UM-Crookston Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UM-Crookston Game Day Thread

Does anyone know if D1 rules are the same as D2 rules that redshirt cannot play in the exihibition games? It is a new rule in D2 this year. UM-Crookston had local girl redshirting and could not play yesterday. I was wondering since Steph P did not get in game. I noticed she was "dragging" leg in warmups.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Does anyone know if D1 rules are the same as D2 rules that redshirt cannot play in the exihibition games? It is a new rule in D2 this year. UM-Crookston had local girl redshirting and could not play yesterday. I was wondering since Steph P did not get in game. I noticed she was "dragging" leg in warmups.
      I hope Steph is able to contribute this season,but if you look at the experiences of the two players on our team who had similiar injuries,it probably won't be until later in the season. Both Boever and Waytashek took well over a year before approaching full strength - It's only been about 7 months since Paluch's surgery. Even Adrian Peterson,who is a workout animal,took 9 months,and that was considered to be an unbelievable recovery time.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        In D1,if you redshirt then you cannot play in the exhibition games.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Ah, that makes sense, bigticket. Keen eye on the graduation year.

Aamlids: Great SDSU-tradition family!
          Nik Aamlid is her brother and the SDSUAsst. Coordinator-Development/Special Events

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            Not impressed with the new seating arrangements, the womens gray uniforms should have different color numbers. hard to read on the fuzzy internet picture. Megan Waytashek very impressive in the first half, not babying the knee and playing good. Chloe C. looks to ba a good guard in the making, handles the ball really well. glad they gave her Kettys old number.
            Agree with being unimpressed with new seating arrangements. The top rows cannot see 1/3 of the court and can see nothing that happens at either bench. Strongly considering dropping season tickets and donating to Jackrabbit athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              Agree with being unimpressed with new seating arrangements. The top rows cannot see 1/3 of the court and can see nothing that happens at either bench. Strongly considering dropping season tickets and donating to Jackrabbit athletics.
              Couldn't agree more. It looks hideous. How have we gone from seating well over 9,000 to under 6,000 and how is that progression? If my season tickets were in the top rows on the 'new' side I would demand my money back.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What a disaster! Not good. They keep making Frost worse and worse with their "improvements".
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Agree!! I could not sit in my seats -- had to get up and stand on the railing in the corner. I HATE my new seat location!!

Comment

I have stated from the beginning that I hated the new seating arrangements since the first pictures were out. Just sayin. So I'm not surprised more people are starting to not like it after going there as they virtually did the exact opposite of what I wanted them to do
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Athletic department called and asked if I wanted to move over to the south side in the new seating arrangement and I said no way. I asked to move forward based on priority points in the same section we are currently in. We moved forward 2 rows, I'll take it. Too bad poor planning is going to lead to the need to revise the changes or lose ticket revenue.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I haven't been to Frost yet, to see for myself...Can you explain this statement?

Are you saying the top rows view is blocked by the media tables? It's been awhile since I've seen the pictures, but I would've thought those rows would be high enough up to see over the media section?

Or are the benches and court being blocked by the seats themselves?
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          I haven't been to Frost yet, to see for myself...Can you explain this statement?

Are you saying the top rows view is blocked by the media tables? It's been awhile since I've seen the pictures, but I would've thought those rows would be high enough up to see over the media section?

Good questions. Any further comments?

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

My guess, based on what I have seen, is that the upper rows of the "new" lower level on the south are too flat and therefore not able to see the southern most portion of the court. I haven't watched a game in Frost since the changes.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              My guess, based on what I have seen, is that the upper rows of the "new" lower level on the south are too flat and therefore not able to see the southern most portion of the court. I haven't watched a game in Frost since the changes.
                              A friend who moved there said that he had been contacted earlier about the "flatness" of the seating and there was an awareness of the problem that some remedy is planned before next year. Also, there would be some plexiglass installed to remedy the rail problem for some viewing. They should have had an engineering student review the plans prior to execution. I am not sure where the band will locate now, but the end bleachers lost some room by not extending to the floor like the previous setup. It will limit numbers for the students.

Comment

maybe this is a sneaky way to make frost not good enough for us so we can get a new field house, football stadium and basketball arena put into place. I am going to have a feeling I will not like the new changes. I didnt like it when they changed the seating the first time and this doesnt seem to improve it any. seats should be lower and closer to the court not higher and father away. the student section needs to be almost floor level if they are going to be behind the baskets. otherwise both upper ends will hate having the students standing blocking their view during the games.

Frankly I would knock out the wall of frost behind the wear the students use to be and the new season ticket seats, which ever direction that is. knock that wall out and renovate frost to have perment bowl seating in the upper sections. lower the floor sections to closer to the floor and push the wall out so there is more room behind and building it higher to move the media row away. we dont need rows of media tables between fans and the game. Thats ridiculous. I think if they want to add seats they need to go back to almost how it was with the seating starting close to the floor level and make it as wide as possible on the bottom sections. behind the basket and keep the students on the side of the court lowered so they dont block the sight lines of the upper side sections.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X