Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNIT

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/70212047

Brief article online for the argus leader. It looks like they are aware of us.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: WNIT

Dang, you got that up quick.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Atleast now we know that they are talking about us. It will be a little while till we know for sure but its good news to me. How many total teams are in the WNIT?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

48 in the WNIT, 64 in the NCAA tourney.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It would be hard to think that we wouldnt be chosen. Frankly i think we are more then good enough to compete in the NCAA tourny right now. With out having a chance to play the NCAAs that the WNIT would give a chance for our women to not only make the tourny but make a serious run at it. wouldnt that be something to win the WNIT as a transitional indepentant team.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I wanted to pose a question and see what people thought. Some on this board and others I've talked to in the public say it would be awesome to get matched up with Minnesota in the WNIT to validate our first win against them. People have gone on to say it would be even better if we got to play them in Frost. While the chances of this happening are unknown to all of us, I'm wondering if this matchup were to take place, would we actually get the game at Frost? I'm willing to bet Minnesota out draws us at the gate and since the WNIT committee uses that as a factor in where to host games, we would likely be playing up in Williams Arena again.

Let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
              I wanted to pose a question and see what people thought.  Some on this board and others I've talked to in the public say it would be awesome to get matched up with Minnesota in the WNIT to validate our first win against them.  People have gone on to say it would be even better if we got to play them in Frost.  While the chances of this happening are unknown to all of us, I'm wondering if this matchup were to take place, would we actually get the game at Frost?  I'm willing to bet Minnesota out draws us at the gate and since the WNIT committee uses that as a factor in where to host games, we would likely be playing up in Williams Arena again.  

Williams Arena is the host to the first and second rds of the womens ncaa tourney so the gophers may some scheduling conlficts with a WNIT home game.
              Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                I wanted to pose a question and see what people thought.  Some on this board and others I've talked to in the public say it would be awesome to get matched up with Minnesota in the WNIT to validate our first win against them.  People have gone on to say it would be even better if we got to play them in Frost.  While the chances of this happening are unknown to all of us, I'm wondering if this matchup were to take place, would we actually get the game at Frost?  I'm willing to bet Minnesota out draws us at the gate and since the WNIT committee uses that as a factor in where to host games, we would likely be playing up in Williams Arena again.  

I don't know jack but I think the U of M would probably host over the Jacks. Again, just seems most likely to me. Now, if AJ and Dr. Oien can point out that post-season games at Frost have traditionally drawn 6-8,000 fans we might have a chance. I'm not really worried much about hosting a game. I just want to see this team get the recognition it deserves.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by gatewayrabbit
                  Williams Arena is the host to the first and second rds of the womens ncaa tourney so the gophers may some scheduling conlficts with a WNIT home game.
                  Well, there you go.

Comment

WNIT first round is March 14-16. WNIT second round is March 16-18. It's entirely possible the Jacks may get a first-round bye in the WNIT if their RPI and other ratings hold up. More likely in my mind is that they'll look at us as the new kids on the block and make us earn our way. We shall see, however . . .

Williams Arena hosts the NCAA first and second rounds March 17 and March 19.

The entire WNIT schedule:
                    The 2007 Postseason WNIT will feature 16 first-round games, followed by 16 second-round games, eight third-round games, four quarterfinal games, two semifinal games and the championship. All games in the single-elimination format are played at the home facilities of participating schools.

Here are the possible dates for each round:
                    Round 1 March 14-16
                    Round 2 March 16-18
                    Round 3 March 19-21
                    Quarterfinals March 23-25
                    Semifinals March 26-28
                    Championship March 31

The WNIT field will be announced Monday, March 12, following the NCAA Tournament selections.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                      [quote author=gatewayrabbit link=1171337217/0#6 date=1171421998]
                      Well, there you go.[/quote]

Ahh, yes...now I remember...thanks for the info!!!

Comment

I was under the impression that who hosts the games was strictly decided by bids and not by any other factor. That could be in our favor because I can't imagine SDSU wouldn't put in a strong bid. It would be huge for all of SDSU Athletics to host a game and we would ceratinly fill Frost up for games!

If the criteria is different than that, it would have to be far less likely that we host a game.

My hope is:

1. We get to host a game!
                        2. If we travel it is within a reasonable drive to go to the game!

First things first, the ladies need to take care of their business or all this speculation is moot!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

If we were to travel it would most likely be to a team in this region...Time will tell what is going to happen to us.

Comment

Well I did some fact finding about the WNIT from the last two years and here is what I found.

For 2006:

Out of the total 41 games played, the home team won 36 times. The team that won last years WNIT was Kansas St. and they hosted every game at home and of course won every game. The second place team, Marquette, hosted every game at home, except the championship game and they won every game at home and lost the only road game they played. Prior to the WNIT, Kansas St,was ranked No. 54 in the NCAA RPI and Marquette was ranked No. 57.

For 2005:

Out of the total 31 games played, the home team won 25 times. The team that won the 2005 WNIT was Southwest Missouri St. (I think this is now Missouri St.) and they hosted every game at home and won every game. The second place team, West Virginia, played two games on the road and lost the championship game on the road. I could not find the NCAA RPI rankings for 2005.

In summary, it is very important to play games at home and teams with RPI's in the mid-50's don't always make it to the NCAA tourney, but are very successful in the WNIT.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Great post here...good work NorCalJack. And you are right...Southwest Missouri State recently changed their name to Missouri State.

Comment

Working...
                              X