Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD in Frost

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    So a 15 pt lead is a commanding lead? I dont think so and it certainly was not a blow out. Built a 10 pt lead and we let the yotes hang around and that makes it a seasaw battle in my opinion.
    Yes Nidaros...a 15 point 2nd half lead does qualify as a commanding lead in my opinion. Go ahead and stick by your opinion.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

The Jack women had most of the bench involved in this game. If USD wins at Vermillion, it will say more about Amy Williams than the quality of the Jacks win. I am surprised that she has a couple of starters who do not seem to be in game condition this time of the year. It was a little uneasy when the lead went to 6 points late, but the pace of the game was definitely SDSU.
      Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      We'll beg to differ on this one. More than once in the 2nd half we expanded the lead to 15. If a sea-saw battle means that you lead wire-to-wire and most of the game by double digits, then you have a different definition of a sea-saw battle than I do. Could we lose at USD...absolutely. Was this game a sea-saw battle...absolutely not.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        The Jack women had most of the bench involved in this game. If USD wins at Vermillion, it will say more about Amy Williams than the quality of the Jacks win. I am surprised that she has a couple of starters who do not seem to be in game condition this time of the year. It was a little uneasy when the lead went to 6 points late, but the pace of the game was definitely SDSU.
        USD usually has a couple of those larger players. It gives them a nice presence in the half court game, inside and for setting screens. The drawback, of course, is that a faster pace leaves them at a disadvantage. I don't think any of the current players are this Coach Williams', they signed when Ryun was in charge.

Jacks had the game well in hand at all times. Make a few wide open 3's and its a 20 point victory. That doesn't mean anything when SDSU heads down to the dome. Totally different atmosphere, will be a tough place to win at the end of the year.

USD will be a presence in the Summit tourney, they could get a 3 seed and make some noise. Wilson was more athletic than anybody else on the court. If they can find some shooters they will make some waves.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Tempest Wilson should easily be first team Summit. 22% 3 pt shooting for the Jacks in that game was not a reflection of the defense as much as the off day for the Jacks. They did have 48% overall FG% to balance.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Yes Nidaros...a 15 point 2nd half lead does qualify as a commanding lead in my opinion. Go ahead and stick by your opinion.
            I will. I dont feel real optimistic about either program as of today. Both are going to have to really work to get back to the Big Dance. I know some will say I am negative. So neg me if you want to.

Comment

This team may not have the timing that 2008-09 team for passing and ball handling, but I do think that they are improving as the season moves. The 2008-09 team had women that were playing for 25+ minutes and were the close to lead scorers in the conference. I do think that SDSU women are the team to beat in conference right now. I need to see the first half of the men's season to decide if NDSU is really the team or there is another contender. The women do appear to have an upward curve on their play.
              Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I will. I dont feel real optimistic about either program as of today. Both are going to have to really work to get back to the Big Dance. I know some will say I am negative. So neg me if you want to.

Comment

If leading by 8+ for most of the game is a "see-saw battle", I'll take it. I don't think USD lead for even one second early in the game.

That being said, of course the SDSU women could lose at USD. Anything is possible in that building, as we have seen in the last three SDSU games played there. Even with that, I have a hard time seeing this team losing more than two or three conference games (each of which will take an off night). The chronic turnover epidemic that pained teams of the past seems to be improving and they have playmakers all over the floor. They're not the 2008-2009 team but they are looking pretty good right now.

Comment

We'll beg to differ on this one. More than once in the 2nd half we expanded the lead to 15. If a sea-saw battle means that you lead wire-to-wire and most of the game by double digits, then you have a different definition of a sea-saw battle than I do. Could we lose at USD...absolutely. Was this game a sea-saw battle...absolutely not.
                  I should probably stay out of this but AFTER the jacks got out to a 10-2 lead, it was a see-saw battle. We lead by 15 but they cut it to 6, too. I know that you can't take the start out but we sure didn't run away after that start. I know that we missed some shots that we normally would make but that happens in games.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    I should probably stay out of this but AFTER the jacks got out to a 10-2 lead, it was a see-saw battle. We lead by 15 but they cut it to 6, too. I know that you can't take the start out but we sure didn't run away after that start. I know that we missed some shots that we normally would make but that happens in games.
                    Thanks this was what I was trying to say. I was watching it on Jump TV and left the computer more than once, because the game was not going the way I thougt it would. USD lost some key players plus their coach. You would never know that by watching this game.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      I don't know what you are getting at when you are talking about the Jacks bench. The women play the bench in every game. It's not like the men that only play 7 or so. If that's not what you are getting at I'm sorry but I missed it.

Comment

Only Megan Stuart and Jessica Hart did not contribute. I think that contibutes to the timing and pace of game when players can fill those roles. While Chloe does not have the experience that Gabby does, she is able to perform at more than serviceable substitute which will be critical in the time of foul troubles or sprained ankles.This is where the SDSU women have some separation from the rest. Most of the men programs in the Summit seem to play a short bench which is frustrating at times, but I am not the coach and I can only be frustrated with the players not being able to step up to the bar most coaches must want in the men's game.
                        I don't know what you are getting at when you are talking about the Jacks bench. The women play the bench in every game. It's not like the men that only play 7 or so. If that's not what you are getting at I'm sorry but I missed it.

Comment

USD has a much better team than I had anticipated. Get them at home, and the Yotes could do to the women, what the men's team did. SDSU played well, and was never in danger of relinquishing that early 10-2 lead. But, as noted above, Jacks never really stretched their lead, and never got it to 20.

SDSU played really well, and got the ball inside a lot, and picked up FTs and inside buckets, and bench points. Only the 3's were off.

If Jacks get out to a lead, they will likely have another comfortable game. Get behind, or play even, Yotes could pull out a W in da Dome. Only team I've seen that could maybe do so in the SUmmit. Although, haven't played Omaha yet.

Comment

I was at the game and watched it again on a replay. Throught the game it appeared the Jacks always had the game in hand but everytime I looked up at the scoreboard it was always within reach for the Coyotes. When the Yotes challenged late it seemed like the Jacks could always answer. It will be a much more difficult win in the dome. Difficult place to shot the basketball as proven over the years. With the absence of Oral Roberts the Jacks are clearly the team to beat. Its nice to be the favorite - but you also get everyones best every night.

GBGBGJ

Comment

The women should be ready for the nightly challenge AJ will keep the women pumped for the conference. The OOC will be the preface for these gals. I will expect this group ready for conference. At this point the SDSU women are the team to beat. USD is a distant second that will be beat on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X