Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I am just asking because I don't know, but can't you get the Brookings station (or another radio station) that covers the game on a "Listen Live" via the internet? http://www.brookingsradio.com/pages/8777859.php# Or is the game have some sort of copyrights?
    a lot of times work (darn IT dept)blocks that stuff or aynthing that plays onlineI clicked on it now and when the player pops up it gets blocked. at home probably could try if they wife isnt using the computer for work at home, but in the car and at work its still an issue.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      a lot of times work (darn IT dept)blocks that stuff or aynthing that plays onlineI clicked on it now and when the player pops up it gets blocked. at home probably could try if they wife isnt using the computer for work at home, but in the car and at work its still an issue.
      Smartphone? This is 2013. (Just kidding, I still have a flip phone)

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        You mean your company doesn't want you watching or listening to games at work? Bastards!

Comment

I am just asking because I don't know, but can't you get the Brookings station (or another radio station) that covers the game on a "Listen Live" via the internet? http://www.brookingsradio.com/pages/8777859.php# Or is the game have some sort of copyrights?
          Here's the thing. SDSU doesn't allow their games to be streamed. They want you to buy Jackrabbit Extra, which makes sense from a business standpoint. They have forbidden the radio stations to stream their games. USD, on the other hand, doesn't seem to care if their radio stations stream, but I'm sure that will eventually change. NDSU also doesn't mind because I listened to their WIU game from KFGO on my iPad. So call the University and tell them your complaint.

I saw some of you asking why can't WNAX carry the women as well. It's due to mirror scheduling. They had to create another network, on their sister station with two other affiliates, because if they didn't they would never be on the radio. It is not up to WNAX on who is the affiliates. SDSU needs to make a better effort to get a SF station to carry it. So as long as mirror scheduling lasts, you can count on the women being heard by less people, but at least they are on.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Here's the thing. SDSU doesn't allow their games to be streamed. They want you to buy Jackrabbit Extra, which makes sense from a business standpoint. They have forbidden the radio stations to stream their games. USD, on the other hand, doesn't seem to care if their radio stations stream, but I'm sure that will eventually change. NDSU also doesn't mind because I listened to their WIU game from KFGO on my iPad. So call the University and tell them your complaint.

I saw some of you asking why can't WNAX carry the women as well. It's due to mirror scheduling. They had to create another network, on their sister station with two other affiliates, because if they didn't they would never be on the radio. It is not up to WNAX on who is the affiliates. SDSU needs to make a better effort to get a SF station to carry it. So as long as mirror scheduling lasts, you can count on the women being heard by less people, but at least they are on.
            Thanks for answering about the streaming issue. I have no complaints on my end w/ listening to the away games because I don't listen via the radio. I usually just keep up to date with Terry V.'s live update chat.

Comment

Smartphone? This is 2013.
              Not so fast my friend. A smartphone will do you no good when it comes to WBB. I bought the iJacks Android app for my smartphone. I get the men's games, but not the women's games. I assume that's because the app is linked up only to WNAX. Thus, I'm among the appreciative of the score updates here on the board.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Learfield is the one to call on this. Suggest you inform SDSU athletics to put pressure on Learfield. Radio people are not decisiin makers.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

to continue this thread in a complete direction away from the game, if i am not mistaken this win gives SDSU a 6-4 lead in the corn cup. takes 13 points to win it. so as long as the guys win that would put us at 7 so pretty much the half way point to locking up the corn bowl.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

- Out of 345 D-I women's basketball teams, only five account for more than 32.5% of the home attendance in their respective conferences. Those schools? South Dakota State, Hawai’i, New Mexico, Chattanooga, Gonzaga.

https://twitter.com/TSLSportsLounge
                    Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                    Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Working...
                    X