WNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WNIT

IMPO, SDSU was much better suited to be in the WNIT this year rather than IN THE NCAA DANCE (even if we were eligible).

We are getting HOME GAMES against SOME OF THE BEST TEAMS in D-I. We're demonstrating that we are a D-I quality team, and that South Dakota will BACK a strong D-I team. A lot of other schools will be looking at our success, and hope to duplicate or repeat.

If we had gone to the NCAA's we would have at best been about a 12 seed. Up against a BCS power and likely eliminated 1st round. Games would have been played elsewhere.

We have a better shot at winning the WNIT than pulling a Marist, and making the sweet 16, only to get to play a TN in the next round.

We are the "cinderella" story, that is showing how fabulous SDSU athletics are, and how well supported we are. Next year, we will have an easier time getting name programs to schedule us, and even sign home-n-home matches, because of our success this year.

Each additional home game will benefit the WNIT and SDSU as well or better than other schools.

Here's to a DEEP RUN in the WNIT!!

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, hasn't there been some coaches of "bubble" teams that have expressed a preference to be in the NIT/WNIT over the NCAA because of the increased likelihood of making a deep tournament run and gaining the extra experience for future seasons?

If SDSU were to win the WNIT, we would accomplish (short of going undefeated) every thing that a school in transition could ever dream of accomplishing or allowed to do. That, my friends, would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
        IMPO, SDSU was much better suited to be in the WNIT this year rather than IN THE NCAA DANCE (even if we were eligible).  

We are getting HOME GAMES against SOME OF THE BEST TEAMS in D-I.  We're demonstrating that we are a D-I quality team, and that South Dakota will BACK a strong D-I team.  A lot of other schools will be looking at our success, and hope to duplicate or repeat.

If we had gone to the NCAA's we would have at best been about a 12 seed.  Up against a BCS power and likely eliminated 1st round.  Games would have been played elsewhere.

We have a better shot at winning the WNIT than pulling a Marist, and making the sweet 16, only to get to play a TN in the next round.

We are the "cinderella" story, that is showing how fabulous SDSU athletics are, and how well supported we are.   Next year, we will have an easier time getting name programs to schedule us, and even sign home-n-home matches, because of our success this year.

Each additional home game will benefit the WNIT and SDSU as well or better than other schools.

Absolutely agree.  

It's time to point the truck south and try to pick up my ticket before they clear the building.  I'm going to try and avoid the will call window at 6:30.

GO JACKRABBITS
        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit

We are getting HOME GAMES against SOME OF THE BEST TEAMS in D-I.  We're demonstrating that we are a D-I quality team, and that South Dakota will BACK a strong D-I team.  A lot of other schools will be looking at our success, and hope to duplicate or repeat.

If we had gone to the NCAA's we would have at best been about a 12 seed.  Up against a BCS power and likely eliminated 1st round.  Games would have been played elsewhere.

We are the "cinderella" story, that is showing how fabulous SDSU athletics are, and how well supported we are.   Next year, we will have an easier time getting name programs to schedule us, and even sign home-n-home matches, because of our success this year.

Excellent points. Each win earns us even more recognition. Lets not be satisfied. I don't think AJ, Megan, Andrea, Courtney, Jen, etc.. want anything less than the title. It seems improbable (for some reason I can't explain) but ultimately possible.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X