Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kansas State

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
    This seems to me a team without a clear cut leader or go to player in difficult times. I just don't see it happening this year. I hope I am wrong but I don't believe you can continue to have this many poor offensive games and win the Summit League Tourny where they will have to bring it 3 games in a row. To be this bad this often tells me something about the overall quality of this team.

You and "Just in the Crowd" are cousins, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
      I hope we did not have recruits in for this one! Or maybe a good recruit will see that she could come in and play right now? To our Womens' team and out Jackrabbit fans......there will be better days!

GBGBGJ
      I believe there was a recruit in town. Was eating lunch at Cubby's and saw AJ and two of the assistants leaving with a young lady in a letter jacket and what I would guess was her dad. Could not see the school,but appeared to be in approx. the 5'10" to 6 foot range.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I believe there was a recruit in town. Was eating lunch at Cubby's and saw AJ and two of the assistants leaving with a young lady in a letter jacket and what I would guess was her dad. Could not see the school,but appeared to be in approx. the 5'10" to 6 foot range.
        There was a red head with her Dad that cut in front of me in the the will call line to get ticlets. She was shorter than 5'10. I hope Dad was having a bad day because he was not friendly.

Comment

I agree that these games are here to get us better and to the ultimate goal. The team looked nervous after not playing very well in Cancun. The one thing that I noticed was that we got the ball to the post and it NEVER came out. When shots are not falling, we needed to work the offense inside and kick it out. It was wide open on the backside with that pass and we have clean looks and knockdown some 3's.

Chambers killed us! Did we recruit her?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
            There was a red head with her Dad that cut in front of me in the the will call line to get ticlets. She was shorter than 5'10. I hope Dad was having a bad day because he was not friendly.
            It just dawned on me,don't recruits get free tickets ?Maybe that's why he was in a bad mood.I made a mistake,will call is where you pick up tickets already paid for....my bad,maybe she's the point guard we need for the future(nice cheerful thought)
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-12-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              It just dawned on me,don't recruits get free tickets ?Maybe that's why he was in a bad mood.I made a mistake,will call is where you pick up tickets already paid for....my bad,maybe she's the point gaurd we need for the future(nice cheerful thought)
              Recruits get free tickets, parents don't. Also will-call & recruit passes are handled at the same window.

Comment

This sounds like the gal we saw - I very well could have been wrong on her height.

Comment

Maybe he got some bad sauerkrut on his rueben at Cubby's. Where does it say you have to greet everyone you meet on a campus visit with a sh*t eating grin? If daughter can play bb and wants a free education I am happy despite a grumpy looking dad.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 12-12-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Funny how the bad loss threads have twice as many posts as the good win threads.....human nature,hymm?

Comment

Never wanted a game to get over so fast as the KSU game. The Men's game saved the night...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Maybe he got some bad sauerkrut on his rueben at Cubby's. Where does it say you have to greet everyone you meet on a campus visit with a sh*t eating grin? If daughter can play bb and wants a free education I am happy despite a grumpy looking dad.
                        Cubbys has a rueben? I might have to try it next time in town. if any one gets down to the Burbank area, hit up Wimps. They have a rueben the way it is suppose to be done. I have tried most everywhere else that does and they just dont live up to Wimps.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          Funny how the bad loss threads have twice as many posts as the good win threads.....human nature,hymm?
                          Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way
                          -Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Sunny had maybe 3-4 shots from the post that should've gone in, good shots, and a few others that could've gone in. Shots that she was able to create, even with K-State's clingy we've-got-fouls-to-give style of play.

Inevitably they bounced out.

I mean you see 1-13 on Sunny's stat line and it looks horrible, and she definitely through up a few clunkers, but in no way was her shot selection bad overall, nor were the shots themselves terrible. Ditto for Paluch & Young.
                            Sunny's drawing a lot more contact this year,it seems to me.With that, she's having to put the ball up a lot stronger to fight thru the contact,as a result, the balls comming off the glass too strong and instead of rolling in,it bounces out.It's hard to fight thru contact and be able to put up a soft shot.The defender only holds your arm for a very short time,otherwise the refs would spot it all the time, so your pushing against resistence & all of a sudden there's none ,resulting in a much too strong of a shot off the glass.All it takes is the defender getting away with it 2or3 times and it messes up the offensive player for the whole game,because they shoot to counter contact and there's none,or there is and it messes up your shot anyway.Last year,it seemed her shots were more open and came a lot softer off the glass.She'll adjust as the season progresses.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-14-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                              K State's Brittany Chambers, who scored her 1,000th point tonight, is a former HS teammate of Leah Dietel's.
                              The two scored over 5,300 points in high school. WOW!!

Comment

Working...
                              X