Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Creighton @ SDSU WNIT

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    That may have been Gabby's best game as a Jack . Some timely scoring , 6 rebounds and 4 steals with only 1 turnover. She was a headache for Creighton's point guards all day.
    She doesn't get enough credit for all she does sometimes,she's one of the best PG's we've had at SDSU,deceptively fast,fast hands and feet,gets to the bucket for wide open layups as well or better than past point guards.....a real pest....(ha...in a good way)Her particular skill set will be hard to replace,if it ever is, in another year ,will hate to see that day come.JMO

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      She doesn't get enough credit for all she does sometimes,she's one of the best PG's we've had at SDSU,deceptively fast,fast hands and feet,gets to the bucket for wide open layups as well or better than past point guards.....a real pest....(ha...in a good way)Her particular skill set will be hard to replace,if it ever is, in another year ,will hate to see that day come.JMO
      The way she was crashing the boards and creating/diving for loose balls yesterday reminded me of the Mayhem guy in the insurance TV commercials.

Comment

The way she was crashing the boards and creating/diving for loose balls yesterday reminded me of the Mayhem guy in the insurance TV commercials.
        Ha,yes she does create mayhem,she's kind of like him,but a little less reckless maybe,that's why she doesn't have all the bandages criss crossed on her face,i guess.

Comment

I checked the number of steals Gabby has had in her first 3 years and it appears she is ready to crack the top 12 all time steal category. 185 is now 12th on the list and Gabby has 183 as of now. 291 is the record. Gabby has 79 steals the past 2 years and 25 as a freshman. She may even get a couple on Thursday and beyond for 2013-14.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            I could not disagree with this comment more. I think she is a liability at the point with the number of forced and unforced errors she makes. Thankful she makes some steals as it makes up for all the turnovers. I have a feeling Macy Miller will replace her at the point next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              I could not disagree with this comment more. I think she is a liability at the point with the number of forced and unforced errors she makes. Thankful she makes some steals as it makes up for all the turnovers. I have a feeling Macy Miller will replace her at the point next year.
              Yes,turn overs were a big problem for the whole team this year,but it's got better lately,last game we only had 8.

Comment

My take: She's awesome when she is on (I especially love all the steals), but she often seems like the leader going over the cliff when things go bad (USD in Sioux Falls!). Bad decisions, out of control, missed layups, and a chaotic tone for the entire team. I'm glad we have her though. The good certainly outweighs the bad.

Comment

Gabby had a sweet game with the steals and buckets. Gabby, then Chloe or Tara have run the point this season. Gabby will be tough to displace as a SR starter. However, Maci may prove to be that jewel like Jill Young before her. One thing about AJ's platooning system, if you're in the top 10, you'll play >10 min/game. Also, it will be rare for anyone to average >28 min/game.

The main difference between the first 13 min and the next 12 was the Jacks finally started hitting all those shots that didn't drop to start, and that the D ratcheted up even tighter on Creighton. 18 trips toward baskets w/o a point has to be near to perfection by the D, and unravelling the opponent. That 6th player made a difference vs Creighton.

Next two WNIT opponents are going to B1G schools, so let's show them typical Frost(y) welcome. Hope that SDSU stuffs Frost for the MN game. Need to show MN were the best players from the upper midwest go to play.

Comment

I think Miller is more likely to play the off guard next year. AJ's offense hasn't been geared for a point guard that shoots a lot. Miller is a natural scorer , and it's easier to do that from the 2 spot. High scoring point guards usually don't happen on good teams (we had an exception with Nate). I think Gabby starts next year with Miller playing some point but more at the 2 guard. After Gabby is gone and Miller has some experience , she may very well end up at the point.

Comment

I think Miller is more likely to play the off guard next year. AJ's offense hasn't been geared for a point guard that shoots a lot. Miller is a natural scorer , and it's easier to do that from the 2 spot. High scoring point guards usually don't happen on good teams (we had an exception with Nate). I think Gabby starts next year with Miller playing some point but more at the 2 guard. After Gabby is gone and Miller has some experience , she may very well end up at the point.
                      Alexis Alexander was recruited to be a PG. http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls...exis-alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X