Oakland, 2:30 CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland, 2:30 CST

From what I could take from listening to the radio and TV chat is we are playing up to our potential and finally are starting to get healthy. Still not 100% IMO but its getting better. When lingle and sunny and young and rotert are all on and the role players do the little things, we can beat anyone. With Bingham out for ORU and Carnago out for OU, they i would guess would hate to see SDSU in the tourny. Now we need to win atleast 1 if not both the remaining games. I still think IPFW women are over achiving IMO.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      From what I could take from listening to the radio and TV chat is we are playing up to our potential and finally are starting to get healthy. Still not 100% IMO but its getting better. When lingle and sunny and young and rotert are all on and the role players do the little things, we can beat anyone. With Bingham out for ORU and Carnago out for OU, they i would guess would hate to see SDSU in the tourny. Now we need to win atleast 1 if not both the remaining games. I still think IPFW women are over achiving IMO.

If we win only one of the last two, im hoping its in Fargo and im hoping its a game like today. But lets win Monday night too and maybe get a 3 seed. OU has to go UMKC and So Utah next week.

Comment

I said it earlier in the week...

look out, this team will be dangerous in the conference tournament.

Comment

I like the resolve this team has shown this year. I had a friend of mine tell me that the win today vs. Oakland should be expected and isn't as impressive because of the injury to one of OU's top players. He couldn't be more wrong in my opinion because of the way we beat them! I certainly hope the young lady from OU will heal up, but our team has had it's share of injuries this year so we shouldn't feel slighted by beating anyone with an injury. Macie, Leah, Ashley, Megan...those are four very important players to our team and they all missed time. And we have made it through those times where players were missing to be where we are today; with 3 of those 4 players back and getting healthier, and our team playing our best ball of the season. The glass is half full!!!!!! Go Jacks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
            I like the resolve this team has shown this year. I had a friend of mine tell me that the win today vs. Oakland should be expected and isn't as impressive because of the injury to one of OU's top players. He couldn't be more wrong in my opinion because of the way we beat them! I certainly hope the young lady from OU will heal up, but our team has had it's share of injuries this year so we shouldn't feel slighted by beating anyone with an injury. Macie, Leah, Ashley, Megan...those are four very important players to our team and they all missed time. And we have made it through those times where players were missing to be where we are today; with 3 of those 4 players back and getting healthier, and our team playing our best ball of the season. The glass is half full!!!!!! Go Jacks!!!!
            You forgot about Katie. Macie, Leah, Ashley, and Katie all wore boots at one time or another this season. Megan was showing the reasons why we recruited her when she went down with the acl injury. Injuries are a part of the game. If you feel sorry for yourselves or others, you will be passed by.

Comment

Thanks 1bunnies. That makes 4 starters that missed time. We are one of a handful of teams that can handle blows like that because of the way AJ plays a ton of players each game. I'm not saying we handled it all with flying colors (our record IS 14-13) but look where we are now? Kind of reminds me of the Green Bay Packers season as they had many starters lost injury, and yet they still won it all.

Comment

We are one of the few Summit league teams that could have both the women and men win the tourney in SF.

Comment

ues that was me telling TV kerblastification. Good game by the Jacks. This game had to set a Summit League record for fewest fouls called, there were plenty but the refs let em play. Talked to the OU Athletic Director and even he said the Jacks looked liked the old Jacks in this game. Also said Carnago hurt her foot in practice this week and will have an MRI on Monday. Said it's sprained but may have a stress fracture. They also have three other girls going on medical redshirts the rest of the season.

Comment

I met Carnego and her parents at the SL tournament a couple of years ago . . . seemed like really good people. Hate to see the injury bug bite her again.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If she is out next weekend,Oakland could very easily lose both at UMKC and Southern Utah.

Comment

The Jacks are on a roll!! This win moves us to over 500 (14&13) for the first time since we started the season at 3&2.
                        Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Rebounds,rebounds and more rebounds.....crazy!Jacks get 50 caroms to 23 for the Griz....unreal.Every single player,all eleven,got at least one rebound.Steph Paluch only got 4 min. playing time,....and she got one.Now that's what I call a team effort to grab rebounds.Jacks are looking to be one scary team heading toward the conference tournament.Mondays game looms as a huge preview of a possible #2 vs #3 seed match up if Oakland falters and we keep cruising ......Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Rebounds,rebounds and more rebounds.....crazy!Jacks get 50 caroms to 23 for the Griz....unreal.Every single player,all eleven,got at least one rebound.Steph Paluch only got 4 min. playing time,....and she got one.Now that's what I call a team effort to grab rebounds.Jacks are looking to be one scary team heading toward the conference tournament.Mondays game looms as a huge preview of a possible #2 vs #3 seed match up if Oakland falters and we keep cruising ......Go Jacks!
                            wow! a great start on a difficult final stretch! oakland has been a tough place for both men and women. thought this would be a close game, but, end up in the "L" column. don't mind being proven wrong at all! appears this team is gaining more confidence, and, sunny and lingle seem to be turning out to be a duo to be reckoned with! keep it up jacks!!! (although, we knew sunny has good "offense").
                            Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Having Lingle and Sunnarborg on the floor together definitely helps the rebounding. But to provide some reality about yesterday's stats,without Carnago(6'4") ,Oakland doesn't have anyone over 5'11", and when the opposing team only shoots 30% there are a lot of rebounds to be had. That being said,it was still a very impressive team performance and hopefully the start of a streak that will continue into Sioux Falls.

Comment

what a way to avenge the blowouts they suffered at the O'rena the last few years

Comment

Working...
                                X