X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ncaa selection!!!

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
    I am not scared of Xavier... but then I haven't researched them yet either
    Apparently their only losses are to Duke and Stanford, per Vandrovec twitter.

And, after next Sunday, to us.

Fear the rabbit.

HONEY BADGER!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Fear the rabbit.

HONEY BADGER!

Comment

X marks the spot! Time to shock the world! Or at least Xavier fans.

Agree with you filbert. Xavier didn't stirke any fear in me from the sound of it. Probably should, obviously they are good and earned a #2 seed. Xavier sure sounds better than Stanford, Tennesee, or Baylor. I'm going to check out Xavier tonight and we'll see after that.

Flights to Cincinatti probably aren't too bad. I believe Delta has a direct out of SF.

Let's go dancin!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

oops thats a little big

*fixed*

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            X marks the spot! Time to shock the world! Or at least Xavier fans.

Agree with you filbert. Xavier didn't stirke any fear in me from the sound of it. Probably should, obviously they are good and earned a #2 seed. Xavier sure sounds better than Stanford, Tennesee, or Baylor. I'm going to check out Xavier tonight and we'll see after that.

Flights to Cincinatti probably aren't too bad. I believe Delta has a direct out of SF.

Let's go dancin!

SUPERBUNNY
            Economy flight - leave Sat. return Sunday - $884 Ouch - not how I would define Economy

Comment

5 hour 30 minute drive for me. got my tickets through the Xavier site for $17 adult $11 child plus $5 for the NCAA. Section 104 Row D. Xavier is undefeated at home at 14-0. game is at Cintas Center.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                So we have a 19-13 record and #118 RPI and get a 15,and Montana is 18-14 with a #134 RPI and they get the 14. I can't imagine they played a tougher schedule.
                Problem is that, in playing that tougher schedule, the Jacks didn't get that marquee win. That coupled with a perceived "down year" we actually got a pretty good draw.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Not to be a buzz kill... well maybe that is the point.. to all you liking this just remember 2 things (1. 6'5' and 6'6") and Nancy Kerrigan...

Comment

Well, the other 2 seeds were Notre Dame, Texas A&M, or Duke.

The 3 seeds were DePaul, Miami, UCLA, Florida State.

The other 15 seeds are McNeese State, 26-6, Tennessee-Martin, 21-10, and Utah, 18-16.

The 14 seeds were Samford, 25-7, Montana, 18-14, Navy, 20-11 or Gardner-Webb, 23-10.

I guess, on a relative basis, it might have been a bit more convenient to draw one of the 3's, but then it would have been nice to win some of those games we left on the table over the course of the season, too.

Just for giggles, three years ago, we were 30-2 and a 7 seed. The 7 seeds this year: Iowa State, 22-10, Arizona State, 20-10, Louisville, 20-12, and Rutgers, 19-12.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                      I am not scared of Xavier... but then I haven't researched them yet either
                      Xavier roster...

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/w-bas...askbl-mtt.html

got some bigs.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Also, a couple Xavier fan forums.

http://www.musketeermadness.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/ (seems more active, at least in the womens bball section)
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

All I'm gonna say is that Xavier is really, really good...as a #2 seed should be.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I read the Purdue board.Xaviers two bigs, Phillips and Harris were Purdue recruits who transferred out to Xavier after the coach at the time,not sure of her name ,got in trouble with the NCAA for recruiting violations.She then went to and still is the coach at Texas Tech.Her recruits left for Xavier.Purdue claims they are in the funk they've had because of their prize recruits leaving and really don't care much for their ex-coach,don't quote me , but i think her name is Curry.Anyway, last years tournament, you might remember that Xavier should have won against Stanford ,but Jarnigan?(sp) (another Purdue recruit) missed two wide open lay ups back to back that would have won the game for Xavier.Their bigs are good.They are a tough nut to crack,but ,as far as the Tournament has gone the last three years,it's about the same kind of match up we always get,hard.Win or lose,it will be a valuable learning experience.Wish we would of got Ohio State instead,just Lavender inside instead of the "twin towers" Harris and Phillips.Go Jacks....give 'em the Honey Badger treatment!!

Comment

Thanks to JacksBassPlayer for posting this for me in its own thread, but in response to the posts about $884 airfares to cincinnati.

Try to search for fares into Dayton (60 minutes out), Louisville, yes that Louisville, (90 minutes out), Indianapolis (90 minutes out), or Columbus (2 hours out). CIncinnati (CVG) has some of the highest airfares in the land, which may explain why its a ghost town anymore. Everybody else avoids it, you should to. You were going to rent a car anyway, right?

To the person who posted about geting tickets in section 104. Not bad, thats a lower bowl corner, and the corner seats are angled to face the court. We also hosted the tournament last year, and IIRC the end zone seats on both ends are reserved for the school band, cheer, and mascots. With each of the 4 schoold getting one section. If they do it the same as last year, they will put our band in its usual game day spot (Section 118 I think), that means they will put a band from the other first round game in 117. That means your band will be in either 101 or 102. Note all the even numbered sections are in the east stands, the odd numbered sections are in the west stands. If they put your band in 102, you will have seats right next to them. (Assuming you bring your band, of course)

I admit, I don't know much about your program, but from what I have heard so far, it sounds like you are making the jump to Div I with flying colors. Congratulations on being a NCAA entry for each of the first three years. Again, for those who make the trip to Cincinnati to watch the game, safe travels and enjoy the game.

Comment

Thanks for the post and the info...always nice to have somebody from the area where we are headed, who can provide some local information!

Comment

Working...
                                X