No announcement yet.

Postseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicole Mendes is cruising for a "Jacks Jinx" ice cream flavor comprised of rancid vanilla ice cream, ground Bison tenderloin, and 'yote hair

Comment

• Time to get Tori warmed up. Michigan is timing up Glanzer and hitting the ball hard.

Comment

• Always keep the ball in front of you, CF playing too close to infield, have to run back to get the ball over your head??? It's easier to run forward for a ball than run back , and you have a better situational awareness once you grab it because you are looking forward the whole time. Just my way of thinking anyway.

Comment

• Hopefully the Jacks put the dancing Wolverines back in their place during this half of inning.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Always keep the ball in front of you, CF playing too close to infield, have to run back to get the ball over your head???
            I wasn't expecting Leclair to get a triple on that. Guessing they don't make that mistake with defensive alignment moving forward

Comment

• really HORRIBLE home plate umpiring this whole tourney. VERY inconsistent calling of balls and strikes!!

the most consistent ump in the jacks 3 games was the nova ump, but he had a consistently bad strike zone, in that it was miniscule

Comment

• unless the replay people have better views than we had, there is no way they could have indesputable evidence that the ball did NOT hit her hand

Comment

• all complaints about the umps aside, the jacks have just not looked like they are consistently in the game mentally. i would be really irked to think so, but maybe all the stopping and starting and piles of weirdness, has got them tired or frustrated or simply out of focus or off their game!

they did such a good job against this pitcher in game one of NOT swinging at high pitches, but today they have had 16 or 17 batters and they have probably swung at WELL OVER 20 pitches above the numbers. not to mention the early defensive miscues

hopefully they can turn it on these last two innings

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                    all complaints about the umps aside, the jacks have just not looked like they are consistently in the game mentally. i would be really irked to think so, but maybe all the stopping and starting and piles of weirdness, has got them tired or frustrated or simply out of focus or off their game!

they did such a good job against this pitcher in game one of NOT swinging at high pitches, but today they have had 16 or 17 batters and they have probably swung at WELL OVER 20 pitches above the numbers. not to mention the early defensive miscues

hopefully they can turn it on these last two innings
                    Throughout the entire weekend, the Jacks seem to be under-cutting the ball when they make contact. More infield popups than I can remember ever seeing in 3 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                      really HORRIBLE home plate umpiring this whole tourney. VERY inconsistent calling of balls and strikes!!

the most consistent ump in the jacks 3 games was the nova ump, but he had a consistently bad strike zone, in that it was miniscule
                      I agree that the 'Nova ump seemed most consistent. The ump for the Michigan game seemed to consistently give the Storako strikes against Jacks' righties that Glanzer & Kniesche didn't get facing Wolverines' lefties.

Comment

• 4 more swings at pitches shoulder high or above in the final two innings. they did such a good job of letting those go on friday. for whatever reason could NOT let them pass today. also a fair amount of looking at close pitches with two strikes

Cylie absolutely crushes another ball to tie her program record from last year with 19 HR on the season, once again. but i bet if you look at the numbers WAY MORE of the homers were solo this year. both of them this weekend were solo. i am pretty sure she finishes this year with about 20 less RBI

if she could have hit that ball on her second AB when peyton and roz were on base, it really changes the game and i am guessing gets the girls back into the game mentally

anyway, ifs and buts do not matter now

CONGRATULATIONS on another very very good season!!! losing six seniors. it will be very interesting to see if we can bring in a few more players to have some younger players start to supplement this years sophomores. and it seems like dumont and jarecki both have a good chance to see bigger roles next year

if there are no additions who take a significant playing role, i would imagine that Dumont and Yoder just rotate at catcher and DP. Jarecki probably plays second and culver replaces peyton in LF, but hopefully we add at least one or two more significant pieces to fill in for the six seniors leaving

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I agree that the 'Nova ump seemed most consistent. The ump for the Michigan game seemed to consistently give the Storako strikes against Jacks' righties that Glanzer & Kniesche didn't get facing Wolverines' lefties.
                          TOTALLY AGREE with this!! the plate did NOT have corners on it for Grace and Tori. many of their hitters looked at pitches that the jacks had called for strikes and they got a different result!!

that said, i also think that our hitters swinging at a lot of bad pitches kind of got the ump lubricated to thinking Storako was throwing everything in the zone

and that is NO EXCUSE!! the ump should NOT be influenced by that!!! a strike should be a strike every time for every pitcher and a ball a ball
                          but it is probably another example of us hurting ourselves. the bad swings had a bigger impact than just one bad swing

Comment

• Congrats to the team on another successful season. I know they fell short of their goal at the end but an NCAA tourney win another season in a row now is a big deal. Advancing forward past that feels like our women’s basketball team trying to reach a sweet 16 all those years which made it even sweeter when they did clear that hurdle. Softball is very close to moving up to another level and soon it’ll happen. Young team and a great coach who I hope stays in Brookings for years to come.

Comment

• I'd take another pitcher to start grooming also, I know we'll keep our two elite pitchers awhile, but we don't just want a void when they graduate either. That's if we can find one who has real possibilities.Oops, should have looked at the roster, we already have 3 we are developing now, my bad ...uhhh wait, all three are seniors though . Love this team, wanted more for them, but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. All in all, I'd say we had a pretty good season.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-22-2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                I'd take another pitcher to start grooming also, I know we'll keep our two elite pitchers awhile, but we don't just want a void when they graduate either. That's if we can find one who has real possibilities.Oops, should have looked at the roster, we already have 3 we are developing now, my bad ...awww wait, all three are seniors though . Love this team, wanted more for them, but that.s the way the ball bounces sometimes. All in all, I'd say we had a pretty good season.
                                YES i think that they need probably 2 pitchers. nobody pitched too much this year other than the big 2, but you have to have more than 2 even if everyone is healthy. and you need to have some backup in case of injuries. and i think we need both pitchers and players that begin to look like they can replace the sophomores in a couple years.

i am not looking at the roster in this moment, but i think they will have 3 catchers next year. maybe would not hurt to have at least a utility player who could catch a little in a pinch. and i think we have a lot more infielders than outfielders

i also think we are losing the 2 fastest players on the team, Peyton and Caelyn. so some speedsters who can play the outfield and pinch run. but i am sure coach wood has a very good picture what she is looking for. HOPEFULLY we will start to see some obvious efforts to develop players for the future, otherwise it might become clear that coach wood is thinking about riding these sophomores to a bigger opportunity. i really hope not!!! obviously i have disagreed with some of her lineups, but i think she is an awesome coach and i really think she could turn the jacks into a powerhouse if she wants to stay!!

BTW, i thought the final lineup was perfect!! it helped that kelsey got her swing going (and awesome for her to be such a big part of the final win of her career, the two seniors were on base a total of 7 times in their last win) but with kelsey going it made it easy to put our 3 best hitters 1-3, then kelsey the bopper cleanup, then probably our next 2 hottest hitters 5-6 with one of them a slapper to kind of restart the order

Comment

Working...
                                X