Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 recruiting

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
    Eastview won their semifinal game over St. Micheal/Albertville by 18, I think. Madi Guebbert fouled out in 2nd half with 7 pts, actually increased the lead after she fouled out. Would have been nice to have recruited their post player (to Michigan). Madi had a rough game, maybe will bounce back against Hopkins. Will have to or get smothered like all the rest. Ball security issues, missed layups, etc.
    Hopkins won, Madi came alive the last several minutes, but was to late. Looked like a DI all-star game. One from Eastview going to Augustana, looks like the real deal.

Comment

I thought if Guebert's teammates would have allowed Madi to take over the game earlier in the game they would have won as they seemed to have forgot they were playing with the Metro player of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I thought if Guebert's teammates would have allowed Madi to take over the game earlier in the game they would have won as they seemed to have forgot they were playing with the Metro player of the year!
        Nia Hollie (sp?) Hopkins junior looks to dominate upper DI when she gets there. I was fortunate to watch the Miller twins play for Rochester Mayo-Georgia Bulldogs and then over a decade in the WNBA. That is what I judge play by in HS girls BB. Point is that numbers do not tell the whole story, as in Nia Hollie.

Comment

Nia Hollie (sp?) Hopkins junior looks to dominate upper DI when she gets there. I was fortunate to watch the Miller twins play for Rochester Mayo-Georgia Bulldogs and then over a decade in the WNBA. That is what I judge play by in HS girls BB. Point is that numbers do not tell the whole story, as in Nia Hollie.
          Not sure what your point is?

Comment

Not sure what your point is?
            Not sure myself! I guess if Nia wasn't surrounded by four or more future DI players, her numbers could have been huge. Give Eastview credit, they had their chances to catch them.

Comment

Not sure myself! I guess if Nia wasn't surrounded by four or more future DI players, her numbers could have been huge. Give Eastview credit, they had their chances to catch them.
              Okay I get it your trying to discredit Madi Guerbert's accomplishments. I think her credentials speak for themself. Last time I checked she has a teammate headed to Michigan so Eastview is hardly dependent on one player. My point was in the second half Guerbert could not be stopped and they should have looked to her sooner. The broadcast team made same observation .

Comment

I don't believe that I am discrediting Madi by praising Nia. That's like saying that Brayden sucked because he wasn't as good as Nate. Of course not, they were both great. Even though Eastview won their semifinal, I'm sure that Madi would say that she had a rough game. It happens. Was actually wondering if she was ill or injured.

Comment

I don't believe that I am discrediting Madi by praising Nia. That's like saying that Brayden sucked because he wasn't as good as Nate. Of course not, they were both great. Even though Eastview won their semifinal, I'm sure that Madi would say that she had a rough game. It happens. Was actually wondering if she was ill or injured.
                  don't believe nia hollie is lacking from pub. she is rated in 2016 class as 15th by prospects nation (4th at her position), 14th hoopgurlz, but, is rated 45th by bluestar. many minny fans are "drooling" over her. not to mention many also expect her to commit to minny.
                  Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 03-30-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Madison Guebert named AP Player of the year for the state of Minnesota.

Comment

• Re: 2015 recruiting

Madison Guebert named AP Player of the year for the state of Minnesota.
                      There's no doubt Guebert is a big deal for SDSU. I agree with those saying that she will see substantial playing time next year.

The past six winners of the same award went to one of these schools: U of M (3), Vanderbilt, Creighton and Ohio State.

Comment

Hope we can put together a team that can scare ND, and open eyes for the rest of the nation. Won't put the pressure on them to say win it, but at Frost, that's not out of the realm of possibility either and would be the biggest win ever, given the stature ND carries. Frost should be standing room only for that game. Hyping that game a little early, but it should be historic.

In keeping more in line with the thread, welcome Madi Guebert and your freshman class, may you all have a memorable, productive and satisfying carreer as "Jackrabbits". This will be another great class.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-25-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          There's no doubt Guebert is a big deal for SDSU. I agree with those saying that she will see substantial playing time next year.

The past six winners of the same award went to one of these schools: U of M (3), Vanderbilt, Creighton and Ohio State.
                          The level of competition that Guebert averaged 20 points per game is impressive.

Comment

The level of competition that Guebert averaged 20 points per game is impressive.
                            Madi and Marina Mabrey were probably the two best shooters in summer AAU ball, with Madi probably considered to be at the top of the list. They will potentially meet in college for the first time as freshmen on Nov 21st at Frost Arena when the Jacks host ND.She may also play against her former North Tartan teammate Arike Ogunbowale .Be there,and see a great game.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-25-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Salem, SD, McCook Central High School gym, the 3-class shootout is the place to see both our 2015 SD recruits play their last game as HS players ,Jessica Mieras, O'Gorman and Sydney Palmer , Pierre ,both playing for the class AA all star team.
                              link

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Salem, SD, McCook Central High School gym, the 3-class shootout is the place to see both our 2015 SD recruits play their last game as HS players ,Jessica Mieras, O'Gorman and Sydney Palmer , Pierre ,both playing for the class AA all star team.
                                link
                                Doubt that will be the last game for these two as HS players. Sanford Pentagon is hosting a similar type event on April 12th.
                                http://www.sanfordpentagon.com/news_...id=898473-news

Comment

Working...
                                X