Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice outing for TK, scattered out 3 hits and had 8 K's. Looks like a nice facility up in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Nice outing for TK, scattered out 3 hits and had 8 K's. Looks like a nice facility up in Fargo.
      you are correct. that is a very nice outing!!
      for TK in her Summit career, however, anything more than one hit and / or less than 10 Ks almost feels like a not good outing. that is how GREAT she is / has been))!!

lots of hard hit balls with no results today and some good defensive plays by the bison today to hold the Jacks to a single run

Comment

The all-turf fields are the way to go in a climate like ours.

Comment

Jacks shutout the Gophers 7-0 in Mpls! Tollefson playing again. What an athlete.

Comment

What would have been the reason to out Lasey in the circle instead of TK?

Comment

What would have been the reason to out Lasey in the circle instead of TK?
              No reason to put your ace on the mound for a mid week non-conference game this late in the season.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jacks sleepwalk through game one yesterday to lose their first game in conference play in 2 years
                come back and win game 2 and that clinches the regular season championship (UNO could have won it if they were able to sweep the Jacks this weekend)

in series final
                bottom of 2 Jacks get a 2 run HR from Jocelyn. Boyle hits a double but for some reason they do not use a pinch runner for her and she does not score on a Jarecki single up the middle

both teams save their aces in this one, neither TK or Meyer takes the circle
                Lasey pitches the first inning but does not come out in the second

personally, I do not like the message it sends if we lose 2 of 3 in the final week of the season to a team that has been the VERY CLEAR second best team in the conference, but also clearly behind the Jacks! Coach Mc seems satisfied with winning the season crown

after Williams gave up 4 runs to start the 2nd, Coach Mc goes to Herman in the circle who has thrown less than 15 innings on the season

I was VERY SURPRISED to see Barnard pitching in game 2 yesterday (she did pitch well !!) I had assumed she was hurt since she played the huge majority of the OOC schedule and batted either first or second. upon getting to conference season she has not played at all- maybe the first game vs USD but she has not had a single AB since the first weekend of conference play. WHY?

same with Gentry. she had not looked close to as productive as Barnard, but she played in the majority of OOC games and like Barnard has not played in conference season

what is the reason for giving these 2 so many ABs OOC and cementing them to the bench when conference season comes around??

also hoping there is nothing wrong with our top 2 pitchers. hopefully it is just caution, but TK only went 4 innings yesterday and did not start today. Shannon went 3 innings yesterday and only pitched the first inning today. neither one of them seemed to have their best stuff for the weekend

UNO leading 7-4 after 3 innings

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  Jacks sleepwalk through game one yesterday to lose their first game in conference play in 2 years
                  come back and win game 2 and that clinches the regular season championship (UNO could have won it if they were able to sweep the Jacks this weekend)

in series final
                  bottom of 2 Jacks get a 2 run HR from Jocelyn. Boyle hits a double but for some reason they do not use a pinch runner for her and she does not score on a Jarecki single up the middle

both teams save their aces in this one, neither TK or Meyer takes the circle
                  Lasey pitches the first inning but does not come out in the second

personally, I do not like the message it sends if we lose 2 of 3 in the final week of the season to a team that has been the VERY CLEAR second best team in the conference, but also clearly behind the Jacks! Coach Mc seems satisfied with winning the season crown

after Williams gave up 4 runs to start the 2nd, Coach Mc goes to Herman in the circle who has thrown less than 15 innings on the season

I was VERY SURPRISED to see Barnard pitching in game 2 yesterday (she did pitch well !!) I had assumed she was hurt since she played the huge majority of the OOC schedule and batted either first or second. upon getting to conference season she has not played at all- maybe the first game vs USD but she has not had a single AB since the first weekend of conference play. WHY?

same with Gentry. she had not looked close to as productive as Barnard, but she played in the majority of OOC games and like Barnard has not played in conference season

what is the reason for giving these 2 so many ABs OOC and cementing them to the bench when conference season comes around??

also hoping there is nothing wrong with our top 2 pitchers. hopefully it is just caution, but TK only went 4 innings yesterday and did not start today. Shannon went 3 innings yesterday and only pitched the first inning today. neither one of them seemed to have their best stuff for the weekend

UNO leading 7-4 after 3 innings
                  TK had major control issues yesterday. Threw over 100 pitches in her 4 innings, and walked the bases full in the inning that Omaha scored their runs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

TK had major control issues yesterday. Threw over 100 pitches in her 4 innings, and walked the bases full in the inning that Omaha scored their runs.
                    yes, I guess that is what i was referring to when I said neither pitcher had their best stuff. Shannon also walked a lot of batters in her 4+ innings on the weekend

I am hoping it was just a case of TK being slightly off and deciding to save a few innings, because she has obviously thrown WAY over 100 pitches on a lot of occasions. last year vs UNO she pitched 14 innings in one game. she has topped 150 pitches more than a few times in her career so I dont think the 100 pitches alone should have been a concern

on another note, gotta guess that Barnard got hurt somewhere along the way and is just coming back. they pinch hit her the last few innings today. if she can get back to early season form, she give the bats another good bat!!

Comment

Working...
                    X