are home sick, and our starting five includes our leading scorer and all-conference player, I think it would not be close.

All of which is conjecture, and other than having something to do, all of the chatter is actually irrelevant, as we all know, including this post. The games are still ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
        Here is a good article from ESPN-W about Madison Guebert http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commen...ter-sour-taste But the article does raise one question as it states she is interested in studying elementary education, which unless things have changed is not a major at SDSU.
        SDSU has early childhood education which can be used to cover parts of elementary grades, just not all of them. i think k-3?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would feel left out if I did not push my 2 cents worth. If we take into consideration that 2 seniors are sitting on the bench with injuries, this team needs to develop players. Megan and Gabby would have been strong contributors to the recipe this year. Each has her own talents that is not available. There have been some tough losses that may been avoided if their service was on the floor. The Jackrabbits have not always been the #1 seed.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            I would feel left out if I did not push my 2 cents worth. If we take into consideration that 2 seniors are sitting on the bench with injuries, this team needs to develop players. Megan and Gabby would have been strong contributors to the recipe this year. Each has her own talents that is not available. There have been some tough losses that may been avoided if their service was on the floor. The Jackrabbits have not always been the #1 seed.
            Megan was buried on the bench long before her injury...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

SDSU students can now complete the whole Early Childhood Education degree with full Elementary Education certification (K-5) right in Brookings. It is a coop program with NSU/DSU. It typically spreads the degree out another semester or two, as basically they are getting two degrees, but that typically wouldn't cause issues for an athlete that may be redshirting an extra year anyway. In the past, students could do it, but it meant either classes in Madison or online. Now those courses are offered in Brookings.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Megan was buried on the bench long before her injury...
                She was not getting lots of minutes. She was still contributing. She was finding a few more minutes prior to injury. 15-20 minutes per game potential-probably not. Chloe has been inactive until lately as well and she has contributed with those minutes in recent games..
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Kind of off subject, but just watched the player post game interviews ,and I think Clarin nailed it about losing the close games ,she said something to the effect that they are being "tough and energetic, more intense on defense in practice and the games, it's just that at crucial times during the game they make errors in judgment, mental mistakes, or just mistakes generally", and she thinks that's what's costing us the games. She said they're correctable and they will work hard to be more aware and alert to what needs to be done during the game to ensure the victory.

I've noticed that a lot of times our defense looks a lot tougher than the oppositions defense has, but one person gets a little bit lax and the whole defense fails because the offense of our opponent is patient and finds the weak spot before the clock expires. That's not lack of effort or toughness, it's lack of 5 people working together and being strong together for 30 sec .No matter how tough 4 people are on defense, they're never going to be tough enough until that 5th person gets tough too.That's what team sports are about,your only as strong as your weakest link.Being strong together as a unit is what's needed.

I'm getting to the point where I'm beginning to dread hearing "we weren't tough enough" after every loss because it begs the question "when are you going to get tough enough then?". I think they are tough enough, only not all at the same time and for the full 30 sec or less. These players work hard, they just have to get smarter, and learn to trust one another to find ways to score,to be strong together on defense and to not be the "weak link".
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-21-2015, 02:05 AM. Reason: insomnia...shot clock time wrong

Comment

Just a question, but why is SDSU already proclaimed the favorite or team to beat in the SL tourney? if you have not realized by now that the usd women are not a one hit wonder, you may want to re-evaluate. barring a big upset, it will be a State-U title game in the SL tourney. if there arent any major injuries before then, it will be 2 pretty evenly matched teams IMO.
                    You raise a good point, but the reason we were voted the preseason favorite is that while USD won the tournament, you did it as a #4 seed coming off a 7-7 league record while we were the #1 seed coming off a 13-1 league record (including 19 and 11 point victories over USD). Granted we did graduate some serious contributors, we tend to reload year after year and I'm sure that was given heavy consideration in voting.

Hats off to USD for a win. In our past couple of losses I felt like we played like garbage on the road. At least in this game I felt overall we played well, so the loss doesn't sting quite as bad (although a loss to a rival sucks). I just wish Clarin would learn a post move or two and we would make frickin lay ups...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      You raise a good point, but the reason we were voted the preseason favorite is that while USD won the tournament, you did it as a #4 seed coming off a 7-7 league record while we were the #1 seed coming off a 13-1 league record (including 19 and 11 point victories over USD). Granted we did graduate some serious contributors, we tend to reload year after year and I'm sure that was given heavy consideration in voting.

Hats off to USD for a win. In our past couple of losses I felt like we played like garbage on the road. At least in this game I felt overall we played well, so the loss doesn't sting quite as bad (although a loss to a rival sucks). I just wish Clarin would learn a post move or two and we would make frickin lay ups...
                      Clarin is more of a power forward type player than a back to the basket post like Ober, Thompson , and Stuart,and next year Mieras. She does have a nice short jumper though.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

at this point in the season, i don't see why the jacks should be donned the "favorite". just the way things are going so far.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                          at this point in the season, i don't see why the jacks should be donned the "favorite". just the way things are going so far.
                          I'll happily put the "favorite" yoke on the Yotes' necks for a while; see how they run with it.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            I'll happily put the "favorite" yoke on the Yotes' necks for a while; see how they run with it.
                            Sometimes that favorite yoke makes you play like you're running in quicksand.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                              Sometimes that favorite yoke makes you play like you're running in quicksand.
                              The yokes on the yotes then....??

Comment

Working...
                              X