WNIT: Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNIT: Butler

When Mariah Clarin plays well, this team is very hard to beat. There are games she doesn't, and yes I would agree that sometimes that is foul trouble. She is so good defensively...really fun to watch her move her feet and try to establish defensive position against normally bigger players.

Megan struggled shooting early, but came around once she hit that shot in the post.

Steph and Tara did what they do...timely shots, good defense...and of course the tremendous half court shot at halftime!

Very good win for the team and coaching staff. Impressed with them tonight...they looked much sharper than they did last week in the Summit game.

Comment

The Jacks should beat a .500 team at home handily, and they did. Much bigger test vs Creighton, but having the game at home helps.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
        The Jacks should beat a .500 team at home handily, and they did. Much bigger test vs Creighton, but having the game at home helps.
        Butler has beaten Creighton twice this year.

Comment

I think the team did what they had to,play well,get some confidence going,and put the loss in the Summit tourney behind them.Now, they can focus on the WNIT and really have a good opportunity to become a really good team and have some fun too.I look forward to the teams remaining contests and to watch them continue to lay the foundation for a great season next year.Should be a fun ride.

Comment

just to bad they all had to have brain farts the same game in the summit but glad to see them shake it off. Its disapointed to not be in the NCAA even though we were the best team in the confrence during the season, but if they take the WNIT serious it might just be what the Dr ordered. Wish I could have been there. I use to get to more games before having kids obviously and the hype the womens team had during those years going to the WNIT and the first year in the NCAA were pretty special and glad I was able to make games in Frost and for the WNIT games we hosted. To bad they arent able to get that same following again.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Only 1800+ at the game, but the crowd was energetic as needed.. Waytashek did a good job of handling the ball in the second half. I am not sure how many assists she had or almost had, but she is sure handed when taking the ball to the paint. She finally made a few shots in the second half as well. It was a solid team effort with most of the women getting a little time in the light somewhere. Stevens continues to increase her role on the team. Clarin found the rim and the rebounds. As stated earlier, everyone rose to the occasion somewhere during the game. There should be fewer distractions on Sunday which may fill Frost a little more full for the Creighton game. Hopefully the women keep the energy for the next game.
              Wasn't there a Jake Owen concert last night at the Swiftel Center, also? I would have to guess that there were several thousand people at that concert. Hoping for a better crowd at Sunday afternoon's game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Butler has beaten Creighton twice this year.
                And Creighton has beaten us once.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                  And Creighton has beaten us once.
                  That doesn't bode well...for Creighton.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                    Wasn't there a Jake Owen concert last night at the Swiftel Center, also? I would have to guess that there were several thousand people at that concert. Hoping for a better crowd at Sunday afternoon's game.
                    Yeah, the Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett concert definitely took precedence over the wnit game. I see they are giving away 600 student tickets for the game Sunday, I'm not sure how many will be there however, the SDSU student body is probably going to have a massive hangover Sunday due to Pub Crawl.

Comment

[QUOTE=OldHare;251190]687 attended the game in Omaha to watch Creighton beat Missouri.[/QUOT

Only montana has beat us in attendance the first round. They had sbout 2200. Only a handful of games drew over a 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        Yeah, the Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett concert definitely took precedence over the wnit game. I see they are giving away 600 student tickets for the game Sunday, I'm not sure how many will be there however, the SDSU student body is probably going to have a massive hangover Sunday due to Pub Crawl.
                        Brookings should have kept Pub Crawl during St Pattys weekend. I've experienced it both ways and I like it during St Pattys weekend better
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Brookings should have kept Pub Crawl during St Pattys weekend. I've experienced it both ways and I like it during St Pattys weekend better
                          During spring break? Would have cut into profits/business.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            During spring break? Would have cut into profits/business.
                            They actually changed it after 2012, because it got too crazy.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              They actually changed it after 2012, because it got too crazy.
                              I think that was the year I took my (then 3 year old) daughter downtown to go check out some games and fish at Brost's early in the morning completely oblivious to what the pub crawl was or that it had just occurred/concluded mere hours before....yeah that was a mistake.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                                Stopped and bought tickets late this afternoon and 4 students came in and picked up tickets in the 5 minutes we were there.

Comment

Working...
                                X