Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbits v Washington State

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    72-61 is the final....I predicted 74-62 and people scoffed!

Good win, Jackrabbits!
    Maybe it's just me,but it seems we really can score,it's just that no one really stands out this year , except for Sunnarborg anchoring the middle.Not too many big crowd pleasing 3 ptrs this year.It's been more hard work type baskets,which aren't quite as exciting to see,and leaves the impression that were struggling to score.
    The 08-09 team was all glitzy showtime stuff with all the 3's raining down.
    I noticed this by listening on the radio at work, I didn't hear from Tyler so much anymore " so and so for three,good again,she's now 5-6 from 3 pt land",etc.
    I think we got spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Maybe it's just me,but it seems we really can score,it's just that no one really stands out this year , except for Sunnarborg anchoring the middle.Not too many big crowd pleasing 3 ptrs this year.It's been more hard work type baskets,which aren't quite as exciting to see,and leaves the impression that were struggling to score.
      The 08-09 team was all glitzy showtime stuff with all the 3's raining down.
      I noticed this by listening on the radio at work, I didn't hear from Tyler so much anymore " so and so for three,good again,she's now 5-6 from 3 pt land",etc.
      I think we got spoiled.
      Sadly, 2 of those that would light up the 3 pt line are still there but not able to pull it off this year. Maybe the stress of being the leaders on this team. I think we miss the Boever, Wark, Vogel, Schlagel, type, multi weapons player. passing shooting from deep, yet can drive to the bucket or post up. When we have a player do that it opened up so much more for the rest of the team. this year we do not a a player who can shoot, post, or drive. Rotert could but is not as strong i feel to be that type of player.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        I like the new approach to the game .....
        "We're trying to work together instead of one person working to get a shot," sophomore Ashley Eide said.
        Hope they can build on this and become the team I know they can be.
        It was good to see the Tourovers cut down int he 2nd half. I dont know why Tournovers are such a problems with many of of the womens teams from past years too.

What would really help is playing some tenacious D. And I am not talking about the band, but that couldnt hurt to play them either, but serious efforts on the D end of things. I think we let our Offense get so good we forgot to keep hammering home the D to lead to the offense. Now the offense is lacking consistant play from most everyone, the D needs to be outstanding.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          It was good to see the Tourovers cut down int he 2nd half. I dont know why Tournovers are such a problems with many of of the womens teams from past years too.
          This is the key. Turnovers lead to unorganized defense and easier shots for the opponent. That leads to easy buckets and can extend a lead or worsen a deficit. Next, you start feeling like you need to force it on offense and get out of a flow, start taking contested shots, miss shots which again lead to breaks for the other team.

So, need to limit the turnovers, get good shots and allow our women to play set defense.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            This is the key. Turnovers lead to unorganized defense and easier shots for the opponent. That leads to easy buckets and can extend a lead or worsen a deficit. Next, you start feeling like you need to force it on offense and get out of a flow, start taking contested shots, miss shots which again lead to breaks for the other team.

So, need to limit the turnovers, get good shots and allow our women to play set defense.
            Yeppers, the best way to do that, as Bobby Night says, make the right pass. Not an extra pass, but to know when and were to deleiver the ball to your teammate. The right pass will give them a better chance to hold on to and receive the ball then to score or advance the ball as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Yeppers, the best way to do that, as Bobby Night says, make the right pass. Not an extra pass, but to know when and were to deleiver the ball to your teammate. The right pass will give them a better chance to hold on to and receive the ball then to score or advance the ball as needed.
              Bobby "Night"?

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                Bobby "Night"?
                Knight, Nite, Night. same difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                  Maybe the death of her Grandmother? is weighing heavy on her mind and she is having trouble focusing. Just a thought.
                  thought about that also. something is up with her and I really hope she works it out and gets things going. She like the rest of the team is a great kid, and she could really be an asset for this team.

Comment

Tara's a great kid...you won't find a better student in the classroom and when she's in a game situation, she works real hard (e.g. the one game she got in: 14 points in 9 minutes including 4/4 from three-point land).

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      thought about that also. something is up with her and I really hope she works it out and gets things going. She like the rest of the team is a great kid, and she could really be an asset for this team.
                      I'm pretty confident that she's getting the support she needs to get through any tough times she's riding through. SDSU is like that.

(And if she's not, I want to know about it. I'll raise the appropriate heck.)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X