Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Middle Tennessee State

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I really don't get what some of you are complaining about. We won the game did we not? We fought back from being down as much as 14 pts, and we never folded the cards, I think we played a pretty decent game. The MTSU post had her way underneath the basket but other than that we matched up pretty close. MTSU has always played pressure defense and got some neat steals, but we over came that and other things down the stretch. I think we played pretty good.
    I thought at first also that we shouldn't have won the game. But, at the midpoint of the 2nd half it was 48-38 according to game notes. Then we outscored Mid Tenn St.--- 27 to 13. Their coach probably told his team the same thing----we didn't deserve to win getting outscored that that at crunch time!!! So, it works both ways. I don't think the women's team has play-by-play like the men's team----maybe they do and I haven't seen it. Be interesting to see all the stats on both sides the last 10 min.

Comment

PLAY-BY-PLAY for game

Comment

Some big stats that stand out:

Free Throws:
        MT- 8-10
        SDSU- 25-29

Were the Jacks that more aggressive?

Fouls:
        MT- 24
        SDSU- 15

Rebounding:
        MT- 33
        SDSU- 36

"We just gave this game away," Middle Tennessee Head Coach Rick Insell said. "We didn't continue to execute until the very end. I have not been disappointed in my team all season, but I am disappointed tonight."

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          Some big stats that stand out:

Free Throws:
          MT- 8-10
          SDSU- 25-29

Were the Jacks that more aggressive?

Fouls:
          MT- 24
          SDSU- 15

Rebounding:
          MT- 33
          SDSU- 36

"We just gave this game away," Middle Tennessee Head Coach Rick Insell said. "We didn't continue to execute until the very end. I have not been disappointed in my team all season, but I am disappointed tonight."
          When you play defense like MT did, I would think you would commit at least 9 more fouls.

Comment

As I was listening, not watching, the play by play commentary, it was mentioned how the MTSU players were openly questioning a lot of calls, I don't blame them for they were not used to the way Summit ref's make calls, like we are. I think it might have hurt their cause rather than helped. Ref's don't like to be questioned on every call, especially by players, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              As I was listening, not watching, the play by play commentary, it was mentioned how the MTSU players were openly questioning a lot of calls, I don't blame them for they were not used to the way Summit ref's make calls, like we are. I think it might have hurt their cause rather than helped. Ref's don't like to be questioned on every call, especially by players, I think.
              Seems like a reasonable way to get a technical foul.

Comment

The MTSU played a tough defensive game. Several Jackrabbits turnovers were a slap at the ball that was being held and the steal was done. Macy even had a clean handoff to MTSU in the first half during the half court offense. It may have been much like the DePaul game of intense defense. The MTSU women also were all very physical. Our women looked like they needed a better lunch program. The MTSU players were like their coach and tried to raise doubt about the fouls. The rotation by the Jackrabbits may have been one of the keys to the win as the key Blue Raiders players were looking more tired the second half. Free throws may have cost the Green Bay game, but the great free throw shooting won this game. Waytashek was driving the lane for most of her free throws. The Jackrabbit defense was more effective the second half either by effort or MTSU tiring. There was nothing wrong with Parker picking up 2 quick fouls within 4 minutes of the second half either. She was their best athlete even though Jones was the good shooter.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

MTSU fouled non-stop the first half and had to count on at least 4 prayers that went in at the end of the shot clock. Those things caught up with them in the second half.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    The MTSU played a tough defensive game. Several Jackrabbits turnovers were a slap at the ball that was being held and the steal was done. Macy even had a clean handoff to MTSU in the first half during the half court offense. It may have been much like the DePaul game of intense defense. The MTSU women also were all very physical. Our women looked like they needed a better lunch program. The MTSU players were like their coach and tried to raise doubt about the fouls. The rotation by the Jackrabbits may have been one of the keys to the win as the key Blue Raiders players were looking more tired the second half. Free throws may have cost the Green Bay game, but the great free throw shooting won this game. Waytashek was driving the lane for most of her free throws. The Jackrabbit defense was more effective the second half either by effort or MTSU tiring. There was nothing wrong with Parker picking up 2 quick fouls within 4 minutes of the second half either. She was their best athlete even though Jones was the good shooter.

agree. jacks need to take care of the ball better. too often, just some horrific ball handling---passing and showing the ball. very good team, but you can't keep digging yourself a hole. noticed aj sit way back in chair.

Comment

• Re: Middle Tennessee State

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I thought Clarin provided the spark that was missing and brought some emotion into the game. She took a couple of shots to the head and got right back up ready to go.
                      Wait, was this a basketball game or a boxing match?

Comment

I think that game could be classified as the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good: You have to give the ladies tremendous credit for playing a great last ten minutes of the game. They shot it well in the second half and reversed the rebound margin and ended the game plus 3. Kerri Young was fantastic last night. She was great shooting, in transition, and being aggressive offensively. Waytashek was also excellent. MTSU was very physical and she took a lot of shots and kept coming back with more and more intensity. Also, loved the way they went after #11 to get her in foul trouble. She was a great player and that was a HUGE factor in us being able to come back. She not only was a dominant defensive presence but she keyed their offense by either shooting or passing to open perimeter players. She was very impressive.

The bad: For 30 minutes the Jacks got out hustled, outrebounded, and outshot. Our offense was very predictable with passing around the perimeter. It certainly wasn't what we were used to seeing from this team.

The ugly: Turnovers were crazy. Not just the number but the type of turnovers. Giving the ball away under the basket, extremely dangerous passes, and just letting them grab it out of their hands. It was shocking.

Not very many times that you can have the good, bad, and ugly in a game and get the W! A gritty finish for sure. MTSU's coach had to want to vomit after losing.

This team is going to be flat out scary when they get really rolling. They need to dominate the conference as mentioned by someone above.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Wait, was this a basketball game or a boxing match?
                          It may have been more of the mixed martial art.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            I think that game could be classified as the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good: You have to give the ladies tremendous credit for playing a great last ten minutes of the game. They shot it well in the second half and reversed the rebound margin and ended the game plus 3. Kerri Young was fantastic last night. She was great shooting, in transition, and being aggressive offensively. Waytashek was also excellent. MTSU was very physical and she took a lot of shots and kept coming back with more and more intensity. Also, loved the way they went after #11 to get her in foul trouble. She was a great player and that was a HUGE factor in us being able to come back. She not only was a dominant defensive presence but she keyed their offense by either shooting or passing to open perimeter players. She was very impressive.

The bad: For 30 minutes the Jacks got out hustled, outrebounded, and outshot. Our offense was very predictable with passing around the perimeter. It certainly wasn't what we were used to seeing from this team.

The ugly: Turnovers were crazy. Not just the number but the type of turnovers. Giving the ball away under the basket, extremely dangerous passes, and just letting them grab it out of their hands. It was shocking.

Not very many times that you can have the good, bad, and ugly in a game and get the W! A gritty finish for sure. MTSU's coach had to want to vomit after losing.

This team is going to be flat out scary when they get really rolling. They need to dominate the conference as mentioned by someone above.

SUPERBUNNY
                            Tara Heiser was good at this( above in bold) her senior year. This group might learn quicker than that if we get enough of these types of games.

Comment

You can bet some ofthe Jacks are sporting bruises today. Waytashek took a good elbow to the jaw that she was rubbing through a whole timeout. Clarin took some good ones under the basket. Chloe got pushed hard into the visitor bench. Good game for black ponytail ref to get her whistle ready for summit league play.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                                You can bet some ofthe Jacks are sporting bruises today. Waytashek took a good elbow to the jaw that she was rubbing through a whole timeout. Clarin took some good ones under the basket. Chloe got pushed hard into the visitor bench. Good game for black ponytail ref to get her whistle ready for summit league play.
                                I thought the lady refs did a much better job than the bald guy who looked like the game has passed him buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X