Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future

I think that the nonconference schedule will be very important for the our ladies next year. With Oral Roberts leaving and coaching changes in NDSU, USD, and UMKC it the Summit League may be on a rebuild next year. It will be very important to start out hot next year if we want to get through the tournament with a seed higher than a 13 or 14 next season. I am not sure where our biggest challenge will come from within the conference probbably Oakland because of traditionally good, or IUPUI seems to be trending upward. But when the second seed leaves and the third, fourth, and fifth seeds are changing coaches it pretty much opens the rest of the league up. It will probably difficult for the teams with new coaches to come out of the gates hot against non comference foes which will lower the conferences rpi.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
      I think that the nonconference schedule will be very important for the our ladies next year. With Oral Roberts leaving and coaching changes in NDSU, USD, and UMKC it the Summit League may be on a rebuild next year. It will be very important to start out hot next year if we want to get through the tournament with a seed higher than a 13 or 14 next season. I am not sure where our biggest challenge will come from within the conference probbably Oakland because of traditionally good, or IUPUI seems to be trending upward. But when the second seed leaves and the third, fourth, and fifth seeds are changing coaches it pretty much opens the rest of the league up. It will probably difficult for the teams with new coaches to come out of the gates hot against non comference foes which will lower the conferences rpi.
      Fair assesment. In the long run with the right hire those teams could soon be much stronger then they are now which would obviously be great for improving rpi. Losing oru hurts but makes winning the confrence easier.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Unless I missed something, I believe DeHoff is still at NDSU. She is on a short leesh and her multi year contract comes due next year, otherwise a good post.

Comment

your right I looked again at it was assistant coach that resigned. After watching some of the post game interviews durring the season in the back of my mind i thought she was on the way out. Sorry for the confusion. I saw that they there program lost a coach and jumped to the wong conclusion.

Comment

your right I looked again at it was assistant coach that resigned. After watching some of the post game interviews durring the season in the back of my mind i thought she was on the way out. Sorry for the confusion. I saw that they there program lost a coach and jumped to the wong conclusion.
            No problem, like I said, otherwise a good post. It looks like things are going to dramatically change in the Summit. Coaching changes can affect programs a great deal, even with new assistants at NDSU, its impact will be felt. Every new coach tries to start on the right foot by retaining all the letterwinners from the prior coach's program. Sometimes its good and something not, and you wipe the slate and start all over.

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
              for some of us 570 AM is the only source for listening to the games.With the mirror scheduling who will be broadcast? I can't see any way
              i'll be able to listen to both teams anymore.
              Heres a link to listening to the game online.I,m in the same boat you are and will try this myself.Hope it works,don't see why it shoudn't. http://theranch910.com/listenlive.htm

Comment

Jacks lose WBB assistant coach Chad Oletzke,who took the head coaching position at U. of Ill. Sprinfield(Div 2)Best of luck to him.Here's link http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x40859806...l-coach?zc_p=0 5 hrs ago according to TV's twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Jacks lose WBB assistant coach Chad Oletzke,who took the head coaching position at U. of Ill. Sprinfield(Div 2)Best of luck to him.Here's link http://www.sj-r.com/sports/x40859806...l-coach?zc_p=0 5 hrs ago according to TV's twitter
                  Wonder who sdsu will pick up next? I wonder if vogel would be an option? I think it would be great.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Wonder who sdsu will pick up next? I wonder if vogel would be an option? I think it would be great.
                    I agree about Megan Vogel,she should be a Div 1 coach somewhere.Tyler M had her on as a guest commentator for his coverage of one of our womens basketball games.Was really impressed with her knowlege and overall "feel "for the game I gathered ,from her comments she made through out the game.Only sticking point might be salary,she probably would make more staying where she is now.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-24-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

First off, Congrats to Chad, he's a great guy.

As far as who they bring in... I have no worries. AJ has done a great job with the staff... it will be someone good.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        I agree about Megan Vogel,she should be a Div 1 coach somewhere.Tyler M had her on as a guest commentator for his coverage of one of our womens basketball games.Was really impressed with her knowlege and overall "feel "for the game I gathered ,from her comments she made through out the game.Only sticking point might be salary,she probably would make more staying where she is now.
                        According to TV's blog,Chad's salary here was $35,000 - that's embarassing for a Div. I program.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          According to TV's blog,Chad's salary here was $35,000 - that's embarassing for a Div. I program.
                          Yes it is. Do what you can to help fix this situation.

Comment

Not disagreeing, but should point out that he was the last hired assistant, and lowest paid (will agree that all three were underpaid), but the important thing for SDSU was to get its coaching staff up in numbers (a conference requirement) and get the best you could for the price you could afford. I think we did that with Chad, and I too wish him the best...good move for him. Our salaries on all fronts in D-1 are on the rise, but at a pace dictated by available funds. As long as that is happening, we are going to have assistants leave for better paying positions or better opportunities. All AJ has to do is find a good-enough coach who is either underpaid where they are at, or consider this an opportunity despite the pay. He's done pretty well in that area (and we are LUCKY to have him still here to do that!!)

Comment

Good news for Megan Waytashek - AJ just tweeted that her medical hardship petition has been granted,giving her an extra season of eligibility.

Comment

Good news for Megan Waytashek - AJ just tweeted that her medical hardship petition has been granted,giving her an extra season of eligibility.

Good for Megan Waytashek -- But GREAT for SDSU Jackrabbits!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X