GDT: Mastodons vs. Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Mastodons vs. Jackrabbits

The mastodons are feeling good about 2 OT win at Fargo.. They have scored lots of points against various levels of teams. They have a victory over Mich St on the road when the Spartys were ranked around #15. If the mastodons score more than 80 points, they usually have a win. If they score less than 80, it is usually a loss. I would find it a good day to continue Coach Paul's angst of losing to the Jackrabbits as SDSU leads the series around 20-1. Keep POY Hyde under control and win at Frost. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Mastodons vs. Jackrabbits

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The mastodons are feeling good about 2 OT win at Fargo.. They have scored lots of points against various levels of teams. They have a victory over Mich St on the road when the Spartys were ranked around #15. If the mastodons score more than 80 points, they usually have a win. If they score less than 80, it is usually a loss. I would find it a good day to continue Coach Paul's angst of losing to the Jackrabbits as SDSU leads the series around 20-1. Keep POY Hyde under control and win at Frost. Go Jacks!!

They all have,speaking of Summit league coaches, angst about losing to the Jacks

Have to work on my humility,don't want to sound like a UConn fan.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

The win against the Jaguars is an excellent start to the conference season,as they were expected to be the biggest competition for the conference title.IPFW is also a big game,to go 2-0 to start the conf season,gain momentum,confidence for the road trip comming up.We get the offense ramped up a little,we'll have a little easier time....but all the teams will be playing hard on defense against us,we know that.I'm confident we'll continue to improve and continue to get tougher to beat as the season rolls along until we become dang near un-beatable in conference at tournament time.This is what we do.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-11-2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I would not be surprised to see another little change in substitution patterns today. Young seemed to have fewer minutes against IUPUI than most games. Hyde and Siebert take 37% of the team's shots and score 45% of the points. They both shoot 80+% from the stripe. IUPUI has more speed(and depth) than we will see in most of the other teams. Ft Wayne will shoot much better though. It will be a good test of the Jackrabbit defense today.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I would not be surprised to see another little change in substitution patterns today. Young seemed to have fewer minutes against IUPUI than most games. Hyde and Siebert take 37% of the team's shots and score 45% of the points. They both shoot 80+% from the stripe. IUPUI has more speed(and depth) than we will see in most of the other teams. Ft Wayne will shoot much better though. It will be a good test of the Jackrabbit defense today.
          I think the two toughest defensive teams in the Summit League met when we played IUPUI.Just my opinion, I know.

I'm hoping that tough D will stymie enough of Ft Wayne's offense to give us a win.

Comment

Hopefully playing a triple-OT game two days ago will leave FW a little slower late in the game. If I remember right, we had our hands full last year in the FW game at Brookings. Wasn't that game decided on a last-second shot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Hopefully playing a triple-OT game two days ago will leave FW a little slower late in the game. If I remember right, we had our hands full last year in the FW game at Brookings. Wasn't that game decided on a last-second shot?

That game was played at Ft Wayne last year.

Yes,took a missed lay up, off rebound,another miss, another off rebound,air ball by Gabby to Waytashek and finally a shot that was good in the last seconds of the game to win that one.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

The one in Ft Wayne was late shot. Megan W I think.

Comment

unless the Jacks start playing with their heads up and cut down the stupid stuff like 3 fouls in a minute at Notre Dame and some of the other stupid things they have done lately they very well could lose. hope not but this team is just not together lately.

Comment

Anyone know why the game isn't on 910 radio?

Comment

No help by Gabby ,allows a lay up.....the intensity isn't there for the jacks in this game.Not good start...terrible in fact

Comment

4:00 into the game and we are down 11-0. Shooting worse than a bad middle school team and already several turnovers

Comment

4:00 into the game and we are down 11-0. Shooting worse than a bad middle school team and already several turnovers

That might be the worst 4 minute stretch of basketball I've ever seen at any level. Missing open layups, airballing shots, unforced turnovers.

Comment

Anyone getting the game on the radio or a link to a video feed?

Comment

Gojacks.co has video. Do yourself a favor and AVOID TURNING IT ON. Absolutely terrible effort by the Jacks thus far. Already six turnovers, zero points, and down by 13.

Tell me again how getting whipped by tough OOC teams for the last three games helped us out....

Comment

Working...
                              X