Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 recruits

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    3000 career points, averaging 28 per game, scored 51 the other night. She and Selland are bringing in a ton of scoring ability to a team that will already have accomplished offensive players Miller, Guebert and Thompson. I don't think there will be any complaints about lack of scorers on the bench the next couple years!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      3000 career points, averaging 28 per game, scored 51 the other night. She and Selland are bringing in a ton of scoring ability to a team that will already have accomplished offensive players Miller, Guebert and Thompson. I don't think there will be any complaints about lack of scorers on the bench the next couple years!
      Don't forget Tylee Irwin,no wonder AJ is really looking forward to these recruits joining the team next year.

Ober's position will be hard to replace with the caliber of play she provides there this year. The jobs open for someone to grab next year, Flaata?, Mieras?, Bultsma? All three,maybe?

Comment

I hope Lindsy Thueninck can shut down Clemens,although Lexi does a pretty good job at that already.

Comment

I believe Tagyn Larson may also have something to say about who starts in Ober's spot next season. Could also move Thompson to the post and start Stevens at the 4, although I think Ellie is better suited at the 4.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I believe Tagyn Larson may also have something to say about who starts in Ober's spot next season. Could also move Thompson to the post and start Stevens at the 4, although I think Ellie is better suited at the 4.
            The 4/5 should be strong with Larson, Thompson, Stevens, Flaata, Mieras, Palmer, and Bultsma. Selland likely looking at 3(or 2-5). Palmer may slide out to small forward or guard position to be on the floor. Tracy seems to be locked in at the 3 as a position. AJ will likely have more depth than he has had for a few years since Miller. Alexander, Guebert, Graettinger, and Thueninck are able to play PG.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I do too,her and Ober work the paint pretty well,they both can pass over people a little better ,Ober can draw the really tall defenders away and Ellie can go to work.They both benefit from each others presence.Keep forgetting about Larson,out of sight ,out of mind thing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Don't forget Tylee Irwin,no wonder AJ is really looking forward to these recruits joining the team next year.
                Right.Irwin scores 26 PPG and is a 6'0 wing that will probably join the crowd at the 2/3. AJ definitely seems to prefer to save redshirts for injuries but you have to wonder if one of these three might take one right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Right.Irwin scores 26 PPG and is a 6'0 wing that will probably join the crowd at the 2/3. AJ definitely seems to prefer to save redshirts for injuries but you have to wonder if one of these three might take one right away.

seems sometimes if players have a nagging injury or had surgery while in high school seem to get the extra year to start with, even if they might be ready to contribute, they get them 100%. at least with womens programs that seems a little more common.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've heard AJ say in the distant past...."if they need to reshirt their freshman year, then they aren't good enough to play here."

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      I've heard AJ say in the distant past...."if they need to reshirt their freshman year, then they aren't good enough to play here."
                      Good thing Nagy didn't say that or Daum wouldn't be here.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Seems like that's pretty true for girls. You're not going to see them transform dramatically in a year as you will a guy. Either they have it or they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Seems like that's pretty true for girls. You're not going to see them transform dramatically in a year as you will a guy. Either they have it or they don't.
                          Really? Allison Arens?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                            Really? Allison Arens?
                            I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general...
                              Yeah it seems the women's game is a bit better at having players come in and contribute or star sooner then later. On the meds side, sometimes they have the skills, just need to condition and practice at a higher level then they are use too. Yes their are exceptions to the rule.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Yeah it seems the women's game is a bit better at having players come in and contribute or star sooner then later. On the meds side, sometimes they have the skills, just need to condition and practice at a higher level then they are use too. Yes their are exceptions to the rule.
                                The speed of the men's game and strength required to compete on the men's side compared to high school is much bigger than on the women's side.

Comment

Working...
                                X