Middle Tennessee State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Middle Tennessee State

do we always use summit refs for all home games?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
      I thought the lady refs did a much better job than the bald guy who looked like the game has passed him buy.
      Agreed. I thought the lady refs were excellent. It can't be easy reffing the style that MTSU plays.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        do we always use summit refs for all home games?
        There is really no such thing as Summit League refs. Last Nights Refs:

Amy Bonner Does games in the Big 12, Big 10, Summit, MVC, SEC, as well as the WNBA.
        http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/amy-bonner/15

Katie Lukanich does games in Big 12, Big 10, Summit, MVC.
        http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/katie-lukanich/15

Greg Small does games in the Big 12, Summit, Big 10. SEC
        http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/greg-small/15

It is interesting to see officials do games all over the country with the web site http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/directory

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
          There is really no such thing as Summit League refs. Last Nights Refs:

Amy Bonner Does games in the Big 12, Big 10, Summit, MVC, SEC, as well as the WNBA.
          http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/amy-bonner/15

Katie Lukanich does games in Big 12, Big 10, Summit, MVC.
          http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/katie-lukanich/15

Greg Small does games in the Big 12, Summit, Big 10. SEC
          http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/greg-small/15

It is interesting to see officials do games all over the country with the web site http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/directory
          Here is a similar website for College Men's Referees. http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/

Comment

The links worked right away but now it wants me to sign up. Anyway, my point is that officials go all over to do games, they do not have a conference affiliate.

Comment

Interesting. Watching games on tv of other confrences seems like they are often called differently in different leagues for mens and womens.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not much worthwhile to add, but a few comments: Saying we played ugly was certainly true, but MTSU's athletic ability and (over) aggressive play had a lot to do with that. They got the fouls because they deserved them, and we won the game because we shot FT's much better than they did. While I certainly can relate to the early posts in this thread, the doom and gloom gets to me just a bit...so I don't bother to read it until the game is over. Their center is as good as we will see, I believe, but I also noted in checking their stats early in the game, that she only averages 27 minutes a game. She was in for 15+ in the first half before he sat her down, and I had noticed she was not near as effective the last two or three minutes of that period. She also wore out in the second half, which I think contributed to her foul count.

Finally, even though it was so ugly in the first half, I was really amazed that we were as close as we were to them. And even in the second half, while we bounced back and forth from 5-10 point deficits, we hung right in there. I think this was a very good game for the Jacks, and playing GB and MTSU, both of whom were rated well ahead of us on any rating source, is an indication of how good this SDSU team might be. And they are doing it without the senior point guard who I believe would have made us even tougher in this early part of the year.

Comment

Jacks RPI rises up to 58 after the win. MTSU falls to 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Not much worthwhile to add, but a few comments: Saying we played ugly was certainly true, but MTSU's athletic ability and (over) aggressive play had a lot to do with that. They got the fouls because they deserved them, and we won the game because we shot FT's much better than they did. While I certainly can relate to the early posts in this thread, the doom and gloom gets to me just a bit...so I don't bother to read it until the game is over. Their center is as good as we will see, I believe, but I also noted in checking their stats early in the game, that she only averages 27 minutes a game. She was in for 15+ in the first half before he sat her down, and I had noticed she was not near as effective the last two or three minutes of that period. She also wore out in the second half, which I think contributed to her foul count.

Finally, even though it was so ugly in the first half, I was really amazed that we were as close as we were to them. And even in the second half, while we bounced back and forth from 5-10 point deficits, we hung right in there. I think this was a very good game for the Jacks, and playing GB and MTSU, both of whom were rated well ahead of us on any rating source, is an indication of how good this SDSU team might be. And they are doing it without the senior point guard who I believe would have made us even tougher in this early part of the year.
                    Seems like we have had our problems with this team and their pressure defense. Preparing for them has to keep AJ up at nights. How many trips have they made to Brookings? Maybe 3 which is good sign of our progress as a team.

Comment

My comment on black pony tail ref was because last year she blew her whistle quite often. The other night she appeared to do a good job and did not impact the game as she had last year. I know Nancy Nieber watches refs for State so does the NCAA give a year end critique to each ref on how they did and do the refs take it heart and adjust their game.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        My comment on black pony tail ref was because last year she blew her whistle quite often. The other night she appeared to do a good job and did not impact the game as she had last year. I know Nancy Nieber watches refs for State so does the NCAA give a year end critique to each ref on how they did and do the refs take it heart and adjust their game.
                        Most of the information by Nancy on the refs includes their position on the floor in relation to the game. It may indirectly give some individual feedback on the position during the call, but it probably does not give any subjective info about the general quality of the call. It would indicate that the ref's position in relation to the infraction or call on the floor.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I find the information on the referees very interesting. Kudos to 22Jack for sharing the information.

What I find interesting is that officials like Amy Bonner are very busy. During the last 32 days she worked 27 games. Moreover, that was her 10th game in 10 nights in 10 different cities in 7 different states. I'm amazed that there is not more burnout by these officials. The level of professionalism they have under that kind of stress level is amazing. Would I like to have all games called perfectly - yes, but they are human and just like the players and coaches they will have off nights.

(Disclosure: I am a high school official and I chuckle at the verbal comments during games that often reflect on the misconceptions and some times lack of understanding of the rules of fans who see things differently. Yes, I have blown some calls.)

Comment

W/ this talk about referees, I attended a Skyforce game last night and the female referee for the game is a regular referee for SDSU women games (she worked the SDSU vs. MTSU game).
                            https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...82001339,d.aWw
                            Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 12-17-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              I find the information on the referees very interesting. Kudos to 22Jack for sharing the information.

What I find interesting is that officials like Amy Bonner are very busy. During the last 32 days she worked 27 games. Moreover, that was her 10th game in 10 nights in 10 different cities in 7 different states. I'm amazed that there is not more burnout by these officials. The level of professionalism they have under that kind of stress level is amazing. Would I like to have all games called perfectly - yes, but they are human and just like the players and coaches they will have off nights.

(Disclosure: I am a high school official and I chuckle at the verbal comments during games that often reflect on the misconceptions and some times lack of understanding of the rules of fans who see things differently. Yes, I have blown some calls.)
                              I admire you and your energy. Being a ref has to be a good way to stay in good physical condition. I would not last five minutes but would be good for me to shed some pounds. I glad you can laugh at some of the verbal comments from fans. Fans can be so irrational at times.

I always thought Collin Captin had energy problems and often was never in position to make a call. Collin loved his beer so I was told.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I admire you and your energy. Being a ref has to be a good way to stay in good physical condition. I would not last five minutes but would be good for me to shed some pounds. I glad you can laugh at some of the verbal comments from fans. Fans can be so irrational at times.

I always thought Collin Captin had energy problems and often was never in position to make a call. Collin loved his beer so I was told.
                                Are you refering to Colin Kapitan from Yankton? He and my cousin Darryl Anderson worked a lot of high school and college games together. This was back in the two ref era so yea they probably were out of position a lot. Especially two not in great shape older guys who liked beer. I suppose a lot of refs were out of position. Last time I saw Darryl he could barely walk. Those games took a toll on his legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X