Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Mastodons vs. Jackrabbits

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Ober and Clarin are contrasting styles of play,don't you think?

Ober is a Jenn Sunnarborg , Lingle style(except she can shoot the three ,like Jenn),where as Clarin is more quickness , slashing style(like a Warkenthein or M. Boever ?...,but doesn't shoot threes).Stuart seems to be combo of both styles.Strop,leader,toughness plays,rebounder,three point shooter.

My favorite shot of Clarins is the really cat quick move and shot off the glass, and the ball just sits on top of the rim,motionless,before it finally drops in,everyone wondering if it'll fall off or in.

I like all our post players,they all contribute something to the game.All our players do,as a matter of fact.
    You really think that Ober and Sunnarborg have similiar playing styles?
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      TV asked AJ in the post game presser. AJ said a team rule violation and this was the only game. Said he was disappointed. Could tell he didnt want to talk about it.
      It was obvious that she wasn't going to play as she was seated way at the end of the bench. Thought she might have an injury or not be feeling well.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        This event would best be classified as history and it will not be discussed again. It is a rare event and I am guessing we will not see Ms Clarin's name in the legal section of the Brookings Register.
        Bingo, will be watching. Has anyone seen the book of team rules? It has to be very comprehensive, as it seems give coaches cover.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          It was obvious that she wasn't going to play as she was seated way at the end of the bench. Thought she might have an injury or not be feeling well.
          I applaud AJ for suspending her for a game. Sends a message that there are consequences whethher you are a starter or the last person off the bench.

Enough about that though! Great win for the ladies.....hopefully they can take that momentum on the road and win three.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            You really think that Ober and Sunnarborg have similiar playing styles?
            Obers more post up than Clarin ,Clarins more take defender to the hoop slasher.I think Sunnarborg was pretty much a post up player too,except when she was out shooting a three.

I might be wrong,feel free to correct me if I am and state your reasons why you think differently.Thats one way to learn,drawing a conclusion and stating it,and having it corrected by someone more knowlegable if it is wrong.

I'm not the type to say something I don't believe to be true ,disagree if you wish,but have the courtesy to let me know why you disagree,maybe you'll convince me to change my mind.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-12-2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Bingo, will be watching. Has anyone seen the book of team rules? It has to be very comprehensive, as it seems give coaches cover.
              I am hearing it was as simple as a difference of opinion between AJ and Maria as to her playing time. I suspect the conversation included some poor and ill advised comments from Maria? My advice to Maria is to stay out of foul trouble, finish easy shots and you will play more! If this is the case I may suggest she stay on coach's best side because Ober and Stuart are clearly playing well. We need Maria as we need all the players.

Good win after a poor start without your starting forward.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                I am hearing it was as simple as a difference of opinion between AJ and Maria as to her playing time. I suspect the conversation included some poor and ill advised comments from Maria? My advice to Maria is to stay out of foul trouble, finish easy shots and you will play more! If this is the case I may suggest she stay on coach's best side because Ober and Stuart are clearly playing well. We need Maria as we need all the players.

GBGBGJ
                You meant Mariah instead of Maria?

Comment

The defense did a great job against the Mastodons. Coach Paul stated that they took more 3's than they wanted, but the defense was what pushed them out to the perimeter to take shots late in the clock.. The first few shots Hyde took were several feet beyond the line and the Jackrabbits started playing defense out further during the run that Ft Wayne had early. Ft Wayne is also bringing in more 6' plus players, but those women are not contributing yet. The post players they played did not have success defending in the paint and picked up many fouls. The Jackrabbits wore them down with defense and kept the score under 80 for the Mastodons. This was a solid game by many players.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    You meant Mariah instead of Maria?
                    You are correct. She is an important part of our program and we need Mariah on the floor not the bench. We have been very fortunate to have our share of team players. If the concern over her playing time was correct I don't think Mariah has a complaint. If any Jack WBB players have a ligit concern it would be Tara and Maybe Megan Stuart.

GBGBGJ

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      The defense did a great job against the Mastodons. Coach Paul stated that they took more 3's than they wanted, but the defense was what pushed them out to the perimeter to take shots late in the clock.. The first few shots Hyde took were several feet beyond the line and the Jackrabbits started playing defense out further during the run that Ft Wayne had early. Ft Wayne is also bringing in more 6' plus players, but those women are not contributing yet. The post players they played did not have success defending in the paint and picked up many fouls. The Jackrabbits wore them down with defense and kept the score under 80 for the Mastodons. This was a solid game by many players.
                      This years team seems better than last years,looking back at highlite vids,move the ball better, more aggressive attacking the hoop,maybe not quite as good at the perimeter yet...when that comes around,we'll be extremely hard to beat by Summit teams.JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ
                        I glad to hear this is the explanation. It seem plausible to me. These young ladies are too smart to break training rules, but no doubt respect for one and other is one of the rules, so one has to be careful how you address one and other. Ober dad was fun to watch some time back during the Thorson era, she no doubt got some training in pump and fake from dear old dad. Its hard to believe those running the court this year were born in 1996 or near that year. Time flies.

Comment

Working...
                        X