Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Semifinal GDT: USD

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Don't look know, but Denver is up by 9 at half on IUPUI. May be a 4 vs 6 seed final. Anything can happen in one n done.

4 vs 6 should doom the Summit champ to a 16, at best 15 seed, in the NCAA.

I could go with a nice deep run in the WNIT with most games at Frost.
    I am more than ready for some of those games. It will fill the days nicely waiting for the snow to melt into the greens and the ice to dissapear from the lakes.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm still looking forward to watching the women play in post season,if they're still play'n, I'll still be supporting them.Should be some excellent teams in the WNIT,there usually is,anyway.

Comment

Definitely not the result I wanted to wake up to after knee replacement surgery. Glad I was under when this debacle occurred. But saw it coming. From the second half of Penn St this team did not play well. Yea they blew some weaker teams out yea they did have moments of brilliance but over all glad they wont be on the big stage to get blown out in the first round again.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          The Jacks simply got out-worked (especially inside) from start to finish. And probably out-coached as well , as the coaching staff has to take some responsibility for the team coming out like that. On another note , any word if Ober is OK ? She didn't look too good after Harrington took her down and landed on her.
          Accurate. Williams had the better game plan and USD executed that plan. I sat with one of the men's teams coaching staffs and they called it early on. AJ struggled to get the right personnel in the game. We all thought Jacks would weather the storm but fell too far behind. Jacks were doing so much subbing that no one could get going.

Kudos to the yotes. They earned that win and won a championship. The wake up call for AJ is a good one. There were indications that this team was not peaking when it needed to and I don't think he did enough to get the best from this team. Summit league was down this year and a title was ripe for the taking. USD proved that.

AJ is a great coach, he will use this as motivation to get even better.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Accurate. Williams had the better game plan and USD executed that plan. I sat with one of the men's teams coaching staffs and they called it early on.

Kudos to the yotes. They earned that win and won a championship. The wake up call for AJ is a good one. There were indications that this team was not peaking when it needed to and I don't think he did enough to get the best from this team. Summit league was down this year and a title was ripe for the taking. USD proved that.

Curious was that SDSU staff or USD? I assume you them at both schools. I guess they would know the feeling.
            I agree about not peaking, and the WIU game in Brookings seemed to be a good clue. They got way don't to the second half buzzer before the offense and defense both kicked in. It seemed like it was not the fine oiled machine of past years. AJ is the best and a great guy. He is like Rocky Hager, the fans expected him to produce year after year. And it did not always happen.

Comment

I'm obviously disappointed that SDSU didn't get in. But I'm somewhat happy USD is going dancing, mainly because one of the girls I used to announce in Madison is playing for the Yotes.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Accurate. Williams had the better game plan and USD executed that plan. I sat with one of the men's teams coaching staffs and they called it early on. AJ struggled to get the right personnel in the game. We all thought Jacks would weather the storm but fell too far behind. Jacks were doing so much subbing that no one could get going.

It's very possible for players , coaching staffs and even fans to get complacent. This definitely should put a lid on that. The big thing the Jacks need to improve is finishing at the rim. I was amazed yesterday and again today on how good all the Yote bigs were on putting the ball in the hole when they had the chance.

Comment

While SDSU laid eggs in both the MBB and WBB games, at least the Dakotas will represent the Summit. Good to see our ex-NCC mates make the run, if we can't.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    While SDSU laid eggs in both the MBB and WBB games, at least the Dakotas will represent the Summit. Good to see our ex-NCC mates make the run, if we can't.
                    UND women just won the Big Sky...NCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      UND women just won the Big Sky...NCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      It was in Grand Forks and not even 2000 were there. And the UND men play Weber St tonight to go to the dance.

Comment

Working...
                      X