No announcement yet.

Postseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I need an education concerning who is staying and who is leaving!

It appears there were 10 players that played 42 games or more and those 10 could be considered the starters especially in number of "at bats"! Peyton and Kelsey as Seniors and are in those 10. They were Freshmen in 2018 so won't they be receiving/can they receive a Covid year(5th year) or are they gone?

I see according to Gojacks.com on 11/10 and 12/9...7 Fr. are being added to the 2022 signing class, plus Maddie Cocker, a good Fr. pitcher per 1/13 is being added. Also per 4/5/22 Gojacks, Abby Flanagan, a pitcher, is being added this Fall from Des Moines Area Community College. She has just completed her So. year there and has great accolades through H.S. to now!

So, that is 9 new players. I do not know how many players can be on scholarship or how many may or can stay of the seniors now.

Comment

• On the picture in a team photo ( Chiara Bassi roster profile), I counted 24 players in uniform. Don't know the limit for players, but in this photo, there were 24. I may have counted a coach as a player (Brittany Gomez-Olson), maybe 23 instead? It's the team posing with the 2022 Championship banner.

Comment

• i am very VERY close to positive that there are 22 players on the roster. i think they had some coaches and extra team personnel in the championship photo.

they have 6 seniors that went through senior day ceremonies. i am not sure if any had the option to stay but i think they are all leaving. at this point i am not aware of any under classmen leaving.

i do not know what the scholarship scenario is with softball, but i am pretty sure you can have a pretty large number on the roster. i imagine there is some limit but i am not positive. but i am quite sure they could have more than 22, at the same time i know that i am an imperfect knucklehead and i am never surprised to find out i am wrong about something

and yes 73 i was not thinking about those updates when i wrote about players leaving and coming in. but i do remember about the juco pitcher and she sounds excellent!! that, however only adds another player to the already loaded current sophomore class

so hopefully some of those incoming freshman are ready to grab some of the little bit of playing time the sophs do not have nailed down OR better yet to challenge them for it and not let them get satisfied and lazy thinking that they have started for two ncaa teams so they have it made

competition is good for everyone

Comment

• College softball star Miranda Elish's return fueling Oklahoma State's WCWS dreams (espn.com)

speaking of competition being good, here is an AWESOME article about OSU and their transfers, program, coach, and putting it together at the right time. centers around former #1 recruit Miranda Elish

it speaks to the competition thing and how good players are not afraid of it. how they relish the chance to be pushed and challenged by other good players

but i also truly appreciated, how their coach speaks about family. and this is much the way that EVERY jacks coach who i do know or have ever known approaches their job. those of you have read much of what i write, have certainly seen me write about how the jacks see PERSON FIRST and player comes after person and student

i found it VERY HARD to hear that the michigan softball coach came into coaching thinking that her job was simply to win games. she said that since then she has discovered that the job is to USE sports as a tool and the field as a classroom to develop great people

i am happy that along the way she learned that!!! but i was sad that she had to and also that so many coaches still have not learned that. I can tell you i have ALWAYS loved sports! and i love to win! winning is much more fun than losing))!! but there was never a doubt about it, my first goal was always to USE sports to help kids learn about and prepare for life. sadly i have known lots of coaches who still think a LOT about their records and accolades and think the kids are present to make their program great

but the best coaches KNOW that the kids are NOT there to help their program! their program is there to help the kids! i am still hoping that in the days of NIL that kids will still want to stay at the places that live by that, because the jacks coaches i know definitely do!!

Comment

• Inside Oklahoma softball's Jordy Bahl's 'whole other level of greatness' (espn.com)

i am sure that some or many of you know this, but maybe some of you do not

OU stud and i mean STUD freshman pitcher is a papillion, NE native and HS teammate of current jackrabbit freshman Brooke Dumont and Mia Jarecki. i am pretty sure they did not lose a game for at least 2 years in HS

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
              i am very VERY close to positive that there are 22 players on the roster. i think they had some coaches and extra team personnel in the championship photo.

they have 6 seniors that went through senior day ceremonies. i am not sure if any had the option to stay but i think they are all leaving. at this point i am not aware of any under classmen leaving.

i do not know what the scholarship scenario is with softball, but i am pretty sure you can have a pretty large number on the roster. i imagine there is some limit but i am not positive. but i am quite sure they could have more than 22, at the same time i know that i am an imperfect knucklehead and i am never surprised to find out i am wrong about something

and yes 73 i was not thinking about those updates when i wrote about players leaving and coming in. but i do remember about the juco pitcher and she sounds excellent!! that, however only adds another player to the already loaded current sophomore class

so hopefully some of those incoming freshman are ready to grab some of the little bit of playing time the sophs do not have nailed down OR better yet to challenge them for it and not let them get satisfied and lazy thinking that they have started for two ncaa teams so they have it made

competition is good for everyone
              Scholarship limit is 12 for softball. I'm guessing there is some splitting of scholarships with the number of players on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Scholarship limit is 12 for softball. I'm guessing there is some splitting of scholarships with the number of players on the roster.
                Thanks. as i said, i was not sure. i thought it might have even been 10.

as for the roster size, i did not look extensively, but OU has 20 and OSU has 25. found a couple others with 22 like the jacks

Comment

• You guys always have such good info.

It seems a big plus for the Jacks...the family atmosphere that generally keeps the team together...esp. now with the transfer and NIL situations. Tucker Kraft made a great statement about being loyal to who recruited you and your desire to be a Jack. He may have used an even better word then loyal, but it still goes back to the family atmosphere.

I saw an article about the Michigan coach saying it was the Seniors that pulled them through. I know they have GS players also. I'm guessing she goes after the win 'however they can win' first off because you start bringing in transfer players for a year that don't have any acquaintances whatsoever on the team, then its just win first off!!

I'm guessing Coach Wood, as perhaps other coaches may do, give the option to some seniors, at least perhaps Peyton and Kelsey in this case to play a 5th year even before their 4th year started. This seems like a very tricky situation. A coach really can't promise much with Fr. coming in and some may decommit. It seems like a crazy amount of pressure for coaches. I'm sure some of you have insight of this too

Comment

Working...
                  X