No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    TEN walks and SIX wild pitches and we had a shot to cut the lead to 2 with 2 innings to go
    Gentry and Culver back to back Ks to end 5th with the bases loaded

way to battle and at least give ourselves a chance!!!!
    down 7-1 we have 6 hits they have 3
    Were all the hits singles and spread out, seems like we should drive in more than 1 on six hits.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Were all the hits singles and spread out, seems like we should drive in more than 1 on six hits.
      hey JD saturday is a long time and quite a few rabbits sporting events ago for an old brain like mine to remember precisely)) haha
      but as I recall, my comment was made at the end of 5 innings. so there is a way to have 6 hits in 5 innings and only manage one run. most likely the one run came in the only inning with more than one hit

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

hey JD saturday is a long time and quite a few rabbits sporting events ago for an old brain like mine to remember precisely)) haha
        but as I recall, my comment was made at the end of 5 innings. so there is a way to have 6 hits in 5 innings and only manage one run. most likely the one run came in the only inning with more than one hit
        Sorry, I guess that's a lot to keep in the old memory bank, I wasn't thinking. You do a lot and thanks for keeping us informed and up to date the best you can. Hope we can start stringing some singles, or extra base hits together more frequently.

Comment

well there is no way for us to know it, but I felt like the BB numbers for our pitchers last week were suspicious. It does not prove that i was right to be suspicious, but TK stats looked a LOT more like TK today. complete game vs Purdue, ZERO walks (11 in only 5 innings last time out), and 13 Ks!!, gave up 3 hits today and 1 hit batter and 1 earned run

bats also were good today and the Jacks knock off Purdue 5-1 in the week 3 opener

Jacks play S Illinois at 6pm. i dont want to look it up at this moment, but i am pretty sure UNO beat SIU pretty comfortably in their opening week. i also think i remember that K Meyer pitched in that game, obviously we will not be pitching our ace later today

Comment

Nope I was wrong. UNO beat N Illinois in their opening week. S Illinois is actually off to a strong start at 6-2 with wins over Creighton and Iowa. losing 3-4 is not a bad loss, but these are the games the Jacks definitely need to start winning if they want to have any shot at an at large bid if needed, or more importantly to improve their seeding and chances to win a regional

Comment

TK makes another strong showing in game one today. hopefully she is getting into her groove! TK dominates a UCA team that was EXCELLENT last year and the Jacks get game one.

solid performance from everyone in game two vs Purdue and the Jacks go undefeated on the day.

Jacks go for their first 3 game win streak of the season tomorrow morning. hoping we get TK in the circle again, but i could imagine someone else getting the start since UCA saw TK today

Comment

double header with Ok St starts at 4 today

disappointing loss on Sunday. Jacks were in good position to get the win, go 3 games over .500, and head into Stillwater with some nice momentum

starting today the Jacks have 11 games against 5 teams ranked in the top 20 over the next two and a half weeks.

Comment

well??? what can you say about Tuesday?

Ok St is the highest ranked team on our schedule this year, so we should have expected them to be tough, NO DOUBT! did we expect to get outscored 21-2 in 11 innings for the two game combined.

through 5 1/2 innings we were down 2-4 and playing competitive. Ok St got hot in the bottom of the 6th and did not take their foot off the gas the rest of the night. plenty of credit to our opponent!! would have been nice to at least put up a competitive score in one of the games

on to Fayetteville, the Jacks gauntlet continues with a game vs #14 Arkansas beginning at 4pm today

Arkansas is 13-3
                  UNO had two at least somewhat competitive games with the hogs, losing 9-2 and 5-2 two weeks ago
                  Arkansas avenged 2 of their 3 losses splitting with Arizona two weeks agao
                  last week they lost a matchup with a respectable Wichita St team and then turned around and beat them 15-4. they followed that with another double digit victory, so they were hot to end last week

Jackrabbits single season HR record holder (19 HR in back to back seasons) Cylie Halvorson has started every game for Arkansas. she is batting .326 with 16 hits, 4 doubles, and 4 HR. she is second on the team in HR and slugging percent

we play Arkansas 2x this weekend. I believe the Jacks can make these competitive games!, we also play 2 games against Florida Atlantic and 2 more against Southeast Missouri

Comment

MUCH better performance today!! Jacks fall 3-4 and actually outhit the hogs 8-7

i would say probably Lasey's best performance so far this year

Jacks play at 10am and 12:30pm tomorrow SEMU and FAU respectively. i know nothing about those teams but the Jacks need to follow a solid performance today with two Ws tomorrow. we have struggled with consistency so far and it is time to start putting good games together

Comment

tough day yesterday- nuff said

Jacks coming up in the top of 6
                      facing Arkansas on Arkansas's field

Jacks have Jarecki and the top of the order coming up leading 6-3

Oh BTW
                      for the weekend
                      in four full games plus 5+ innings currently, Jarecki has 9 hits and 5 walks. the nine hits include a double, a triple, and 2 HR

Comment

Jacks top of order go 3 up 3 down in top of 6

the Hogettes coming to bat in bottom of 6

the Arkansas 7 batter will start the inning

Oh BTW former Jack great Halvorson is 1 for 2 off of TK. she singled in her first AB and K in her second

Comment

Jacks WIN!!!!!! 7 to 3 over top 20 Arkansas

Jacks added a run in the top of the 7th

leadoff double by Culver (2 for 3 for the game with a double and a HR) and get her around to score a big insurance run

TK goes all 7
                          153 pitches
                          maybe not her best but 9 Ks helped her to work around 7 hits and 7 walks giving up only 3 runs

Jacks so far this year have been unable to play good softball for more than 2 games in a row. HOPE HOPE HOPING tomorrow morning they put an end to that trend!!!! FAU is a very good softball team, but we really played well enough to beat them yesterday!! take away 3 first inning walks and we probably do

This is a HUGE win over a top 20 team. If the girls pick up in the morning and continue with good softball, then I think today is the turning point, in what has potential to be the best season in Jacks softball history!!

i do not believe they have to win tomorrow but we have to play well and make FAU play their best to beat us. gotta think TK is unavailable after 153 pitches today

Comment

Jacks were scheduled to play 3 games this weekend against #3 rated Duke. yesterdays game was cancelled at some point during the week before the Friday DH. after the cancellation, the Jacks added a DH for today vs Kennesaw St

all of that was probably a bit of a blessing. After the big W last saturday vs Arkansas, Jacks lost 3 in a row. last sunday they had a one point game with FAU going into the bottom of the 5th, but lost by 5. TK kept us in the first game with Duke on Friday. held them scoreless through 4. gave up 3 runs in the 5th and nothing more, but the offense only put up 3 hits. Jacks lost game 2, 0-7

after a 3 game losing skid, it was probably good to get an opponent not ranked in the top 20

TK threw a no hitter in game 1 vs KSU. also no walks. one runner reached base via HBP to ruin the perfect game. Jacks win 2-0
                            Lasey proceeded to continue the no hitter for the first 4 innings of game 2 but continues to struggle giving up walks. 4 BBs through 5 innings.

Jacks currently leading 3-1 with KSU batting in the bottom of 6. another BB in the 6th but no more hits or runs

Jacks go to the 7th still leading 3-1

on a concerning note true freshman Barnard has not played in either game today. she has started 25 of 26 games this year and been one of the Jacks top offensive players

Comment

TK hasn't thrown in several days. Anyone know if thats just a coaching plan or if she is hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                                TK hasn't thrown in several days. Anyone know if thats just a coaching plan or if she is hurt?
                                have not heard anything
                                she threw a no hitter on sunday. we have played 7 games since then and she has not thrown a pitch. I would say that is somewhere between concerning and catastrophic.

beyond TK none of our other pitchers have been good this year
                                I would have to look again at innings but i believe Shannon is next in innings thrown and sadly (meaning i HATE to say it) she has been AWFUL. her ERA is almost 7 and her WHIP is well over 2

on a good note, Shannon is currently pitching against Ohio St and through 4 innings she has given up one hit and only one walk (wow am i nervous about writing that before the game is over. please if you are reading this knock on wood immediately)

going into todays game Shannon had thrown just under 60 innings but given up OVER 60 hits and 60 walks, plus 17 wild pitches and 5 hit batters. I feel like lack of control has been by far the biggest problem. there is ONE other pitcher listed in the top 20 summit league pitchers with 11 wild pitches, otherwise nobody has even HALF of Shannon's number and most have less than 5.

Shannon was a very solid number 2 last year. hopefully she has found her control today vs OSU. i cannot say OSU is great. they have not really beaten anyone exceptional, but they have won about two thirds of their games so they are at least very solid and respectable AND when we played them on thursday they scored 10 runs so holding them scoreless so far is a great start!!

our next 2 pitchers in innings pitched are Williams and Barnard. they have been quite a bit better than Shannon but not to the level you could call good

Comment

Working...
                                X