Dear ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear ESPN

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE... not San Diego State.

Fail.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Dear ESPN

I could understand if they were playing in California, but you would think since they are in South Dakota, they could figure it out!

Comment

Might have to give Rosalyn Gold-Onwude a pass here. Recent women's basketball player grad. out of Stanford. The other SDSU was right up the road and she was the one who made the mistake. I guess it could work both ways, if I was doing a University of San Diego game I might slip and call them South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
        Might have to give Rosalyn Gold-Onwude a pass here. Recent women's basketball player grad. out of Stanford. The other SDSU was right up the road and she was the one who made the mistake. I guess it could work both ways, if I was doing a University of San Diego game I might slip and call them South Dakota.
        no, you wouldn't. You would do your job and oh think about it.. esp. after the first time.

Comment

Too bad Tyler wasn't there helping with the play by play or color!
          When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

We need to get Trap Dingo on the case!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post

Disagree. Do your homework, know what you are talking about.

Comment

I like when they flashed on the OU students with the sign that said they were not located in Oakland Ca. Maybe our fans should do that at games.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  ?????

I watched the whole thing on ESPN3 at work. They said Gold-Onwude was the color commentator and that's who I heard make the mistake. SDSU and USD for her are San Diego State and University of San Diego. I've been so caught up at work sometimes that I've slipped a few times by calling an employee by the name of another. I'm just saying, I don't think Stanford ever played in South Dakota during her playing career and she actually played against San Diego State. She corrected herself after saying San Diego State a few times, unless there was another occasion where they called SDSU San Diego State?

Comment

That's a funny looking "aztec" they had running around,the one with the big "floppy" ears.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Exactly, you are a professional and getting paid so act like put a sticky in front of you or on your screen sitting in front of you...i did see a mirror that they checked often to make sure they looked good, maybe they should have worried about sounding good....i mean come on, act professional, and get it right. its not like SDSU hasnever been in the champ game before

Comment

I've been announcing sports on the radio for almost 10 seasons... I mess up a name or a school, I'm going to get crucified (and rightly so).... I'm sorry, these national "professionals" that are supposed to be so much better than us local yokels really need to spend more time doing their homework, instead of putting on makeup and checking their BlackBerries.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I have to admit, I thought this was going to be a

"Dear ESPN....we (the summit league) apologizes for the ****ty game production (scoreboard). We know it sucks, and caused a few delays in the game today (and last year) we hope to have a new one next year. Please come back, it will be better, we promise."

Thread.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            We need to get Trap Dingo on the case!
                            You mean Wey Tringo?

A trap Dingo, is that how you catch a honey badger?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              I've been announcing sports on the radio for almost 10 seasons... I mess up a name or a school, I'm going to get crucified (and rightly so).... I'm sorry, these national "professionals" that are supposed to be so much better than us local yokels really need to spend more time doing their homework, instead of putting on makeup and checking their BlackBerries.
                              And the yawning. I counted 3 and that was about the 3 times I looked over to them. Wonder if the score board will make the not top 10 again.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X