X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
    What's the latest on Steph Paluch?????
    Ummm, she tore her ACL a month and a half ago...not much else to report.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Ummm, she tore her ACL a month and a half ago...not much else to report.
      I was wondering if she's had surgery and is rehabing????
      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

I was wondering if she's had surgery and is rehabing????
        Yes and yes.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What's the latest on Steph Paluch?????
          I am hearing from one of Steph's teammates that she is doing very well. Will she be 100% to start next year? Time will only tell that. I can promise you she is working hard to try and be ready.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Yes and yes.
            Thanks. One yes would have been sufficient!
            When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Has anybody been able to get a composite Summit League schedule for the women? I got one from somewhere for the men, but can't get anything on the Summit page in regards to the women's schedule.

Comment

Just hold the mens schedule up to the mirror or go to this link http://www.thesummitleague.org//pdf8/796707.pdf

I don't understand the arguments for the mirror scheduling. Especially with regards to rivalry games such as USD men playing at SDSU on same night SDSU women play at USD and vise versa.

Would prefer to go to a doubleheader arrangement for most conference games, excluding rivalry games, which will draw good crowds when played on separate nights.
                USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                  Just hold the mens schedule up to the mirror or go to this link http://www.thesummitleague.org//pdf8/796707.pdf

I don't understand the arguments for the mirror scheduling. Especially with regards to rivalry games such as USD men playing at SDSU on same night SDSU women play at USD and vise versa.
                  It's hard to imagine mirror scheduling doing anything positive for Summit women's BB. They will be competing with the men's teams for interest/coverage every night of the conference season. If the men are playing at Oakland (televised) the same night that the women are playing them at home, which are you going to watch? How many people that would have to travel to Brookings would choose the women's game over staying home and watching the men on tv? I don't see the benefit here.

Comment

There is no benefit...at least for fans (of both teams). The scheduling is changing because the women coaches do not want to play Saturday/Monday schedule and want the Thursday/Saturday schedule the same as the men. Most complaints center around having Sunday away from home and missing Monday and sometimes Tuesday classes.

And to make it worse, because a lot of the other teams get very little following for their women's teams, they just don't care about that part of it. Justin Sell said we were just about the only university unhappy about it.

I talked to Tyler Merriam today and he said that the Jackrabbit radio network is going to have both the home and away games broadcast. But I am with ALL of you in that I hate it.

And hareball...thanks for the tip, I just got tired of holding it up to the mirror. Appreciated your link!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      There is no benefit...at least for fans (of both teams). The scheduling is changing because the women coaches do not want to play Saturday/Monday schedule and want the Thursday/Saturday schedule the same as the men. Most complaints center around having Sunday away from home and missing Monday and sometimes Tuesday classes.

And to make it worse, because a lot of the other teams get very little following for their women's teams, they just don't care about that part of it. Justin Sell said we were just about the only university unhappy about it.

I talked to Tyler Merriam today and he said that the Jackrabbit radio network is going to have both the home and away games broadcast. But I am with ALL of you in that I hate it.

And hareball...thanks for the tip, I just got tired of holding it up to the mirror. Appreciated your link!!
                      Hope they broadcast the games at the same time on 570. So that way I don't miss either just have 2 radio guys to listen to at the same time, that wouldnt be an issue. I understand needing to have games at spereate times, but honestly, I would be able to make more games if they were double headers. And I don't think I am alone in that. It gets expensive to come from SF a few times a week for a 2 hour basketball game. Gas and food added in and its not a cheap date. If its a double header I get twice the fun in one trip with out using as much gas and with out being away as much. I loved it during our D-2 days and seemed to work well, but I can understand trying to maximize potential gate revenue from having more events on seperate days.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

I guess i don't see how they will miss any less class days by going to a Thurs./Sat. schedule. As far as being home on Sundays, depending on where they're playing, sometimes they will be traveling back to Brookings on that day.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          I guess i don't see how they will miss any less class days by going to a Thurs./Sat. schedule. As far as being home on Sundays, depending on where they're playing, sometimes they will be traveling back to Brookings on that day.
                          I'm not defending their reasoning, but from what I have heard, missing Monday and Tuesday classes is more difficult because a lot of classes are more often than not Mon-Thurs, and light on Friday. And again, I hate it, but mirror scheduling is already a fact of life for the 2012-13 seasons. And, of course, since the women are out of town on the same nights the men are in town (or vice/versa) doubleheaders are obviously gone (I do know the university is trying to look at scheduling some doubleheaders during the non-conference schedule.)

Comment

for some of us 570 AM is the only source for listening to the games.With the mirror scheduling who will be broadcast? I can't see any way
                            i'll be able to listen to both teams anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
                              for some of us 570 AM is the only source for listening to the games.With the mirror scheduling who will be broadcast? I can't see any way
                              i'll be able to listen to both teams anymore.
                              My guess is that men's games will be on WNAX 570 and women's games on 910 KJJQ whenever they are being played at the same time. Other stations in the Jackrabbit Sports Network will choose which game to cover, which means it will probably be the men's game unless there's specific local interest in the women's team. That's the pattern for most other college radio networks I've looked at.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The issue is that the women never get a day off. They travel Friday and come back Monday night/Tuesday and then go to class. If they play Thursday/Saturday they'll receive days off on Sunday if they aren't traveling home. All home stands will have days off on Sunday.

That's the reasoning and AJ has stated this before.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X