X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    oru up big, end of game, shot clock off, takes last second shot.= classless
    classless--thats what i said to there coach when he was leaving and he just waved and said thank you.

Comment

If it wasn't for Sunnarborg (8-11) 21 pts, and a flu weakened Macy ( 10 pts), this defeat would have been much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
        classless--thats what i said to there coach when he was leaving and he just waved and said thank you.
        where do you think the players get if from.

Comment

That was one of the worst displays of passing that I have seen. We could not even execute short passes. Having not seen ORU in person before,I was expecting they would be a lot quicker than the Jacks,but there was not as much difference as I thought there would be. But they had been very well-coached and seemed to know what was coming and where the ball was going. Also,they ran the pick and roll on offense all night,and we acted like we had never seen it before.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            That was one of the worst displays of passing that I have seen. We could not even execute short passes. Having not seen ORU in person before,I was expecting they would be a lot quicker than the Jacks,but there was not as much difference as I thought there would be. But they had been very well-coached and seemed to know what was coming and where the ball was going. Also,they ran the pick and roll on offense all night,and we acted like we had never seen it before.
            This is a very poor shooting 3 pt team.Maybe we should run a different offense,one that doesn't depend on the three so much,or find some players that can shoot three pointers.Seventeen out of our measly 43 shots were 3 ptrs,we hit on only four(23 1/2%)We shot much better at 2 pt range (57 1/2%)Sunnarborg was most of that though,(8-11).Oru got 31 more shots than we did,we give the ball up too easily.
            Lots to work on for this team to become a successful basketball team.

Comment

I'm sorry but I just don't see this team going very deep into the Summit Tourney.
              When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

When the PA announcer said look at the big screen for tonight's play of the game I turned to my wife and friends and siad it will probably be a turnover. We are not a very good basketball team right now and may not have to worry about a Summit League tourney.
                Last edited by 1bunnies; 01-09-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  The passing is what killed us last night. Bounce passes were the correct passes to make, but you have to put something behind the pass. Cross court passes just lofted are easily picked off and they were. I was really expecting ORU to be a lot faster than the Jacks but it didn't seem like that last night. Still need the seniors to show the leadership and it just isn't happening right now.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I thought they were WAY faster last night, just my opinion. Their team speed completely stifled us. In fact, we look as slow as I've seen us look in 10-15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                      I thought they were WAY faster last night, just my opinion. Their team speed completely stifled us. In fact, we look as slow as I've seen us look in 10-15 years.
                      Yes, Yes and Yes!
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                        where do you think the players get if from.
                        That is a pretty big leap to refer to the players as "classless". As an ORU women's basketball follower the last couple of years, I have not seen a pattern that leads me to believe these players are classless.

However, I was also surprised that last shot was taken. It wasn't necessary and hopefully it doesn't happen again. I chalk this one up to a young player that should have known better.

Comment

r2b1...Isn't one of the things ORU's coach famous for is kicking a ball into the stands during a game last year?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                            r2b1...Isn't one of the things ORU's coach famous for is kicking a ball into the stands during a game last year?
                            I was commenting about the players. It was a big leap to refer to the players as classless.

Comment

oru up big, end of game, shot clock off, takes last second shot.= classless
                              If you play defense to the final buzzer, she doesn't shoot.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

When football was over, I kept saying well maybe the men can surprise us this year but atleast we have the womens team. Now I keep thinking hope the men make a run in the summit tourney because we are going to be in the bottom half 5-8 seed and its gonna be rough to get out of a second round if we even win the first one. Now I keep thinking I can't wait for football season to start again. I guess thats the best thing about sports, every year is a new start.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X