• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Middle Tennessee State

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    65-61 jacks win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, just coming on here and not having the game on, I thought those earlier posts about guarding the three and "they threw it away" were about the Jacks and tha jacks had been beaten by a trey at the buzzer.

Comment

39 fouls in the game, 24 against MTSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        great stuff, guys, how big is the crowd and is it into it?
        Just over 1000 - they made a lot of noise for a crowd that size when the Jacks started to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          AJ needs to find a way to win these games. That's the next step.

Stepping.

Nice win. They hung in there, made their FT and hit a few threes in the second half. That should be a good learning experience for the younger players and a win that will pay off in terms of RPI as well. MTSU is going to win some games with that Jones/Parker defensive combo.

Comment

Yes, step forward. Now keep moving I that direction. No losses in conference, zero, this team can achieve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Can we say that was an ugly win,cause it sure wasn't pretty.

Comment

Not gonna lie. We probably shouldn't have won that one, but I guess we gave away the last game, so it's only fair to steal one back.

Our passing and off the ball movement were atrocious at times and we just gave away free buckets for stretches of the game. There is no such thing as a good turnover, but there is such thing as a bad turnover, and they were plentiful tonight. We also need to play stronger with the ball and keep our feet when we have the ball in traffic.

Have to give the ladies credit for their mental toughness, however. They didn't phone it in when it seemed like nothing was going right.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I walked away when we got within two,thought I was getting too negative,I'm sure everyone appreciated that!

Comment

I thought Clarin provided the spark that was missing and brought some emotion into the game. She took a couple of shots to the head and got right back up ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Not gonna lie. We probably shouldn't have won that one, but I guess we gave away the last game, so it's only fair to steal one back.

Our passing and off the ball movement were atrocious at times and we just gave away free buckets for stretches of the game. There is no such thing as a good turnover, but there is such thing as a bad turnover, and they were plentiful tonight. We also need to play stronger with the ball and keep our feet when we have the ball in traffic.

Have to give the ladies credit for their mental toughness, however. They didn't phone it in when it seemed like nothing was going right.
                      I was looking for something to throw at the monitor when we turned it over right under the basket after the inbounds pass twice in a row. Many of the mistakes are bad decision making just as much as physical mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I was looking for something to throw at the monitor when we turned it over right under the basket after the inbounds pass twice in a row. Many of the mistakes are bad decision making just as much as physical mistakes.
                        I'm glad they make monitors tough too, like an old timex watch commercial,"takes a licking ,but keeps on ticking" for those who've never seen any of those old commercials on TV.

Comment

I knew Megan Stuart was injured but was surprised to hear right at the end of the post-game that she has a torn ACL and will be having surgery. I believe she would be eligible for a medical redshirt since she was hurt before the Jacks had played 30% of their schedule. The same thing happened last week to Rachel Banham of the Gophers , and she would be eligible for another season if she chooses to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            I knew Megan Stuart was injured but was surprised to hear right at the end of the post-game that she has a torn ACL and will be having surgery. I believe she would be eligible for a medical redshirt since she was hurt before the Jacks had played 30% of their schedule. The same thing happened last week to Rachel Banham of the Gophers , and she would be eligible for another season if she chooses to stay.
                            Would we have a scholarship available for her if she stayed? I have to wonder with as little playing time she has gotten and how often she appears to be in AJ's doghouse whether she would want to come back for another year. We could certainly use the size with the loss of Clarin at the end of the year.

Comment

I really don't get what some of you are complaining about. We won the game did we not? We fought back from being down as much as 14 pts, and we never folded the cards, I think we played a pretty decent game. The MTSU post had her way underneath the basket but other than that we matched up pretty close. MTSU has always played pressure defense and got some neat steals, but we over came that and other things down the stretch. I think we played pretty good.

Comment

I don't know if we win if number 11 doesn't foul out with 2:00 minutes and change left. She was a force down low.

Comment

Working...
                                X