Dear ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dear ESPN

well nip dringo will probably be doing the womens tournament again with the same old commentators. will the third year in a row finally be the one we get South Dakota State all the time or will it be same ol same ol and be called the other SDSU. time will tell.

Comment

course consider the chaos, confusion,and exploding heads if Drip Drygo and crew have to call a game if SDSU played SDSU. could happen.

Comment

Isn't the "ESPN messed up our name again" argument a great one to be in? At least we give them a chance, EVERY YEAR, to mess it up. Certain teams, to the north and south of us, haven't had that opportunity in a long time.

As long as we keep making the dance, it will make their screw ups a little easier to swallow.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          course consider the chaos, confusion,and exploding heads if Drip Drygo and crew have to call a game if SDSU played SDSU. could happen.
          "San Diego State scores"....."San Diego St,brings the ball down,stripped stolen by San Diego St," San Diego St shooting very well ,62% this half so far,to only 42% for San Diego ST thus far.....you get the picture,it would be like San Diego State playing themselves....haha

Comment

And when didn't call us San Diego State, she called us South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              And when didn't call us San Diego State, she called us South Dakota.
              atleast she got the state right then. she prolly hangs out with Flay Bingo.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Somebody ask Tyler how much he studies before a broadcast. Answer: A lot. He's a far better professional broadcaster than many of those ESPN jokers... and he's better than ALL of those Big Ten Network idiots.

It's your job. Study.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Somebody ask Tyler how much he studies before a broadcast. Answer: A lot. He's a far better professional broadcaster than many of those ESPN jokers...
                  It's your job. Study.
                  Great comment JimmyJack. Tyler does a fantastic job.

Comment

Let's hope the bigwigs at ESPN don't read this... they might just hire Tyler out from under us... although that would present an opportunity for another radio announcer... maybe one from SDSU... who has covered SDSU for his station... who is a 40-minute drive from Brookings? LOL
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      Let's hope the bigwigs at ESPN don't read this... they might just hire Tyler out from under us... although that would present an opportunity for another radio announcer... maybe one from SDSU... who has covered SDSU for his station... who is a 40-minute drive from Brookings? LOL
                      I think he has the wrong set of chromosomes for ESPN's women's basketball coverage . . .

Ooh, did I say that?
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I think he has the wrong set of chromosomes for ESPN's women's basketball coverage . . .

Ooh, did I say that?
                        What are you insinuating about Treg Wingnut ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          What are you insinuating about Treg Wingnut ?
                          Thinking about the play-by-play and color commentary people . . .

ESPN seems to be making an effort to put a certain chromosomal configuration on-air to call games . . .

I simply mildly suggest that such things may not be the best criteria upon which to select competent broadcast professionals . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thinking about the play-by-play and color commentary people . . .

ESPN seems to be making an effort to put a certain chromosomal configuration on-air to call games . . .

I simply mildly suggest that such things may not be the best criteria upon which to select competent broadcast professionals . . .
                            If they wanted a competent female Summit League broadcast analyst, Laurie Melum was available. She might have been a bit biased, but what the heck?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Per TV's Twitter, apparently the faux pas is picking up some national attention.

http://bit.ly/fh3Re0
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

If they wanted a competent female Summit League broadcast analyst, Laurie Melum was available. She might have been a bit biased, but what the heck?
                                Megan Vogel did a heck of a job also.

Comment

Working...
                                X