Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNIT Ticket Info

Originally posted by rabbitz
    i WAS ABLE TO GET RESERVED (NOT A SEASON HOLDER), BUT THERE WERE ALSO RESERVED SEATS OPEN AROUND ME AND DOWN BELOW, THAT WAS A BIT HORRIBLE TO SEE. aND i WAS NOT IN aa OR ee
    All the tickets were sold for the last game, but you can't force people to use them.  I will cut some folks some slack as they bought the tickets before they knew when the game was actually going to be played so they may have had some conflicts.  However, this time they should have plenty of notice and I hope all the seats have rabbit fans in them.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
      Season ticket holders had first dibs on reserved seating and they got to take as many as they wanted.
      If that is true, that is the worst ticket policy I've ever heard of!

Comment

Originally posted by Starks03
        [quote author=BTownJack link=1173397605/15#28 date=1174329096]Season ticket holders had first dibs on reserved seating and they got to take as many as they wanted.
        If that is true, that is the worst ticket policy I've ever heard of![/quote]

It's not true.  Season ticket holders can buy extra tickets, but there is a limit based on how many season tix seats you have.  I think it may be one extra ticket for each season ticket held, but I am not 100% positive.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
          [quote author=rabbitz link=1173397605/15#29 date=1174329235] i WAS ABLE TO GET RESERVED (NOT A SEASON HOLDER), BUT THERE WERE ALSO RESERVED SEATS OPEN AROUND ME AND DOWN BELOW, THAT WAS A BIT HORRIBLE TO SEE. aND i WAS NOT IN aa OR ee
          All the tickets were sold for the last game, but you can't force people to use them. I will cut some folks some slack as they bought the tickets before they knew when the game was actually going to be played so they may have had some conflicts. However, this time they should have plenty of notice and I hope all the seats have rabbit fans in them.

Go State! [/quote]

I heard they undersold a little bit for Saturday expecting some walkup on the day of the event. I know they're going to sell a few more this time... although the reserved are all gone already (within about 45 minutes of the sales window opening.) I think there are about 900 season tickets and 2100 total reserved, so that means 1200 reserved sold this afternoon. Pretty good if that's even close to correct.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
            [quote author=Starks03 link=1173397605/30#31 date=1174330671][quote author=BTownJack link=1173397605/15#28 date=1174329096]Season ticket holders had first dibs on reserved seating and they got to take as many as they wanted.

It's not true.  Season ticket holders can buy extra tickets, but there is a limit based on how many season tix seats you have.  I think it may be one extra ticket for each season ticket held, but I am not 100% positive. [/quote]
            I believe jackrabbit1979 is correct. I don't see the problem with giving season ticket holders first dibs. They are the ones that are committed enough to buy season tickets...no reason they shouldn't get preference when it comes to post-season, even if they could buy as many as they want. And I'm not even a season ticket holder!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
              [quote author=89rabbit link=1173397605/30#30 date=1174329776][quote author=rabbitz link=1173397605/15#29 date=1174329235] i WAS ABLE TO GET RESERVED (NOT A SEASON HOLDER), BUT THERE WERE ALSO RESERVED SEATS OPEN AROUND ME AND DOWN BELOW, THAT WAS A BIT HORRIBLE TO SEE. aND i WAS NOT IN aa OR ee
              All the tickets were sold for the last game, but you can't force people to use them.  I will cut some folks some slack as they bought the tickets before they knew when the game was actually going to be played so they may have had some conflicts.  However, this time they should have plenty of notice and I hope all the seats have rabbit fans in them.

Go State!  [/quote]

I heard they undersold a little bit for Saturday expecting some walkup on the day of the event. I know they're going to sell a few more this time... although the reserved are all gone already (within about 45 minutes of the sales window opening.) I think there are about 900 season tickets and 2100 total reserved, so that means 1200 reserved sold this afternoon. Pretty good if that's even close to correct.[/quote]

I kind of wondered about that, but was going with what Terry Reported in the Argus.

Go State!

Comment

They probably would have had more "walk-ups" on Saturday but it was pretty well publicized that it was nearly sold out early in the week. I am sure people didn't want to chance it and drive to Frost, wait in line, and then not get a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                  [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1173397605/30#32 date=1174331113][quote author=Starks03 link=1173397605/30#31 date=1174330671][quote author=BTownJack link=1173397605/15#28 date=1174329096]Season ticket holders had first dibs on reserved seating and they got to take as many as they wanted.

It's not true.  Season ticket holders can buy extra tickets, but there is a limit based on how many season tix seats you have.  I think it may be one extra ticket for each season ticket held, but I am not 100% positive. [/quote]
                  I believe jackrabbit1979 is correct.  I don't see the problem with giving season ticket holders first dibs.  They are the ones that are committed enough to buy season tickets...no reason they shouldn't get preference when it comes to post-season, even if they could buy as many as they want.  And I'm not even a season ticket holder![/quote]

I think its a great Idea that season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets. The part I would disagree with is season ticket holders getting as many seats as they would like. How is that good for future ticket sales? So if I don't know anyone who has season tickets and the only way I can get tickets is via the internet or phone, but it just so happens the server is down and the phone lines are jamed...I'm out of luck. In the honor of full discloser, I was able to get reserved tickets for saturday nights game, sec BB row 14...there were 10 empty seats in that row. Is that beacuse a season ticket holder reserved more tickets then needed and by doing that denied 8 people from seeing the game? Again let season ticket holders get 1st dibs on tickets, but please limit the number they can reserve. Sorry for the rant...but wake up!

Comment

[quote author=BTownJack link=1173397605/30#34 date=1174331502][quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1173397605/30#32 date=1174331113][quote author=Starks03 link=1173397605/30#31 date=1174330671][quote author=BTownJack link=1173397605/15#28 date=1174329096]Season ticket holders had first dibs on reserved seating and they got to take as many as they wanted.

I believe jackrabbit1979 is correct.  I don't see the problem with giving season ticket holders first dibs.  They are the ones that are committed enough to buy season tickets...no reason they shouldn't get preference when it comes to post-season, even if they could buy as many as they want.  And I'm not even a season ticket holder![/quote]

I think its a great Idea that season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets.  The part I would disagree with is season ticket holders getting as many seats as they would like.  How is that good for future ticket sales?  So if I don't know anyone who has season tickets and the only way I can get tickets is via the internet or phone, but it just so happens the server is down and the phone lines are jamed...I'm out of luck.  In the honor of full discloser, I was able to get reserved tickets for saturday nights game, sec BB row 14...there were 10 empty seats in that row.  Is that beacuse a season ticket holder reserved more tickets then needed and by doing that denied 8 people from seeing the game?  Again let season ticket holders get 1st dibs on tickets, but please limit the number they can reserve.  Sorry for the rant...but wake up!
                    [/quote]

As mentioned above, this policy is already in place. No need to rant any further.

Comment

I've got a question for other members. My printout for will-call tickes for the WNIT Round 3 Game (yes, GA tickets) has a Wednesday, March 21 as the date of the game on it. Is the ticket office aware of this mistake? Will my tickets still be there for me? Obviously, I still can't get through the jacks ticket hotline.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867
                        I've got a question for other members.  My printout for will-call tickes for the WNIT Round 3 Game (yes, GA tickets) has a Wednesday, March 21 as the date of the game on it.  Is the ticket office aware of this mistake?  Will my tickets still be there for me?  Obviously, I still can't get through the jacks ticket hotline.
                        Hey, the good news is you will have the whole arena to yourself! No lines for the potty, hot dogs or ice cream!.....Im sure your covered.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867
                          I've got a question for other members.  My printout for will-call tickes for the WNIT Round 3 Game (yes, GA tickets) has a Wednesday, March 21 as the date of the game on it.  Is the ticket office aware of this mistake?  Will my tickets still be there for me?  Obviously, I still can't get through the jacks ticket hotline.
                          The tickets I got for the previous game had the wrong date on them and it wasn't a problem.

Comment

I got in line at 11:15 a.m. and was 11th in line. I got the last five reserved tickets available. In my opinion the problem with the tickets has to do with the internet sales and phone sales. They should open up internet sales three or four hours after the boxoffice opens. Phone sales should not be allowed for a few hours either. The season ticket holders should get priority for their tickets so that process is just fine. The people in line should get first crack at the leftover reserved seats.

Comment

[quote author=BTownJack link=1173397605/30#34 date=1174331502][quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1173397605/30#32 date=1174331113][quote author=Starks03 link=1173397605/30#31 date=1174330671][quote author=BTownJack link=1173397605/15#28 date=1174329096]Season ticket holders had first dibs on reserved seating and they got to take as many as they wanted.

I think its a great Idea that season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets.  The part I would disagree with is season ticket holders getting as many seats as they would like.  How is that good for future ticket sales?  So if I don't know anyone who has season tickets and the only way I can get tickets is via the internet or phone, but it just so happens the server is down and the phone lines are jamed...I'm out of luck.  In the honor of full discloser, I was able to get reserved tickets for saturday nights game, sec BB row 14...there were 10 empty seats in that row.  Is that beacuse a season ticket holder reserved more tickets then needed and by doing that denied 8 people from seeing the game?  Again let season ticket holders get 1st dibs on tickets, but please limit the number they can reserve.  Sorry for the rant...but wake up!
                              [/quote]

A solution is buy season tickets and then it's a non issue.

Comment

I would agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X