No announcement yet.

Postseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle of the 4th inning. 0-0. I haven’t been able to watch most of it but lots of discussion of how close our players and their families are. Quite the culture our team has!

Comment

michigan scores 2 in the bottom of the fifth with only one well hit ball. they take the lead 2-0

michigan has their first team all region pitcher on the mound. she was unanimous big 10 POY last year if i understand correct, but the jacks have hat a LOT of balls very well, but almost everything has been directly at the CF or LF or SS

it is time for the jacks to get a little bit of a break. they are playing well

Comment

2-1 final Michigan to winner's bracket.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

WOW the jacks lose a very tough one to start the region! BUMMER!!

jacks had people on base every inning except the 5th, but hit a ton of balls right at outfielders or the SS

meanwhile michigan had bases loaded in the first but did not score. that rally began with a perfectly placed grounder just off of Culvers glove at second

and the ONLY other threat michigan made was in the fifth
          the leadoff batter reached base on a hit by pitch. by rule she should have been called out. some might say i am biased, but watch the video if you can. it is clear as day that she moved her PADDED elbow INTO the pitch. she tried to get hit and the umps made it pay
          second batter with an absolutely perfect bunt into no mans land. depending on who you cheer for probably that was either great execution or tremendous luck)) haha but i do believe that was the only bunt they even attempted on the day and it give them 2 on and nobody out with top of the order coming up
          next batter seeing eye SOFT SOFT liner into CF, bases loaded without a single hard hit ball
          next batter grounds to Roz and she gets the out at home
          next hitter, their 3 batter, had maybe their best hit ball of the day, down the LF line. two runs score. next two batters get out. they are up 2-0

Cylie CRUSHES a ball to dead center in top of 6 making it 2-1, ironically or sadly or WHATEVER you want to call it, that was the ONLY time all day that Cylie batted with empty bases(((

michigan goes down 3up and 3 down in the bottom of 6, which i think they did 3 out of 6 innings that they batted

top of 7 Jocelyn starts a 2 out rally by reaching base after a strike out. next batter walks. Emma gets called out on a called strike 3, which the espn announcer KINDLY called questionable.

i AM NOT second guessing coach wood!! she has built an amazing program and she has MORE than earned the right to coach the game the way she chooses to coach it!!!

but that was the perfect example to me of why LONG AGO when i coached baseball and softball both, i put my best hitter 2nd in the lineup and my next best hitter 3rd or leadoff depending on what type of hitter they are.

the higher in the lineup you bat, the MORE chances that you get to bat at the end of the game. and for me MOST importantly i NEVER NEVER wanted to end the game with my best hitter standing in the on deck circle instead of the batters box. that is exactly what happened to the jacks today

and that is NOTHING against emma!! she is playing well and hit the ball well today. no hits(( but like a bunch of the jacks HARD hit balls that were caught. emma had 2 hard hit balls caught by the LF

but Roz has been the best and most consistent player all year and the next most dangerous hitter is Cylie. Roz i think hit every ball very hard today. double to the wall, SMOKED line drive directly at CF. hard hit ball to the track in LF. again i trust coach wood!! and MANY people still put the best hitter 3rd

i am simply saying i want every chance for Roz to get in the box there. and even though Emma had a good at bat and was called out on a questionable strike 3. i dont have to worry about that if i put my best hitter in the 2 hole.

please do not think i am complaining about coach wood. we are so so lucky to have her!! i am just making conversation and giving my two cents on the debate of where in the order to put your best hitters

anyway the girls played a good game today and i would say that they did not really catch any breaks at all until they had 2 outs in the top of 7. tough way to lose(( but i expect them come out fighting whenever the weather allows them to get on the field again

currently scheduled for 1230 CST tomorrow but there is a lot of weather expected before then

Comment

Tough loss. SDSU clearly has the pitching talent to win games, but most teams that make it this far do as well. Hopefully the offense can get hot and score more than a couple of runs.

I think Rozelyn was 2nd in the lineup for most of the year, so not sure why she was moved down a spot. Maybe Coach Wood knew runs would be tough to come by and wanted to play small ball with two speedy slappers at the top, followed by more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
              Tough loss. SDSU clearly has the pitching talent to win games, but most teams that make it this far do as well. Hopefully the offense can get hot and score more than a couple of runs.

I think Rozelyn was 2nd in the lineup for most of the year, so not sure why she was moved down a spot. Maybe Coach Wood knew runs would be tough to come by and wanted to play small ball with two speedy slappers at the top, followed by more power.
              I do not think i have it figured out and am not trying to pretend like i do, but it appears to me that she moved people around in the lineup a LOT until the 2nd or 3rd weekend of conference play. the second weekend was against usd and the first game that weekend Culver actually was batting 3rd and Cylie was 6th. i dont remember where Roz was at that time but she spent plenty of games OOC in the bottom 3 batters.

I feel like she was moving people around and trying to have more at bats for hot hitters, but there could definitely be a different reason! but my guess for today is that Emma has been hitting pretty well and had a good weekend in SLT.

instead of lengthening the lineup by putting her 4, 5, or 6, coach moved Emma to the 2 hole a spot she has hit in a lot and then theoretically you have your hottest hitters 1-4. and like i said that is coach wood choice to make and i respect that! simply for conversation sake or taking pleasure in a friendly debate, that is not the way i would prefer to put the lineup together

Changing topics, UCF put up 14 hits against villanova and won 6-0. so the girls will play villanova tomorrow at 1230 OR whenever the weather allows. I feel like the jacks are really due to start having some balls land on the grass. they have hit a lot of good balls in the last handful of games that are finding leather instead of grass

Comment

I just want the bats to come alive, the pitching keeps you in the game, but the hits are needed to take it.

Comment

I see the game is scheduled for 12:30. Anyone have any idea on the chances of them being able to play?

Comment

Michigan and UCF go to extra innings tied at 2. SDSU will face the loser if they win.

Comment

Looked like batter interfered with Kniesche's ability to field ball on PB that resulted in 'Nova's run scored.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        I see the game is scheduled for 12:30. Anyone have any idea on the chances of them being able to play?
                        Game's on now. Jacks need to get out of top of 1st only down by one so Kniesche can regain composure

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Game's on now. Jacks need to get out of top of 1st only down by one so Kniesche can regain composure
                          She was really fighting it - gave up a run on a HBP and three walks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

She was really fighting it - gave up a run on a HBP and three walks.
                            Ump's zone didn't do her any favors on a couple close ones. 'Nova's hurler needs to walk a couple too

Comment

Halvorson drops a single to center. Appears ump is relatively consistent and merely has a condensed zone

Comment

Announcers already commented on boisterousness of Jacks' fans. I can really hear them now

Comment

Working...
                                X