WNIT: Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNIT: Butler

Butler went 15-15 and 10-8 in the Big East. Winner of this game takes on the Creighton/Missouri winner.

Game is on Thursday (3/20) at Frost Arena. Gametime: TBD

Re: WNIT: Butler

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209437801

I'm too lazy to look it up...but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say $20/ticket is significantly higher than what most (or all) host sites are charging...

Edit: I did look up about a dozen sites (Gophers, Creighton, Wolverines, Hoosiers, etc.). Tickets ranged from $6-$13. Glad we're hosting....but c'mon.
    Last edited by jacks1; 03-17-2014, 10:17 PM.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm assuming at $20/ticket we must have put in a pretty aggressive bid to host games. Looking at the 3rd round games, beating the Gophers in Brookings would be worth $20.

Comment

Tickets in Ames for the NCAA'S are $20.00 (SINGLE GAME).On a side note,it will be interesting to see if USD can get closer to Stanford than our 20 pt loss.There are some really good teams in this WNIT Tournament,Big 12,Pac 10,Big East,Big Ten,and a lot of other high ranking conferences.There won't be too many easy games,most will be highly competative games.Should be entertaining,especially if we advance deeper into the field.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
          I'm assuming at $20/ticket we must have put in a pretty aggressive bid to host games. Looking at the 3rd round games, beating the Gophers in Brookings would be worth $20.
          Tickets to see the Gophers are $13 for the most expensive.

Comment

The tickets to watch men and women games in Vermillion were $20 this year. It was worth the price as the Jackrabbits won both games.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209437801

I'm too lazy to look it up...but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say $20/ticket is significantly higher than what most (or all) host sites are charging...

Edit: I did look up about a dozen sites (Gophers, Creighton, Wolverines, Hoosiers, etc.). Tickets ranged from $6-$13. Glad we're hosting....but c'mon.
              The ticket price doesn't bother me as much as not having any difference between the reserved and general admission prices. Sitting on bleacher seats and having to get there an hour before game time to get a good seat should result in some type of discount. $20 and $15 would be better.

Comment

Regular season GA tickets are $20. How is this different?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  For women? I thought women's games GA were $12 (20 for USD)? Either way, like USD, post season is considered premium, you'll have to pay more
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Wrong...other than USD (and maybe NDSU), tickets for women's games were $14 for upper reserved or $12 for GA. $20 for lower reserved I can understand....not sure it should cost $61 for a family of five to sit in the bleachers...
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If there are people who are not using the reserved tickets for the Butler game, they will be available after 1pm on Wednesday. That might be a good time to ask for the same tickets for any remaining games that might be played at Frost. They are asking season ticket holders to buy the same number of tickets for any games that will be played Frost for the WNIT. If the first game is passed by a season ticket holder, those tickets may not be available for later games.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Didn't realize the ticket prices were different for the men and women. I've only purchased GA tickets for men's games. Carry on.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Any word on if Midco can/will do a broadcast of this game?
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Just listened to A.J. on 99.1 FM. Let's just say that he's less than impressed with how the ladies have been practicing...

Comment

If we don't come out with any more energy than the last game we are going to get steamrolled.

Comment

Working...
                              X