No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
    TK hasn't thrown in several days. Anyone know if thats just a coaching plan or if she is hurt?
    i was concerned when she did not start either game on tuesday vs FSU. had not said anything cuz i was starting to think i was just writing notes to myself here. i think there had been maybe 2 or 3 comments about softball all season outside of mine and lakejack commented yesterday about the baseball team beating ORU, i think that was the first baseball comment by anyone other than me

the softball team has to be disappointed with really only getting one win in several chances against all the ranked teams they have scheduled. I believe they were trying to give themselves the option of an at large bid to the NCAAs, should they happen to not win the SLT like last year. I do not think the one win against Arkansas and several close losses (along with several blowouts) is going to get us an at large bid

that said, If the rest of the summit teams are thinking this is the year to get easy wins against the Jacks they are far from correct. the other top teams in current conference standings have deceptive records. the jacks have played a far tougher schedule. UNO for instance has only played 7 true road games and they have already played 4 home games

the Jacks have played 17 true road games, including 9 games against home teams ranked in the top 20. again UNO has played ONLY 7 actual road games. the jacks have played 9 road games against top ranked teams!! unfortunately, it did not have the result we wanted (a few wins to help get us an at large bid), but hopefully the experience will still pay off when we get back to league games.

UNO also played Arkansas twice
    they scored a total of 4 runs and were outscored 14-4 and lost both games convincingly

the Jacks scored 10 runs and out scored Arkansas 10-7 for the series and very easily could have won both games

USD played OSU twice last week
    they scored 6 runs and outscored 11-6

Jacks are still going in game 2 but currently have scored 15 runs in one game and 6 innings and currently outscored OSU 15-10 for the two games

if TK cannot return, OBVIOUSLY that is a HUGE problem!! but the offense appears to be pretty easily the best in the summit

even considering the tough schedule we have played, Jarecki and Culver are easily the two best hitters in the league

Comment

Still hoping Shannon can get some confidence from today
      first 5 innings she gave up one hit and one walk

in the 6th with a 7-0 lead, she walked the leadoff batter (should never never happen with a 7 run lead. literally put the ball on a tee if you have to and give your defense a chance. even if she threw nothing but meatballs right down the middle chances are good they cannot hit 7 HR to tie the game)

then gave up a hit. then two hit batters. ended up giving up 3 earned runs

she should have been pulled as soon as she walked a batter

that said she have 5 very very good innings!!! hopefully she can start league play feeling good about that!!

Comment

Jacks win 7-3

outscore OSU 15-10 for the two games

obviously it is hard when you cannot see anything but a box score!!

gonna give Shannon a break on walking the OSU leadoff hitter with a 7-0 lead. Herman (who came in to relieve Shannon) walked her again in the 7th

based on that i am going to guess she is the style of leadoff hitter who has a difficult stance and tries to work walks. maybe she is very small. again i cannot see it so i am guessing. but the fact she is a leadoff hitter and she worked TWO walks in the 6th and 7th inning when her team was losing by a lot, makes me think she is a player who is talented at getting walked

that said, it would have been great if Shannon did not follow that with two hit batters

regardless Jacks get a nice win against a team with a VERY respectable record!!!!

Jarecki and Culver both homered today. they are having great years!!!

ROZ continues to show signs of getting back to herself
        Dumont is very solid and again we cannot see most of the games, but it still appears that these two players are hitting a lot of hard balls that are ending up as outs.

Emma O has been icy cold the last 10 or 11 games but hopefully she can get hot again soon!!! her overall numbers are still very good from her insanely hot start

Comment

I happened to catch the end of the Kentucky game. The announcers mentioned something about an injured Jacks pitcher. They didn't say any name.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            I happened to catch the end of the Kentucky game. The announcers mentioned something about an injured Jacks pitcher. They didn't say any name.
            Dang, I hope thats not right but its looking more like there is an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              i was not able to watch the kentucky game, although I dont think it would have been much fun to watch((
              seems they had to be talking about TK pretty much everyone else has pitched since then

just hoping that whatever it is, is not season ending!! (HELLO Cpt obvious)

the Jacks do not play UNO until the final weekend, If she could return before that and be ready for postseason play, I think the Jacks can probably win any other league series just with their offense.

obviously, if we hope to make any noise in the postseason we have to have TK back

Comment

i should have pointed out that Shannon was having a bad year and Emma had gone cold sooner.

Emma has a double and a homer today
                Shannon has gone 4 innings and given up 1 BB and 1 wild pitch, along with just a couple hits

Ali Boyle has been solid since her recent return to playing regularly. 2 hits and an RBI sac fly today
                Lindsey Culver remains nuclear hot with 2 doubles and a triple today

Comment

Shannon gives up a leadoff 4 pitch walk and a double in the fifth.

then did not throw another ball the rest of the inning and proceeded to get an inning ending double play to get out of the inning with no runs given up

Jacks win 9-1

USD in vermillion next week
                  coyotettes are having a decent OOC season, but I believe the Jacks are just going to have too much offense for them and every other summit team, except maybe UNO

usd played OSU 2 times last week and scored 3 and 3. Jacks played OSU this week and scored 8 and 7

hopefully TK comes back soon!!

also, Barnard has not played the last two games. hopefully nothing serious going on with her!

Comment

TK starts the game in Verm. Game is on Midco sports.

Comment

Jarecki on base at least 6 times through one game and 5 innings, plus 4 stolen bases.

both Carillo sisters, plus Mia homer in game one

Emma O 3 hits and 3 RBI so far in game two

the Jacks offense is going to be too much for everyone in the Summit, except maybe UNO

Comment

Culver having a quiet day at the plate, but in the bottom of the 5th she makes a nice play at the wall and ends the inning with a diving catch on a foul ball

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                          TK starts the game in Verm. Game is on Midco sports.
                          after about a week and a half off, TK comes back and throws a no hitter for the second start in a row. no hits, 1 walk, 9 Ks

Comment

TK with her 3rd no hitter in 4 starts this one of the 5 inning variety, as the Jacks run rule UND to finish the series sweep

Comment

Did not watch Jacks bat in the first, but in the second and third, Jacks smoke 3 balls with nothing to show for it

bison CF takes away hits from Dumont and Culver running back and reaching over her head (culver at the fence after having a HR to LF already) Jarecki smoked a ball directly at the 3b

Jacks leading 1-0 on the Culver 1st inning solo HR so far

Comment

HOW GOOD has Lindsey Culver been this year (I would say it is a tie between her and Jarecki for POY with Emma O just a little behind)?

bison intentionally walk her to LOAD the bases and bring up former POY Carillo

Roz hit the ball up the middle. bison SS makes an excellent diving stop and gets the ball to the second baseman JUST in time to get the force and end the inning

still 1-0 Jacks going to bottom of 5

Comment

Working...
                                X