• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacks leave bases loaded to end 1st.

Comment

Yoder hits double and scores to tie it 1-1 after single by Daugherty

Comment

Rozelyn Carrillo with an amazing diving catch in outfield.

Comment

Kelsey hits another ball by the jacks that is well hit but still finds a glove

still the jacks have Roz at 3rd with 2 out after some very heads up base running by her. but cannot get the hit to bring her in

hopefully Kelsey is finding her swing, her A swing has been a little bit MIA for a couple weeks. she has put two balls in play today and the ball to RF this inning was hit very well

Comment

The announcer just said what i was going to type. Tori really has ONLY ONE pitch that is working today

the curve ball has been almost a total failure. i think she has one strike on her curve ball and she just cannot keep it in the zone

and the ump is NOT giving the high strike so if nova would stop swinging at it, they could make life very tough for Tori

all of that said, Tori is not the best version of Tori today but she is still finding a way to be tough.

Comment

Weather delay (lightning) now. Likely won't resume before 5pm CT

Jacks set to bat in 4th when play resumes

Comment

game goes to lightening delay. i think that means 30 minutes with no more lightening within a certain mile radius. i cannot remember the radius.

this is a bummer for the jacks as they really had momentum moving in their direction. Tori is struggling, at least by her standards, but she is still giving up almost no hits. and the offense is threatening in every inning. this delay kind of allows villanova to relax. hopefully the jacks can come back out and put the pressure back on immediately

ALSO, hopefully this does not mean that weather is going to change the schedule, because if the jacks get things going and win this game, i think they DEFINITELY want michigan to have to play another game TODAY after playing for 4 and a half hours already

also if they do not play another game today, that would mean having to win 3 games tomorrow to win the region. it seems like with the heat 2 today and 2 tomorrow is more doable

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  game goes to lightening delay. i think that means 30 minutes with no more lightening within a certain mile radius. i cannot remember the radius.

this is a bummer for the jacks as they really had momentum moving in their direction. Tori is struggling, at least by her standards, but she is still giving up almost no hits. and the offense is threatening in every inning. this delay kind of allows villanova to relax. hopefully the jacks can come back out and put the pressure back on immediately

ALSO, hopefully this does not mean that weather is going to change the schedule, because if the jacks get things going and win this game, i think they DEFINITELY want michigan to have to play another game TODAY after playing for 4 and a half hours already

also if they do not play another game today, that would mean having to win 3 games tomorrow to win the region. it seems like with the heat 2 today and 2 tomorrow is more doable
                  I believe it's an 8-mile radius of field [and no, that's not just an excuse for me to pitch my "Ate Mmm...ile" flavor at the Dairy Bar (comprised of chocolate ice cream, strawberries, hot fudge, crushed pretzels, whipped cream, pineapple, carrot cake flakes, and coconut)]

Kniesche is striking out batters; yes, they're chasing, but she's been able to maintain composure.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I believe it's an 8-mile radius of field [(and no, that's not just an excuse for me to pitch my "Ate Mmm...ile" flavor at the Dairy Bar (comprised of chocolate ice cream, strawberries, hot fudge, crushed pretzels, whipped cream, pineapple, carrot cake flakes, and coconut)]

Kniesche is striking out batters; yes, they're chasing, but she's been able to maintain composure.
                    yes absolutely Tori is battling and for the most part still dominating, after the base on balls problems in the first inning

but also, exactly, villanova is chasing. before the announcer talked about sitting on one pitch ( the only one that is really working) i was going to say that nova hitters need to TOTALLY stop swinging at anything up and if they do not have the discipline to do that, then they should not swing until they have at least one strike and maybe two

obviously i am glad they are NOT doing that!! and i hope that during the lightening delay that their coaches are NOT able to convince them to start doing that!!!

Tori is still amazing!!! but the combo of struggling with her curve and the umps tiny strike zone is giving Nova an opportunity, if they would be disciplined enough to take advantage

meanwhile, the Jacks hitters also need to take advantage of the tiny strike zone!! wait for the pitcher to put the ball in the middle of the zone and start crushing it!

Comment

I believe it's an 8-mile radius of field [and no, that's not just an excuse for me to pitch my "Ate Mmm...ile" flavor at the Dairy Bar (comprised of chocolate ice cream, strawberries, hot fudge, crushed pretzels, whipped cream, pineapple, carrot cake flakes, and coconut)]

ALSO, do you EVER think about ANYTHING connected to SDSU and not think about ice cream?))))

i was thinking that if Tori would keep pitching like she has been and lead the jacks to a regional victory that you might need to come up with a TK K Krunch flavor

Comment

also starting to think that coach wood needs to write her name on the lineup card as Tori KKKKKKKKKKniesche because you really cannot spell Knieshe any more without at least 10 Ks

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

ALSO, do you EVER think about ANYTHING connected to SDSU and not think about ice cream?))))

i was thinking that if Tori would keep pitching like she has been and lead the jacks to a regional victory that you might need to come up with a TK K Krunch flavor
                          To paraphrase Willie, ice cream is almost always on my mind.

Hmm, I might be more apt to try utilize a "Tori's Tornado" approach and have blended jalapeno jam mixed in to highlight pitch speed.

Comment

To paraphrase Willie, ice cream is almost always on my mind.

Hmm, I might be more apt to try utilize a "Tori's Tornado" approach and have blended jalapeno jam mixed in to highlight pitch speed.
                            haha, i was DEFINITELY thinking something with heat

espn+ still saying weather delay in effect. i am guessing that means additional lightening strikes. and every time there is a strike the 30 minute clock starts over

no udates on jacks radio that i have heard so i guess we have to just keep checking in to see if it is back on

Comment

last week most of the conference tourney games that were on espn had the radar gun readings on the screen

i am disappointed that they are not doing that this week, but the announcers today did say that Tori throws in the upper 60s and i think that puts her up there with anybody

for comparison michigan's stud Starako was stated to throw in the mid 60s and last week in the limited games i watched outside the SLT i never saw anyone much over 65, including the SEC pitcher of the year, C Delce, who transferred into Arkansas this year

Comment

Tyler just gave an update. said the rain has stopped but that since play stopped that it has been a total downpour

Comment

Working...
                                X