2017 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 recruits

I heard from someone who has seen her play several times that she might not live up to all the hype. Lots of players in our recruiting region with similar skills playing against tougher competition. We will see!

Comment

I watched Myah play during the State B's.....I'd say she 's a little under developed but has a huge upside....her HS team is way too offensively challenged so she assumes way too much of the burden of scoring and draws a lot of defensive pressure,which she handles....ok some times,lets it get to her at other times.The last game i watched she made 3 or 4 3's in a row to will her team back into the game.Surround her with other great players and develop her game....i think she could evolve into a very good college player by the time she reached her jr, sr seasons.She may even develop a little sooner.

If she doesn't choose the Jacks, I hope she plays in the Summit, just to see if she turns out to be as good as I think she can be. It would be fun to watch her play,because if she develops into the player everyone expects her to be ,she'd be really dangerous ,and maybe even a game changer besides being fun to watch. I hope she chooses the Jacks.....to keep the ball rolling so to speak...AJ and coaching staff recruit well,so feel good about that,we'll be "relevant" for a long,long time in this region and nationally,no matter how this plays out.

Comment

I just saw on Twitter that Tagyn Larson is leaving Iowa to play closer to home. Any idea where she is going?

Comment

According to this article Selland hasn't made a decision yet, hoping to make the decision before her senior year. She will miss summer AAU circuit after having surgery on her hip.
          http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spor...CK0qFk.twitter

Comment

re: myah selland i know she stated that she would like to major in athletic training or exercise science. both sdsu and augie appear to have those majors. usd has kinesiology and sports science from what i have been told. could someone just inform me if there really is a big enough difference in the programs that would sway myah to sdsu----or even augie? (rather than usd)

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
              re: myah selland i know she stated that she would like to major in athletic training or exercise science. both sdsu and augie appear to have those majors. usd has kinesiology and sports science from what i have been told. could someone just inform me if there really is a big enough difference in the programs that would sway myah to sdsu----or even augie? (rather than usd)
              This may have an impact on who may or may not sign, but Chynna Stevens just posted on facebook that she has been accepted back into the Jackrabbit basketball family

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                This may have an impact on who may or may not sign, but Chynna Stevens just posted on facebook that she has been accepted back into the Jackrabbit basketball family
                Now that would be a surprise, and a nice addition. Would she be eligible to play right away?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Now that would be a surprise, and a nice addition. Would she be eligible to play right away?
                  That would be my question, as well. Does she have to sit out another year? Also, what the heck was going on with her this last year that she transferred and now wants back?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                    Does that mean she is transfering back? wouldnt she need to sit out a year again.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A student-athlete may transfer and play immediately if the student transferred to a second school and returns to his or her original school either without practicing or competing in athletics at all, except for one 14-day period (i.e. a tryout). Athletes may do this even if they were originally required to sit out for one year.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/...exceptions.htm

My question is there an open scholarship available?

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                        That would be my question, as well. Does she have to sit out another year? Also, what the heck was going on with her this last year that she transferred and now wants back?
                        I think she was listed on their roster, and I would guess she practiced with them as well. If that is the case, you wouldn't think she could come back here and be eligible right away. If she has to sit another year, that would mean she has 1 year left in her 5 year window, correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          I think she was listed on their roster, and I would guess she practiced with them as well. If that is the case, you wouldn't think she could come back here and be eligible right away. If she has to sit another year, that would mean she has 1 year left in her 5 year window, correct ?
                          unless there is some sort of waiver maybe. I was thinking she would only have 1 year left if she came back.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Could this be the 2nd part of AJ tweet?

"Past two days have been great days to be a Jackrabbit!"

Larson the first, Stevens the second?

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                              Also, what the heck was going on with her this last year that she transferred and now wants back?
                              Long and weird story. Probably best not for this board.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Great news, good to welcome her back.Jacks just got deeper,that's always good.

Comment

Working...
                                X